CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Denatured Whey and Keto

Just a quick ?..

I am in a bad spot today with money (day b4 payday, always the worst) and have run out of protein to eat for the day. Only thing I have is whey. I was wondering if anyone who has cooked/microwaved it and added some sort of fat, had ever been kicked out of keto?

I'm coming off a carb-up from yesterday so I don't want to prolong the transition at all. I just want to get a decent amount of protein in since today was also a lift day for me...
    10/1/14 - Currently cutting until I reach a single digit body fat level.
    Never stop pursuing your goals and believing in your dream.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, I've made keto muffins from it. No problems.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CubeBreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Yes, I've made keto muffins from it. No problems.
    Thanks Eileen. Repped

(As if you need my measly 3 points.. lol)
    10/1/14 - Currently cutting until I reach a single digit body fat level.
    Never stop pursuing your goals and believing in your dream.

GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alot of us microwave regularly. though if you consult nutritionists/naturopaths/etc they will advise to stay away as much as possible, since your 'NUKE-ing" your food, potentially eliminates a significant amount of nutrition and denature proteins (rendering it not efficient digestable protein)

if you think about it, one of the safest ways to cook/heat is on the stove, even then a majority of the nutritional value in vegies are destroyed. think about what a microwave does...

i havent looked up studies/articles/journals on this concept, but through professional advise, ive slowly changed micro-waving habits

food feels alot cleaner (not as tasty) and fresh and it just makes sense not to "NUKE" nutritionally rich fods
    Mind over Matter

gwen88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GavinT View Post
    alot of us microwave regularly. though if you consult nutritionists/naturopaths/etc they will advise to stay away as much as possible, since your 'NUKE-ing" your food, potentially eliminates a significant amount of nutrition and denature proteins (rendering it not efficient digestable protein)

if you think about it, one of the safest ways to cook/heat is on the stove, even then a majority of the nutritional value in vegies are destroyed. think about what a microwave does...

i havent looked up studies/articles/journals on this concept, but through professional advise, ive slowly changed micro-waving habits

food feels alot cleaner (not as tasty) and fresh and it just makes sense not to "NUKE" nutritionally rich fods
    But let's say you cook most of your foods in bulk via stove, oven, slow-cooker, etc...
    And then you merely use the microwave oven to reheat the already cooked foods for maybe 1-1.5 minutes - Will that really destroy the nutrients and/ or protein value of the meats?

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gwen88 View Post
    But let's say you cook most of your foods in bulk via stove, oven, slow-cooker, etc...
    And then you merely use the microwave oven to reheat the already cooked foods for maybe 1-1.5 minutes - Will that really destroy the nutrients and/ or protein value of the meats?
    nope... your fine... your stomach denatures the protein anyway
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do reheat coffee and leftovers, but for things like muffins, I cook them conventionally. My microwave had a conventional fan oven in it as well, which is dead handy for doing something like a one person batch of keto muffins.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Ok

Originally Posted by GavinT View Post

You are right not to nuke your food but not for the fact of denaturing protein. I tell you what if someone can tell me how denatured protein is'nt good for you or isn't nutritious I will send them a 100$ check . NO JOKE. And I want sources and specifics. I'm pretty sure you won't since your stomach denatures protein in order to break it down for the amino acids and amino acid groups.

alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The vitamins and benefits in vegetables get destroyed when microwaved. That is more clearly known that what happens for protein. I'll microwave meat if I have to, but I'll try to avoid microwaving veggies since I know it's just like eating hollow food cause the nutrients have been destroyed.
    "OddLawnGnome: Edit: and one further question, how soon after eating post workout should I drink water? I don't want to accidentally flush all of the protein and such I just ate out of my system."

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dimber View Post
    You are right not to nuke your food but not for the fact of denaturing protein. I tell you what if someone can tell me how denatured protein is'nt good for you or isn't nutritious I will send them a 100$ check . NO JOKE. And I want sources and specifics. I'm pretty sure you won't since your stomach denatures protein in order to break it down for the amino acids and amino acid groups.
    oh goodness... thank you!

i love it when people tell me i shouldn't cook food because it denatures protein.. as if the enormous protein molecule will just be absorbed as it is and just plugged in somewhere like my body is playing with legos. phuckin noobs