Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    Because, if they didn't want to be a Grunt, they'd be looking at the Navy or Air Force...

(But srs - think about it)
    I didn't want to be a grunt when I joined (srs)
    I WANTED to be in Tanks... but then I got stupid and listened to my Recruiter and ended up in the reserves
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fevr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WehateBoostBrah View Post
    Impressive. I have a question about the obstacle 10seconds in. Is that the proper way to accomplish it? What he did is clearly fast but it looks dangerous for the rotator cuff.
    There are different ways to do it. I don't it that way because I'm protective of my shoulder after having surgery.

Unless you're in a basic training environment there's really no set method for the obstacles.

reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) reynaldooo is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    cell phones for soldiers

am always wary of organizations claiming to help soldiers, vets, kids, etc. they say theyre legit but any wolf can bark like a house dog. just wanted to know if any military guys can confirm or deny this organizations validity before i send my phones.

thanks

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    you mean like this?

No, he still didn't get enough momentum in the first part. If he had gone at the first bar like he did those parallel bars, yes. Also if he had vaulted the wall and been able to climb the rope without using his legs he would've had a much faster time.

strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500) strongbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you knew what you know now before you joined the Corps, what would you have tried to change? (Different MOS, missed opportunities, etc.)
    "What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now." --Buddha

“One who has control over the mind is tranquil in heat and cold, in pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor; and is ever steadfast with the Supreme Self.” --The Bhagavad Gita

Joe Rogan Fan

EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50) EroticInsanity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by strongbrah View Post
    If you knew what you know now before you joined the Corps, what would you have tried to change? (Different MOS, missed opportunities, etc.)
    this

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    I would have done it mostly the same except to go for Recon. Those Marines are hardcore. Overall nothing else
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would of joined right after High School rather then waited until I was 20. Although in reality those 2 years as a civilian probably prepared me for a more realistic approach to the Marine Corps then a lot of kids out of High School.

To be honest, I wouldn't change much of anything. I had a pretty solid MOS, got to deploy to Afghanistan, and joining the MSG Program has been one of the best decisions of my life. There isn't too much I would change other then probably making a greater effort to see some of Okinawa.

On a related note, the people who you usually find hating life, regretting their decisions, and hating the Corps are those who just drift by doing the minimum with no aspirations to better themselves or go beyond what is expected of them.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) I would not have spent my time dicking around with the Army out of High School, and went straight to the Marines

2) I would have told my recruiter to STFU and gone active instead of joining the Reserves straight up.

As a Reservist, your only committed to 2 weeks of active duty (AT) each year. I volunteered to go several times. Finally decided to deal with the paperwork and associated BS and lat move onto the active side after being in for about 3.5 years. 6 months into that process I had to withdraw my package due to my mother's health issues.

If I had gone active to begin with, I would have ended up with a MOS I would have preferred (wanted Tanks or Enlisted Air Crew, ended up with Bulk Fuel), and I still could have came home and taken care of my mother (Her health took a turn for the worse right around my 4 year mark).

Regardless, joining the Marines was the BEST decision of my life.
    Through them I learned:
    - The only person holding me back is myself
    - How to face and overcome my fears
    - Direction in life (a few AT's I did were disaster recovery and relief, I'm now going to school for that)

I've gained valuable leadership, management, critical thinking and problem solving skills that have propelled my civilian career. I've learned that Honor, hard work and sacrifice are not cliché terms, but have "true" meaning. I've experienced the high of highs and the low of lows all while clean and sober. I've seen and done things most people hardly dream about. I've actually experienced life, not just lived it... and despite all the boring and sh*tty stuff that comes along with serving the Corps, I would not trade one second of it for all the riches in the world
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you guys recommend a certain brand/kind of boots I should buy while here at SOI or when I get to the fleet? Right now I'm still wearing my issued ones from PI, they're not bad but I know there are better ones, I just don't want to spend all that money to find out that they suck. I want some that are light, comfortable, good for hikes, PT, and field stuff.
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fsambuka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What things should I bring with me on tour to trade with you yank's, I heard your crazy over our cap badges for some reason... lol

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz

Talking

Originally Posted by Fsambuka View Post
    What things should I bring with me on tour to trade with you yank's, I heard your crazy over our cap badges for some reason... lol
    I traded for one of those!

Anything like patches, boonie covers/drinking caps, anything that's hard to find

Be safe and keep your weapon loaded!

SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    Do you guys recommend a certain brand/kind of boots I should buy while here at SOI or when I get to the fleet? Right now I'm still wearing my issued ones from PI, they're not bad but I know there are better ones, I just don't want to spend all that money to find out that they suck. I want some that are light, comfortable, good for hikes, PT, and field stuff.
    I remember reading the thread you made right after you got back. I wanted to ask you what your PFT was going in and then after finishing Recruit Training, any one else too.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SevereMedicalCondition View Post
    I remember reading the thread you made right after you got back. I wanted to ask you what your PFT was going in and then after finishing Recruit Training, any one else too.
    I don't know exactly what it was before I left, it's always been 1st class, which isn't really that hard anyways, it's the running that gets me.

The initial pft at boot I got 236, pull ups went from 20 to 17. Final pft it was 254, did 18 pull ups but I slipped off the bar they gave me 17. The initial pft we did here at SOI I got 261, the guy counting my pull ups counted 17 twice, I'm still pissed about it because I ended with 19 when it should have been 20

My goal is at least 285, I never worry about the crunches since I'll always be able to do 100, but like I said it's the running that gets me
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000) SevereMedicalCondition is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    I don't know exactly what it was before I left, it's always been 1st class, which isn't really that hard anyways, it's the running that gets me.

The initial pft at boot I got 236, pull ups went from 20 to 17. Final pft it was 254, did 18 pull ups but I slipped off the bar they gave me 17. The initial pft we did here at SOI I got 261, the guy counting my pull ups counted 17 twice, I'm still pissed about it because I ended with 19 when it should have been 20

My goal is at least 285, I never worry about the crunches since I'll always be able to do 100, but like I said it's the running that gets me
    Yeah same here. I can do 20+ pull ups and 100 crunches no problem but my three mile time is still at 22:30. I have a little less than 3 months left and would love to get it under 21:00 at least. ****ing running.

Yeah same here. I can do 20+ pull ups and 100 crunches no problem but my three mile time is still at 22:30. I have a little less than 3 months left and would love to get it under 21:00 at least. ****ing running.
    Get your time to 19

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    Get your time to 19
    Any particular reason other than being really good at it? I wont stop until I hit 18 but I dont know if 19 will be possible in this time frame.

Talking

Any particular reason other than being really good at it? I wont stop until I hit 18 but I dont know if 19 will be possible in this time frame.
    Because 1st Class PFT is the sht

6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000) 6BT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just got accepted to 1st increment PLC OCS summer '11. What should I be shooting for physically? I have no idea for the things like push ups, jumping jacks, ammo can lifts??? 20 pull ups, 100 sit ups, probably a 20:40 run right now, aiming for close to 19:00 by OCS.

Originally Posted by 6BT View Post
    Just got accepted to 1st increment PLC OCS summer '11. What should I be shooting for physically? I have no idea for the things like push ups, jumping jacks, ammo can lifts??? 20 pull ups, 100 sit ups, probably a 20:40 run right now, aiming for close to 19:00 by OCS.
    This. What about other exercises? My recruiter told me to do things like flutter kicks, push ups, and mountain climbers. I dont know if I am good at them or not though.

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My OSO recommended CrossFit stuff.

http://cfmoncton.files.wordpress.com...t-list-v15.pdf
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honestly? Depends on the class you go into...
    I would seriously be shooting for 40 pullups, situps all day, and a 15:00 3 mile.
    And I agree with the Crossfit comment, they've definitely switched up their mentality about the physical training at OCS to be more like a CFT. I would be training to be able to compete at the Crossfit Games (minus the power lifting/olympic lifting competition aspect)

Nothing. A mix of doing the right things and being dealt good cards honestly got me almost exactly what I wanted.

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    found this while browsing youtube

holy **** that good
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

found this while browsing youtube

holy **** that good
    I may have that video from a different camera angle...if you know what I mean.

^^
    go on...

Was practicing college boy roll....

smashed my nuts real bad

fuuuuuuuuuu

*Misc Cologne Crew*

5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5G is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^
    go on...

Was practicing college boy roll....

smashed my nuts real bad

fuuuuuuuuuu
    urdoinitwrong.jpg

The first two times I did it right and the bar was at lower ab area, but third one...ouch

*Misc Cologne Crew*

Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abjam is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey guys

My dream job is to be a crew chief, hopefully make it my career. My question is would I be able to transfer to the Army and go to the Night Stalkers with my current rank in the Marines? Also, would I have to go through the Army's basic?

Sorry if this is redundant.

Originally Posted by Abjam View Post
    Hey guys

My dream job is to be a crew chief, hopefully make it my career. My question is would I be able to transfer to the Army and go to the Night Stalkers with my current rank in the Marines? Also, would I have to go through the Army's basic?

Sorry if this is redundant.
    You could once you get our of the Marines IF the Army lets you and most likely go through basic again