ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First Meet - Singlet

It's a push/pull but i'm going to only compete in the bench press, due to lack of $$ (60 dollar entry fee per lift. wtf )

anyway..

I don't have a singlet. What do you base the size of your singlet you need, on? I'm 6' 210 in the morning.

and is there any website to find what kind of rules the fed practices (feet placement, elbow sleeves/wrist wraps)? I looked on plwatch.com and the fed's website. it seems to be a backyard fed with not much info, and light records. hah. which is alright - i'm just looking for a first meet experience

the fed is SLP (son light power) and the meet takes place on Nov. 21st in Saranac, MI. looking at their website, they also have curl as a lift in some competitions.. kinda gay...

oh, one last question: what division would i be in? open men? - what requirements does "novice" division have?
    <3

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ein View Post
    I don't have a singlet. What do you base the size of your singlet you need, on? I'm 6' 210 in the morning.
    When I ordered my singlet from APT they just went by weight, I got one that was 180-220 and it fits pretty well. Sorry I can't help with any other questions, that's messed up that you'd have to pay for each event.

ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50) ein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ByronOrpheus View Post
    When I ordered my singlet from APT they just went by weight, I got one that was 180-220 and it fits pretty well. Sorry I can't help with any other questions, that's messed up that you'd have to pay for each event.
    thanks bro. i'll get that size singlet. now i gotta find a cool looking one. and yeah, i was almost disapointed when i found out that its 60 per lift to enter - then i remembered that i suck at deadlifting anyway haha.
    <3

makes a juicebox wet dannyautrey's Avatar
    dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) Get the tightest singlet that you can reasonably fit into.
    2) Get a banana and put it in the junk region
    3) ???
    4) Profit

APT, bro. I think they're the quickest place to get one from and not expensive.

Are you gonna cut to 198?

smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's a push/pull but i'm going to only compete in the bench press, due to lack of $$ (60 dollar entry fee per lift. wtf )

anyway..

and is there any website to find what kind of rules the fed practices (feet placement, elbow sleeves/wrist wraps)? I looked on plwatch.com and the fed's website. it seems to be a backyard fed with not much info, and light records. hah. which is alright - i'm just looking for a first meet experience

the fed is SLP (son light power) and the meet takes place on Nov. 21st in Saranac, MI. looking at their website, they also have curl as a lift in some competitions.. kinda gay...

oh, one last question: what division would i be in? open men? - what requirements does "novice" division have?
    On Lifting Large's Website, you would take an XL in a singlet:

Link Here

Bench (raw): 325 lbs. X 1
    Incline Bench Press (raw): 225 lbs. X 8
    Squat (single ply): 355 lbs. X 3
    Deadlift (single ply): 441 lbs. X 1
    Powerlifting Total (single ply): 1116 lbs.
    Barbell Curl: 140 lbs. X 1
    Standing Military Press: 190 lbs. X 1
    Weighted Dips: BW + 110 lbs. X 3
    Weighted Pullups: BW + 90 lbs. X 1

Originally Posted by dannyautrey View Post
    1) Get the tightest singlet that you can reasonably fit into.
    2) Get a banana and put it in the junk region
    3) ???
    4) Profit

APT, bro. I think they're the quickest place to get one from and not expensive.

Are you gonna cut to 198?
    LOL

thinking about it, but doubtfully. mostly because i have fking 30 hours of school related **** a week + job + lifting. i'm always dead. this meet isnt very important or anything so it doesnt seem worth it. i'm not even gonna deload or peak for it

Originally Posted by smitsky View Post
    On Lifting Large's Website, you would take an XL in a singlet:

Link Here

thanks smitsky
    <3

smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since it's your first meet, I would go in at your current weight and not try to cut.

You would register as a Junior. I would check with the meet director listed to see if you wanted to find information about a Novice.

There is no membership fee, so that's a plus. Believe me, most Feds charge membership fees.

Let's see if I can locate some Fed rules regarding the lifts...

Edit: Nope. Can't find a listing of any rules for them. Again, I would call the phone number they have listed.

Last edited by smitsky; 11-02-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Since it's your first meet, I would go in at your current weight and not try to cut.

You would register as a Junior. I would check with the meet director listed to see if you wanted to find information about a Novice.

There is no membership fee, so that's a plus. Believe me, most Feds charge membership fees.

Let's see if I can locate some Fed rules regarding the lifts...

Edit: Nope. Can't find a listing of any rules for them. Again, I would call the phone number they have listed.
    thanks again smitsky.

I just looked up the junior 220 class bench press record too, and its 405. i can pause 410. awesome
    <3

Thumbs up

thanks again smitsky.

I just looked up the junior 220 class bench press record too, and its 405. i can pause 410. awesome
    You should take the Title easy.

TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks bro. i'll get that size singlet. now i gotta find a cool looking one. and yeah, i was almost disapointed when i found out that its 60 per lift to enter - then i remembered that i suck at deadlifting anyway haha.
    The Metal Bench Singlet on elitefts is by far the sexiest looking singlet out there. I would know, I wear it.

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, pretty much anything goes in the SLP. It's so lax that plwatch doesn't even recognize it.

http://www.sonlightpower.com/
    314/231/352/881@123

Originally Posted by koyongi View Post
    Yeah, pretty much anything goes in the SLP. It's so lax that plwatch doesn't even recognize it.

so i can bench with wrist wraps/sleeves and my on my toes instead of flat feet? i'm breaking the bench record easy, then
    <3

TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGerberBaby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Because PLW is the authority on what's legitimate
    Kinda like USA doesn't recognize North Korea.

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheGerberBaby View Post
    Because PLW is the authority on what's legitimate
    Kinda like USA doesn't recognize North Korea.
    It's more the opposite conclusion, really. If plwatch doesn't even recognize it...seriously.
    314/231/352/881@123

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just wondering, are there specific singlets made for lifting or could somebody just use a wrestling singlet?
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
    Just wondering, are there specific singlets made for lifting or could somebody just use a wrestling singlet?
    Only rule I could think of is that the singlet legs cannot be in contact with knee sleeves or knee wraps.

Otherwise, as long as there's nothing that brings the sport into disrepute (USAPL rule) on the singlet, it's fine. I know there are some funny wrestling singlets out there. Make the judgment call.

It's more the opposite conclusion, really. If plwatch doesn't even recognize it...seriously.
    Brb, lifting in the Sunny Delight division.

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
    Years ago Powerlifting USA Magazine used to advertize Wrestling Singlets to be used in Powerlifting. I got an all black one and use it to this day.

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Years ago Powerlifting USA Magazine used to advertize Wrestling Singlets to be used in Powerlifting. I got an all black one and use it to this day.
    Fair enough. I have some old singlets back home from my wrestling days that I could probably put to good use come competition time. God knows when that'll be...
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    SLP doesn't require singlets.

*Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    SLP doesn't require singlets.

So in SLP you do a touch and go bench basically, it barely touched his chest and the referee was already saying bench. Nothing against touch and go in training but not in competition.

idc if it doesnt require singlets, i want one anyway for the future this meet is just to get me some experience in being in a controlled situation with a judge telling me what to do and crap, and the pressure of lots of ppl watching
    <3