edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Deadlift Experiment High Frequency

I'm 37 soon to be 38 currently deadlifting about 2x bodweight (I've been bouncing between 167-173 and my last PR was 335). I've been deadlifting every day or every other day schedule permitting for a 2 months or so now.

I've been keeping a journal at
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127736533

I just realized this forum was here yesterday so thought I would carbon on this side. My mid term goal is to deadlift 405 and my long term goal is get a 3x bodyweight deadlift at less than 200 pounds. So far I'm strapless, beltless, and chalkless.

Powersnatch to press 95 x 10 (20 presses)

Conventional Deadlifts
    135 x 10
    205 x 3
    255 x 2
    275 x 3
    285 x 1 x 10 PR

285 is 85% of my 1 RM. Reps 8-10 were disgustingly hard though I still kept some semblance of decent form. Tommorrow will probably be an off-day or a light day with a mid afternoon session.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In and subscribed. Deadlifting every day huh? 7 days a week?

And what is powersnatch to press? Do you snatch the weight and then bring it down before pressing it up again?

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good luck. i've been deadlifting 1.5 times per week for a few months with no adverse effect...in fact have been hitting pr's every time lately.

sometimes you hear of the cns havoc that frequent deads can cause. i'm wondering if it doesn't take alot more weight to do that though. biggest issue i see, for me, is lower back recovery.

hope your experiment works!

navycma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take it from your thread that deadlifts are a staple of many leg workouts? If so I hope to hear more about them as you progress. I will definitely build them into my plans.

I wish you the best of luck with reaching your 405 goal.

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by edwinb View Post
    I'm 37 soon to be 38 currently deadlifting about 2x bodweight (I've been bouncing between 167-173 and my last PR was 335). I've been deadlifting every day or every other day schedule permitting for a 2 months or so now.

IMO if your doing deads every day or even every other day you arent lifting anywhere near your potential and honestly I see no point in that ...

edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edwinb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

3 November 2010 , 305 x 1 x 7

Powersnatch to presses x 95 x (Bunch)

Conventional deadlifts

135 x 6
    185 x 3
    215 x 2
    245 x 2
    275 x 1
    305 x 1 x 7 PR!

Low volume but wanted to do some work at the upper range. 305 is 91% of my 1RM. Had a 5 minute break between a few of the 305 singles I just wanted to make sure I was ready for the next and everything was tight.

Heh I'm starting to feel cheesey remarking on some of these PR since the work from this point forward is probably all PR's unless I'm in the 80% range or volume range. I did feel stoked getting work in at >90% though.

Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    IMO if your doing deads every day or even every other day you arent lifting anywhere near your potential and honestly I see no point in that ...
    There may be some validity to this. I'm definitely not advocating lifting this way by any means.

Outside of the barbell I will tell you it has had excellent carryover to manual labor. I'm light-blue collar - I'm an environmental consultant. Someday's I'm behind the computer all day and others I'm out in the field providing oversight for asbestos or lead removal. Last week after I started my air samples and finished my notes I suited and masked up and hopped up on a roof and helped the workers remove the asbestos containing material. I was able to out work the 21 year old and almost most keep up with the Tongan kid.

When we went to load the asbestos bags into the container(some overweighted to about 70 pounds) I had no problems getting them up and over 5 1/2 feet into the can.

Again it may not be the best way to gain limit strength but its had great carryover into physical tasks. Thanks for taking a look at my journal !

Originally Posted by navycma View Post
    I take it from your thread that deadlifts are a staple of many leg workouts? If so I hope to hear more about them as you progress. I will definitely build them into my plans.

I wish you the best of luck with reaching your 405 goal.
    Mahalo!

I'm currently sans squat rack so deadlifts, powersnatches, powercleans, and overhead presses are pretty much all I'm doing. I feel it primarily in my posterior chain and can tell I've had some hypertrophy in my glutes and hamstrings, back and traps. I'm not taking in enough calories to pack on much weight but its not really a priorty at this time.

