alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BULKING/Cutting Question

Hey guys, im not sure if i understand this correctly so just wanted some confirmation.

This question is strictly regarding calories, i understand that training and what you eat play a very important role in weight loss and gain as well.

On a bulk, caloric surplus determines how fast you gain weight.

The higher the daily caloric surplus is, the faster you gain but with a high surplus fat gains increase as well right?

So if that's true, than on a cut, the calorie deficit determines how fast you lose weight.

The larger the deficit the faster you lose weight, but if the deficit is too high, does that mean you're losing more muscle mass or more fat?

In order to maintain current muscle mass, but cut down my fat percentage should my caloric deficit be smaller (like -250cals/day)? or should the deficit be larger (something like -1000 cals per day)?

Thanks for the help!

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alexkoch View Post
    Hey guys, im not sure if i understand this correctly so just wanted some confirmation.

This question is strictly regarding calories, i understand that training and what you eat play a very important role in weight loss and gain as well.

On a bulk, caloric surplus determines how fast you gain weight.

The higher the daily caloric surplus is, the faster you gain but with a high surplus fat gains increase as well right?

So if that's true, than on a cut, the calorie deficit determines how fast you lose weight.

The larger the deficit the faster you lose weight, but if the deficit is too high, does that mean you're losing more muscle mass or more fat?

In order to maintain current muscle mass, but cut down my fat percentage should my caloric deficit be smaller (like -250cals/day)? or should the deficit be larger (something like -1000 cals per day)?

Thanks for the help!
    Alex,

All of your ideas are in check. You don't want to cut too drastically, as it ends in muscle loss at the end of your cutting experience.

Actually, -250 cals per day would be an awesome method for cutting if you have the patience. I typically go into a -500 state to kick things off. I have cut like that multiple times without any muscle loss (proven by measurements taken throughout my cut).

You will more than likely never need to be in a 1000 calorie deficit.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100) bbtour is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Alex,

All of your ideas are in check. You don't want to cut too drastically, as it ends in muscle loss at the end of your cutting experience.

Actually, -250 cals per day would be an awesome method for cutting if you have the patience. I typically go into a -500 state to kick things off. I have cut like that multiple times without any muscle loss (proven by measurements taken throughout my cut).

You will more than likely never need to be in a 1000 calorie deficit.
    correct
    WILL REP U BACK BRUH!