Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

LeDrew reviews P-Bol

I'll post up some thoughts here and possibly in a log (unsponsored) soon. I also intend to give a couple samples to a buddy and see what he thinks. I'm only recently getting back into the weight room so I will take awhile to build myself back up.

So far I really like the taste... it is tart which I always seem to like in supps. That may or may not be what others like. My GF for instance found it too tart, but I think that can easily be helped with more water. It was among my tops in taste of all pre-workouts I have tried that I thought had a good formula. I did have a very good 1st workout, but my 2nd was lackluster largely because I was so sore from the previous workout.

kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very interested in your thoughts Peter!

Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Some early P-Bol notes, info, etc...

Ok, I gotta get my 1st weight workout quickie notes in here: Chest and Back workout. I am just warming up to the weights so nothing groundbreaking here with regards to PR's and lifting gains. I am most def. weaker than I have been before all this endurance stuff took hold. I am down at least 30lbs in body weight, but hey I am freakin' lean now.

Taste: Great! 9.5-10/10 easy for me. I love citrus and this nails it with a tart aspect I have always enjoyed... it comes from the high levels of malate/malic acid that is great as a masking ingredient and works to assist with energy production in muscles via the TCA cycle amongst other benefits. There's plenty of malic acid in P-Bol. With the complexity of most pre-workouts nowadays, not all products tend to taste like a tart tang... this one is darn close.

PUMp!: The now infamous 8hr pump. Well I believe this marketing is based around the half life of nitrates and has been discussed on the forum previously. I did have a solid pump working these two large muscle groups. Honestly, I can't say it was more than usual as I am just getting back into the weights after a long endurance training regimen. The pump was noticeable and veins became more prominent so pump was not a failure regardless. I will hope to keep a close check on this pump issue as everyone seems to be obsessed with it.

Performance: Kinda wish I could test this out full force in race season. I believe it might be a leader for me in the pre-workout arena for endurance and more... Maybe later on I can do some testing in relation to running or spinning. I got my bb.com order just before I ran a 2km race though and I got 3rd in 7 1/2mins in a cross coutry hilly course. I took 1.5 scoops 45mins or so before the race. Again, no fail here either. I was 3rd behind two much better, experienced and much lighter runners. Amongst a number of things, nitrates appear to assist in oxygen delivery esp. under extremely challenging conditions.

This might be an interesting read for those unaware or skeptical of such claims: Also safety issues are addressed.
    Sports nutrition: is dietary nitrate the key to enhanced endurance performance?
    http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/spor...formance-41930

Summary
    In the world of sports science, it’s all too easy to become caught up in the marketing hype of sports performance drinks and supplements and forget the dietary basics. Should these findings on nitrate be confirmed by further studies (and there’s no reason to doubt they will), the implications and benefits for endurance athletes are potentially very significant.

Oh and P-Bol comes with a little orange container to take it on the road with you. I guess 3-4 scoops would fit inside there.
    Last edited by Peter LeDrew; 10-30-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Thumbs up

Sipping on some right now. 2 scoops pre-workout with just over 500ml water. Very nice. No after taste whatsoever and it mixes very good.

uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anxious to read your comments on this, peter

Originally Posted by uforce View Post
    anxious to read your comments on this, peter
    Cool. Thanks! I am simply going to move my P-Bol commentary over to my unsponsored log. I had a great workout today: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=128718631