five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cyclic Ketogenic Diet Results

Cyclic Ketogenic Diet update:
    I’ve turned my body into a chemistry test set for you guys, and following some bloodwork I have some interesting findings to report in this – my last – CKD update.

First, a little about the diet for the new guys:

CKD Diet method – Eliminate carbs from diet for 5 days of the week. Eat fats and protein (in that priority) with a 24-36 hr carb load during the 2 off days.

Theory – “Train” your body to burn fat for energy. Burns fat and reduces cholesterol while sparing muscle through intermittent carb loading that replenishes glycogen in muscles.
    Results – As predicted I lost about 7 pounds in two months and saved muscle as demonstrated by several new PR’s during our heavy lifting days.

Bad Results – I had bloodwork done before I started the diet and then again approx 2 months into it. Because everything else was in order I expected the same positive results in my blood. I was mistaken. My “Before” numbers are on the Zone diet. My “After” numbers are CKD diet.

Before – 8/21/10
    Triglycerides – 71
    HDL (good cholesterol) – 71
    LDL (bad cholesterol) – 118

After – 10/23/10
    Triglycerides – 63
    HDL – 68
    LDL – 167

Analysis – Bad cholesterol rised catastrophically! In theory, if I continued with the CKD diet I would have a 20% chance of living 10 more years with cholesterol that high. For those of you educated in NJ that’s an 80% chance that I won’t see 40! I’d probably look great on my casket, but I’d still be dead.
    These results ARE repeatable. A friend with similar workout habits started this diet at the same time I did, and just showed similar results in recent bloodwork.

Verdict – CKD – NOT APPROVED. If you’re doing it, stop.

- Not me, someone from our Crossfit group.
    CROSSFIT

jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmyhat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by five1trix View Post
    I’ve turned my body into a chemistry test set for you guys, and following some bloodwork I have some interesting findings to report in this – my last – CKD update.

CKD Diet method – Eliminate carbs from diet for 5 days of the week. Eat fats and protein (in that priority) with a 24-36 hr carb load during the 2 off days.

Theory – “Train” your body to burn fat for energy. Burns fat and reduces cholesterol while sparing muscle through intermittent carb loading that replenishes glycogen in muscles.
    Results – As predicted I lost about 7 pounds in two months and saved muscle as demonstrated by several new PR’s during our heavy lifting days.

Bad Results – I had bloodwork done before I started the diet and then again approx 2 months into it. Because everything else was in order I expected the same positive results in my blood. I was mistaken. My “Before” numbers are on the Zone diet. My “After” numbers are CKD diet.

Before – 8/21/10
    Triglycerides – 71

After – 10/23/10
    Triglycerides – 63
    HDL – 68
    LDL – 167

Analysis – Bad cholesterol rised catastrophically! In theory, if I continued with the CKD diet I would have a 20% chance of living 10 more years with cholesterol that high. For those of you educated in NJ that’s an 80% chance that I won’t see 40! I’d probably look great on my casket, but I’d still be dead.
    These results ARE repeatable. A friend with similar workout habits started this diet at the same time I did, and just showed similar results in recent bloodwork.

How much fat did you lose out of interest?

denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10) denverizzles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jimmyhat View Post
    hahah this is awesome. who cares if you die before 40. Did you lose fat? ROFL awesomeeee.

OP, can you show your diet? documented? right now your saying these things but with no hard evidence other than what youre posting

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)

Before – 8/21/10
    Triglycerides – 71

After – 10/23/10
    Triglycerides – 63
    HDL – 68
    LDL – 167

1. BS. Cholesterol Heart connection is not a proven fact. It's a bad inference from bad cherry picked science.
    2. LDL means little without further breakdown into the amount of vldl.
    3. Historical data actually shows that the elderly have a better chance of living with higher cholesterol and higher rates of morbidity with lower cholesterol.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    1. BS. Cholesterol Heart connection is not a proven fact. It's a bad inference from bad cherry picked science.
    2. LDL means little without further breakdown into the amount of vldl.
    3. Historical data actually shows that the elderly have a better chance of living with higher cholesterol and higher rates of morbidity with lower cholesterol.
    Also... what did op eat.. Bad results also show from atkins.. but with no caloric limit excess calories can be bad reguardless of the diet
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gobrowns87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jimmyhat View Post
    LMAO! I would be interested as well. I find it hard to believe these results, look at all the **** our society is eating. McDonalds, Burger King, candy, all that ****.