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There may be some validity to this. I'm definitely not advocating lifting this way by any means.

Outside of the barbell I will tell you it has had excellent carryover to manual labor. I'm light-blue collar - I'm an environmental consultant. Someday's I'm behind the computer all day and others I'm out in the field providing oversight for asbestos or lead removal. Last week after I started my air samples and finished my notes I suited and masked up and hopped up on a roof and helped the workers remove the asbestos containing material. I was able to out work the 21 year old and almost most keep up with the Tongan kid.

When we went to load the asbestos bags into the container(some overweighted to about 70 pounds) I had no problems getting them up and over 5 1/2 feet into the can.

Again it may not be the best way to gain limit strength but its had great carryover into physical tasks. Thanks for taking a look at my journal !

deleted my post ..... good luck in whatever the hell it is your tryin to do. IMO check out the deadlift comp thread in the main ov35 and read through it , lots of good advice in there.
    Last edited by *STEVE*; 11-04-2010 at 12:13 AM.

4 November 2010 High Volume

Decided to get the blood flowing.

Conventional Deadlifts
    135 x 25
    185 x 15
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10

Felt the Chicken curry coming up on the last set so called it a night. Took just enough break between sets to breathe normally and went back at it. Back and legs feel really good about 30 minutes after I finished so I guess I need it.
    My high frequency deadlift experiment log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127736533

WHat crap you love attention, you have like hundreds of handsome pictures in your bodyspace and you like to not wear pants if the weather permits it! IL <3 MM

Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    deleted my post ..... good luck in whatever the hell it is your tryin to do. IMO check out the deadlift comp thread in the main ov35 and read through it , lots of good advice in there.
    Thanks brother I'm going to see this through for a few more months, and then some time after my wedding in December join up at the local Oowerhouse (closest decent gym to me in Honolulu) and go to a more normal balanced program.

WHat crap you love attention, you have like hundreds of handsome pictures in your bodyspace and you like to not wear pants if the weather permits it! IL <3 MM

Quick updates here I'm keeping this log a bit terser. I pulled up 355 was a grinder but not hitchy. Last night I hit 325 for 9 singles. My hands are a bit beat but high frequency isn't killing me yet.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Quick updates here I'm keeping this log a bit terser. I pulled up 355 was a grinder but not hitchy. Last night I hit 325 for 9 singles. My hands are a bit beat but high frequency isn't killing me yet.
    Nice man, glad to hear you're still making progress with high frequency.

Hit a clean 365 on Monday 13-Dec-2010. Took me three tries, first one my set up was bunk and it didn't want to budge, 2nd one died at my knees and it didn't feel like a good candidate for grinding. 3rd one came up to knees fast so ground it up Hopefully I'm still on track for 405 before March 2011.

Hit a clean 365 on Monday 13-Dec-2010. Took me three tries, first one my set up was bunk and it didn't want to budge, 2nd one died at my knees and it didn't feel like a good candidate for grinding. 3rd one came up to knees fast so ground it up Hopefully I'm still on track for 405 before March 2011.
    Nice job man! You still keeping the frequency high are have you backed off a bit?

I'm really digging the 5/3/1 program so far. Wrapping up the first month with a deload next week before upping the weights and starting again.

Wednesday I pulled 275 x 10 as my final set with what I believe to be near perfect form. It won't be until early spring that I pull 405 but I'm ok with that now.

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Nice job man! You still keeping the frequency high are have you backed off a bit?

I'm really digging the 5/3/1 program so far. Wrapping up the first month with a deload next week before upping the weights and starting again.

Wednesday I pulled 275 x 10 as my final set with what I believe to be near perfect form. It won't be until early spring that I pull 405 but I'm ok with that now.
    I am still high frequency, deadlifted 4 times this week. Probably laying off a day or two I played in a kickball tournament with my brother in laws team and while my mind thought I was good for some diving catches body is disagreeing.

Sounds like you are getting some mileage out of 5/3/1. At some point are you going to open your log back up?