bigglendiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fiber versus alcohol

Ok, so I've got some sort of a strange question. I've been sticking with a strict diet and even cut out alcohol! I've been somewhat constipated over the last month. Not completely, but just to where I feel like I need to go but when I get there I get little movement.

So I've increased my fiber intake 10fold and even try to take in 2 servings of psylum husk a day (any recipes would be great because it tastes like garbage) and eat apples, greens, and whole wheat and grains all day, flax seeds, and I drink almost 2 gallons of water a day!

So last night I went to the bar and had about 6 beers and a few shots. After not drinking for over a month, my tolerance was shot.

Amazingly I woke up this morning and had the best BM ever!!! I seriously stepped on the scale prior to using the toilet and was 160 and afterwards weighed in about 157.5!!! It was what I needed and I even looked leaner!

My questions: Is there a science behind this? Does anyone recommend a regular binge drinking session every few weeks or so? Anyone else have the same problem as me?

If this is a stupid question, sorry, but I'm really working on tweaking the last bit of bodyfat I've got left! Help!

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fiber will definitely make ya crap man, everyday after a fiber-filled breakfast im off to the bathroom.

Avoid alcohol if you're tryin to lose weight. You're body does not digest alcohol so that it needs to be used for energy first. So your body won't burn any carbs or fat until all the alcohol is gone, it pretty much blocks weight loss.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

knowitalll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigglendiesel View Post
    Ok, so I've got some sort of a strange question. I've been sticking with a strict diet and even cut out alcohol! I've been somewhat constipated over the last month. Not completely, but just to where I feel like I need to go but when I get there I get little movement.

So I've increased my fiber intake 10fold and even try to take in 2 servings of psylum husk a day (any recipes would be great because it tastes like garbage) and eat apples, greens, and whole wheat and grains all day, flax seeds, and I drink almost 2 gallons of water a day!

So last night I went to the bar and had about 6 beers and a few shots. After not drinking for over a month, my tolerance was shot.

Amazingly I woke up this morning and had the best BM ever!!! I seriously stepped on the scale prior to using the toilet and was 160 and afterwards weighed in about 157.5!!! It was what I needed and I even looked leaner!

My questions: Is there a science behind this? Does anyone recommend a regular binge drinking session every few weeks or so? Anyone else have the same problem as me?

If this is a stupid question, sorry, but I'm really working on tweaking the last bit of bodyfat I've got left! Help!
    DUDE.... you lost weight... NOT FAT. Alcohol is in no way, good for bettering your physique, it blocks protein syntheses (keeps your muscles "building blocks" from working) and it dehydrates you a lot. If you ever find your self wondering why you pee so much when you drink, that is why. Also, water has weight, so when you pee a lot, its a given that you will lose Weight, Not fat. You will look as if you are more cut for a short while because your skin will stick to your muscle since there is no water, But it is not good for you and does not help, just appears to help. Also, the way your body transports nutrients to your body is with water. If you dont have water in your cells you wont see results for the effort you put into your workout. With alcohol, you'll just see a dehydrated body, which will eventually refill the cells with water. Many ppl wake up with headaches too btw(hangover) because of lack of water, but as we all know that is temporary and the water will come back, ergo you are not doing anything good to your body whatsoever by going on a drinking binge. Hope this helps!