SirReveller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Hoist (V3) vs. Torque (TQ5)

I'm looking for some knowledgeable feedback to help me choose between these two home gyms. Since this is my first home gym purchase ever, I have little more than the respective sales reps' completely biased opinions to go on (each machine is at a different store).

Hoist V3 - ($2199.99 CAD)

apparently the lateral arms work all the smaller muscles and this is a patented innovation only available from Hoist

Torque TQ5 - ($2648 CAD)

to the above, the rep said the tethered-handles on this puppy basically do the same thing with the smaller muscles, and also made a big deal about the "talent" at Life fitness leaving to found Torque a few years ago.

Aside from the price difference (both are pre-negotiating), any insights on either or both models would be welcome!

PS: In both companies' cases, moving further up the model lines got into too complex machines RE: the intended, basic home gym use.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is there a particular reason that you want a multi-gym? (instead of a free weight set up?)

Do you already have free weights and this will supplement that?
    I think your money could be better spent on some other stuff, personally, even if you already have a free weight set up. Not that these are necessarily bad products, just not the best choice, in my own opinion of course, for a home gym. This is a LOT of money to spend on any one product.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    like buffbrown said,

i would rather prefer a free weight setup

but as a fitness equipement seller, if it is for the everyday joe
    i would go with torque instead of hoist!

but for the price you are willing to pay, there is a lot of competition and combo possible

we have hoist m1-m2-m3-m4: verdict: m-2 or m-3 but it is costly
    torque, f5 is cool, tq-3,tq-5 and tq-9 too
    both brand are quality, well build and good looking
    but i have found they lack in adjustment, if your are buying it for you and your wife ( exemple) both do tests

my recommendation is : shop around if its not already done
    i have a crush on EUROSPORT EUROTEC 1860 AND ULTIMLY 2060 multistation
    beside the blue color, they are very solid, very linear exercise and full adjustable

my 0.02
    light weight baby

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I think the biggest drawback of either system is the fixed weight stack. Once you outgrow it, it becomes an anchor in the corner of the basement. I see a lot of these type of systems for sale on Craigslist.

For a multi-gym, you might want to look into a Powertec plate-loaded system since you'll likely be able to add more weight and the olympic plates (sold separately) will be useful for other free-weight equipment.

My honest advice, however, would be to strongly consider just buying a power rack, incline-decline bench, and barbell set. You'll have much greater versatility and it's nearly impossible to outgrow. Cheaper, too.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

SirReveller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys- thanks for your thoughts.

So far we have one Torque vote and two free weight votes haha. To get more specific, this is my old man's setup and I petitioned for a classic bench + free weight stand from the start but was overruled, even though this looks way more bad-ass and is just as good (and cheaper) than a home-gym. Reason? He has weakened legs due to a bout with polio and would prefer a seated position in a machine. As well, apparently it's easier to wrench something when using free weights. Either way he's cutting the cheque. I will be sure to get the weight add-ons to put off the eventuality of outgrowing the machine.

Any further insights are welcome!

(Eurosport looks cool BTW but these two machines are the "finalists" so to speak, to be included along with a treadmill etc in an all-in deal at one store or the other)

remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you paid, you decide :P

the treadmill zone is quiet concurential!

there is a lot of brand out there but there is also a lot of s-hit product
    be sure to test a least 10 minute the treadmill , no joke, if the seller dont want, walk away and find another seller!
    you can go to
    treadmilldoctor and fitnessprofessor

we sold bodyguard treadmild, no folding = best value and it will get tru the years easily

they have the best warrantly on the market you may chek these out
    t-240 or nothing, t-280c if the fund goes you wont regret the 60 inch platform

if any question i will be happy to answer you with the best english i can hehe
    light weight baby

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Of those two I would also go for the TQ5. Much more versatility with the cable system it has.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post
    Hey guys- thanks for your thoughts.

So far we have one Torque vote and two free weight votes haha. To get more specific, this is my old man's setup and I petitioned for a classic bench + free weight stand from the start but was overruled, even though this looks way more bad-ass and is just as good (and cheaper) than a home-gym. Reason? He has weakened legs due to a bout with polio and would prefer a seated position in a machine. As well, apparently it's easier to wrench something when using free weights. Either way he's cutting the cheque. I will be sure to get the weight add-ons to put off the eventuality of outgrowing the machine.

Any further insights are welcome!

(Eurosport looks cool BTW but these two machines are the "finalists" so to speak, to be included along with a treadmill etc in an all-in deal at one store or the other)
    I see. This makes more sense then. I wont vote for now, let me research them a little bit.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com