I can find countless posts on the internet with people having results after years on keto with perfect results. It just goes to show everyone is different. And btw, I am eating two slices of bacon and four eggs smothered in pepperjack cheese as I write this. Loving it
    Last edited by gobrowns87; 11-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.

LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I also don't think that 2 months is sufficient time to see cholesterol differences in blood work.

I'd give it 6 solid months....w/o carb ups.

W/o any blood work I don't see how this diet can harm you. I have lower blood pressure, no acne and more energy. Just doesn't add up...
    To live is Christ, to die is gain. -Phil. 1:21
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - For Lifeee!
    360 Tag = L1ghtForce

Juggernaut Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649301213#post649301213

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *Yawn* Your 17...dont you have anything better to do then spread anti low carb propaganda around this fourm? I mean why come into a keto fourm and try to disprove all the PROVEN benifits of keto?
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    youre doing it wrong *******
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheHeirApparent View Post
    youre doing it wrong *******
    Actually it seems you're all doing it wrong. You responded to a troll. Who responds to a troll????? There is obviously a giant bridge between keto and 'balanced' diets but who runs around feeding the trolls that are beneath it?

five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10) five1trix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I said it was NOT me..does anyone even read?

7 lbs fat loss
    CROSSFIT

Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500)
    I said it was NOT me..does anyone even read?

7 lbs fat loss
    Is that what that disclaimer at the bottom meant? I read over that and thought you meant 'its not for me'(re: ketogenic diet) or something like that. Usually you want to put those kinds of things in bold at the top of a thread so you're not flamed.
    Adapt or Perish

http://*****.bodybuilding funkypigeon's Avatar
    funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50) funkypigeon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you fist started did you have your blood pressure take?
    When you eat a keto diet you acutualy strip the arterial plaque from your body (which is very good) cleaning your systems. This plaque (its not actualy plaque i think its cholestrol) once striped enters the blood and is temporarily part of the blood work. This will increase LDL, if you continue for a longer duration not only will you have squeaky clean circulatory system but you will return to your original HDH high and your LDL low.
    and were your carb ups dirty, im guessing so.

jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrmy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yea

Bacon and sausage will that to you.

alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had my blood test done few weeks ago, several years into ckd diet and everything was WNL. I would get your blood tested again. How long were you fasting before you had your blood test done?

Keto diet, from what i have ready and know, improves most peoples blood results, more so the cholesterol. I check my blood every year and have always been good. I would never do a diet that would harm my health, health should come first for everyone.

Alex

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strong bumps here...might as well throw in my $0.02

I too have had blood work done while on Keto. The only thing that was outta whack was "Elevated Liver Enzymes". (No biggie)
    Good to go! When this diet is done correctly, I think it's perfectly safe & extremely beneficial in many ways.
    505 / 315 / 545

hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    Strong bumps here...might as well throw in my $0.02

I too have had blood work done while on Keto. The only thing that was outta whack was "Elevated Liver Enzymes". (No biggie)
    Good to go! When this diet is done correctly, I think it's perfectly safe & extremely beneficial in many ways.
    Its most likely that OP is a troll, and when he did carb ups, he carbed up dirty, and as my experience indicates, when I do carb up dirty I felt like ****, more like dying!

aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hellolin324 View Post
    Its most likely that OP is a troll, and when he did carb ups, he carbed up dirty, and as my experience indicates, when I do carb up dirty I felt like ****, more like dying!
    I think everyone's carb ups are different.
    I generally keep it semi-dirty (200-300g of sugars) & see great results.
    As long as I keep fats down & water intake up...it's a great success.
    505 / 315 / 545

hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellolin324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    I think everyone's carb ups are different.
    I generally keep it semi-dirty (200-300g of sugars) & see great results.
    As long as I keep fats down & water intake up...it's a great success.
    by carbing up dirty i didn't mean that restrict the sugar intake, I meant that u mix high carb day also with high fat, such as a slice of Costco pizza!

Originally Posted by hellolin324 View Post
    by carbing up dirty i didn't mean that restrict the sugar intake, I meant that u mix high carb day also with high fat, such as a slice of Costco pizza!
    Ahh, gotcha!!!!

Indeed you are correct...
    High fat + High carbs = fat gainsssssss. lmao

However, if I wanted some pizza, I'd squeeze it in there.
    Krispy Kreme donuts is ~12g fat/donut & on my carb-loading hit list. haha
    505 / 315 / 545