RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fat friend says fat will turn into muscle... even "fit" guys have told him. true?

I know i'm no expert, but isn't that wrong? He doesn't want to lift heavy weights, and he especially doesn't want his overweight girlfriend to lift weights because he's afraid she's gonna look like hulk. He told me guys with six packs and physically fit dudes at the gym have told him not to lift heavy and just do high reps and cardio to lose fat. I've told him he needs to start counting his calories, but he just eyeballs everything.

I keep telling him it's all about calories in vs calories out when it comes to burning fat and building muscle. His fat arms aren't going to all be replaced with muscle and neither are his girlfriends arms. They drink every weekend... and heavily.

So, back to the topic. My fat friend says fat will turn into muscle and several guys at the gym have told him that... is this true? I keep telling him that's wrong... i've never seen these dudes. He probably just heard that from one or two of his friends.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RazorMamon View Post
    I know i'm no expert, but isn't that wrong? He doesn't want to lift heavy weights, and he especially doesn't want his overweight girlfriend to lift weights because he's afraid she's gonna look like hulk. He told me guys with six packs and physically fit dudes at the gym have told him not to lift heavy and just do high reps and cardio to lose fat. I've told him he needs to start counting his calories, but he just eyeballs everything.

I keep telling him it's all about calories in vs calories out when it comes to burning fat and building muscle. His fat arms aren't going to all be replaced with muscle and neither are his girlfriends arms. They drink every weekend... and heavily.

So, back to the topic. My fat friend says fat will turn into muscle and several guys at the gym have told him that... is this true? I keep telling him that's wrong... i've never seen these dudes. He probably just heard that from one or two of his friends.
    Your friend's friends are idiots.

Plain an simple.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

No you can lose fat or gain muscle and under rare circumstances do both but at no point does fat transform into muscle.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

mauiLivin808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldnt be friends with someone that stupid.

SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100) SSGI is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Your friend's friends are idiots.

Plain an simple.
    thread should be locked and ended right here
    In the Red!!!!!!

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mauiLivin808 View Post
    I wouldnt be friends with someone that stupid.

Or locked after this one
    Currently cutting

WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WetCoaster is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stupidity at it's finest.

I really don't understand with all the information available online now how people can be so stupid.

RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RazorMamon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I told him that's not how the human body works. He asks, "have there been studies to prove this?" Why am i even friends with this guy? He also doesn't believe you can tone up and lose weight by lifting heavy. He thinks he's gonna get bigger... I'm so phucking sure.

matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I told him that's not how the human body works. He asks, "have there been studies to prove this?" Why am i even friends with this guy? He also doesn't believe you can tone up and lose weight by lifting heavy. He thinks he's gonna get bigger... I'm so phucking sure.
    Ask him if there's any studies that fat can turn into muscle. Lmfao.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fat cannot be turned into muscle, in cases of undertrained or severely fat individuals it can free up the energy requirement to create muscle for a short time but it's not a huge amount.

Nor will his girlfriend turn into the hulk, it's extremely hard for women to build muscle and they are looking at like 25lbs of muscle after 4-5 years of training which is not nearly enough to look "huge".
    The only women that looks hulk'ish are those that are on PED's, a natural woman will never look big or massively muscly.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911