Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sadfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fasting while working out

So Ramadan starts tomorrow and I want to still be able to lift weights while I fast. Since I'm a retard when it comes to nutrition and stuff I need your help.

I won't be able to drink or eat during daylight time. I'll be trying to eat as much food as possible or trying to do leangains while I'm at it. I've also stacked up on BCAA which I will take.

Please help before all my non-existing muscles shrivel up ;_;

P.S while I do enjoy the usual racism/anti-muslim comments I'd prefer it if it was just a bit on-topic as well.

FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not quite sure what it is you would like help with. IF doesn't really require any changes to your normal diet, unless you're having trouble getting in your required amount of cals/nutrients. Eat as many whole foods as you can though, and if you find that you're still having trouble then try meal replacements/protein shakes and focus on calorie dense foods such as nuts, nut butters, etc....

EDIT: what goalorientgirl said! if you're used to fasting then it's fine, but i usually need something in my system to actually lift properly.. however, that's just me. i would probably wait till after dusk, eat at least something before my work out and eat as much as possible afterwards.
    Last edited by FitFighter94; 07-31-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: forgot about thread title, duh.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it possible to do your workout before dawn or after dusk so you can drink water before/after you lift? A lot of people fast and still lift, it's just the dehydration that can be a big issue. If you're still getting enough calories/protein and water (and your body is used to fasting) during the 24 hour day, it doesn't really matter when you get them. Just back sure you hit your macros after sunset and don't let yourself get dehydrated.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems to me like lifting fasted isn't super rare, although without water might be challenging. I would alter my time of working out if possible to coincide with being able to eat & drink. But I still think you'll be fine. You might not gain in your lifts, but I doubt you decrease as long as you're eating your macros to support it(the fasting times & lifts, I mean)
    Even if not, it's one month a year. That's not much really.
    "That's what I want. Period. I want to look like I lift even when I don't flex. I want little girls to be afraid of my abs. I want other women to talk bad about me out of jealousy. I want men to worry I could snap them in half with my legs(yet be oddly turned on by the thought at the same time)." ~me2011