J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Kinda new to lifting. Any advice?

Alright everyone, I just registered to this website because it seems like a great place. Prepare for a semi-long post of questions because I'm new to stuff. So here goes my story:

My name is Tom. I'm 16 years old and am from West Virginia. Currently I am around 5'10" and 173 lbs. My max bench is around 185ish. I'm not a guy you would call "toned" or "ripped" or any of those terms by any means. For the past couple years, I've tried to work out more than I used to and tried to live more healthy. Most of my life I've been a little on the heavier and weaker side. During the summer of 09', I started working out more and lifting. I started on P90X and was being consistent with it until vacation had came around. I was using creatine and protein at the time. I could tell a difference and got a little stronger from the little amount of time I did the program. When I came back from that summer and went into 10th grade, I had gym class. That class had me running and got me into shape. Talking to the guys in my class, I figured out they worked out at the Y. I started going with them but I felt so small and weak compared to them. After that, I started being a "loner" and running ALL the time. Once winter hit, I was running usually 2-3 miles per day and always 1 mile at least. I had no job at the time and was free to do as I pleased. I kept running and rarely lifted during that time. During the spring of '10 I got a job which I still have and it consumes 3-4 days of my time. I tried to keep running and stuff during that which I did well with. I then figured out my cousin that is a policeman went to the Y every morning. So, during the summer I started meeting him and I enjoyed it a lot because he understood that I wasn't that strong and he gave me a lot of motivation. Well, the end of summer rolled around and it sucks now. I worked out in the mornings during the summer and whenever I worked my job it was usually in the evenings. I was consistently going up there and lifting more instead of running. Now that school is back in, I can't do that because I have work at 4 o' clock 3-4 days per week. I have stopped going up there because I haven't found time. I got a good bit stronger over the summer, but for the past few weeks I haven't done anything at all except run occasionally. I've lost muscle and feel like I'm starting to gain fat again even though I still watch what I eat. I can't do P90X because it is a daily thing and I don't have the time. I've realized I need to have at least 1 cardio day per week and lift around 3-4 days per week. I'm wanting to start lifting at my house in my basement and buy some equipment. I want an Olympic style bench and a curl bar. Some recommendations of those would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I'm a high school kid and don't have much money. I'm wanting to have a good routine as well. I'd like to get more toned and look strong than be strong and then get strength later on. Does that make any sense? I want to look big and feel big. I know it will take time and dedication and I'm willing to do that. I want to keep it as natural as possible. Mostly free weights and very few supplements. I have Jack3d and I sorta want to stop using it. I have some Optimum Gold 100% Whey that I will continue to use. So, the main questions of this is: what's a good routine for toning and muscle for around 3 days per week with no machines, should I stick with the supplements I'm using, what kind of bench should I buy? I'm just tired of being smaller than people and people messing with me. I don't like being picked on. I'm the guy that laughs everything off and I think that's why people mess with me because they think it doesn't hurt. Anyways, I hope you all can help me. This seems like a nice community.

Thanks, Tom.

EDIT: I found a workout called Ryan's 3-day Split Routine for Definition. Would this work well for me?

SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try rippitoes starting strength, i hav a friend who went on it, he still dosent look very big but at the gym he shows up guys who are littarally like twice his size.
    u cant only take suppliments to get big, they help. alot. if u know how to take them. BUT ITS CALLED RED MEAT SON!!!

CANADA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!! ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT NEEDS TO GO LIVE IN THE BUSH UP IN NORTHERN ALBERTA FOR A WEEK OR TWO!!!!!

foreveralone crew

J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) J1nx93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That one looks alright. Anybody got any more tips? I thought I'd get a better response than this.....

SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    does ur school not hav a weight room? my schools weight room is better than the Y and only cost 40 bucks a year. if not then the Y would still be ur best choice, i hav friends with a "home gym" and they don't seem to get very big, i dont know wut its like down there but up here in Canada weights cost about 2bucks a pound. so a home gym is really impractical, my dad has one in the basement but he has building it up his entire life. for a good bench, my dads got a Weider bench, u can do leg curls, leg extentions, flat bench press, incline bench press, and weighted dips on it, i think he paid about 200 bucks. if ur stuck on a home gym check out garage sales and thrift shops like vallue village or good will or wut ever u got down there, we've actually gotten bench press bar, and 4 25lb plates, all for 15 bucks at a goodwill store.

sorry cant help very much never been a fan of home gyms
    u cant only take suppliments to get big, they help. alot. if u know how to take them. BUT ITS CALLED RED MEAT SON!!!

CANADA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!! ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT NEEDS TO GO LIVE IN THE BUSH UP IN NORTHERN ALBERTA FOR A WEEK OR TWO!!!!!

foreveralone crew

My school has a weight room but it's all football players that lift mostly and I KNOW they are gonna talk constant crap about me being weaker.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SchlachtMan View Post
    try rippitoes starting strength, i hav a friend who went on it, he still dosent look very big but at the gym he shows up guys who are littarally like twice his size.
    I'm that kid!

And do rippetoe's starting strength for a few months then go on a cut, you'll be more "toned" then you could be with a "toning" workout (toned is just low bodyfat with muscle)
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by J1nx93 View Post
    My school has a weight room but it's all football players that lift mostly and I KNOW they are gonna talk constant crap about me being weaker.
    Just ignore them. Rippetoe's SS puts your squat up 15lbs a week minimum. In a month your squat will be up at least 60lbs.
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idk1010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check out craigslist, it shouldn't be too hard to find a bench with olympic barbell, and about 200 lbs of olympic weights for under $250. They will be used but they still weigh the same and have the same effect on you. Just make sure you get a Olympic set though.

MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyoFit23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    try 4 day upper lower split routines

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    starting strength, and 4000+ calories. In a few months or so, people won't be picking on you

ignore them football players man, i played football last year and they rip on me all the time about being a sissy cause i aint playin this year( i tore my ACL last season and just had surgery in july) so i just go show them up at bench or somethin of that nature and they shut up. anyways it gets pretty easy to ignore them, also them rappin on u while ur pressin helps u lern to concentrate on ur workout more, which seems to help u be able to push more weight around, at least in my opinion.

foreveralone crew

Sorry I haven't responded guys. I thought it'd email me if I got a response. Thanks for the answers. I ended up buying an Olympic bench and curl bar and weights and stuff for my basement. The problem is, my work schedule is always different and I never could have consistent evenings of lifting. I could lift in the AM but it'd only be for around an hour because I'm not getting up earlier than 5 AM. Should I just work one body part every morning? I'd appreciate it greatly if someone gave me somewhat of a routine to get big on. I can't stay consistent in the evenings and can't have it longer than an hour in the mornings. Thanks for any help possible.

CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CatTheTrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    starting strength, and 4000+ calories. In a few months or so, people won't be picking on you
    i still pick on you....you dont even curl pussy!
    "YEA BUDDEY!!!!"

Bench: 375
    Squat: 515
    Deadlift: 545

1400lbs Club BABEHH!!

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CatTheTrainer View Post
    i still pick on you....you dont even curl pussy!
    You just wont stop with these stereotypes, will you? You started out by saying that bodybuilders have eating disorders, and that powerlifters are fat, but now this?! I don't even know what to say to you, but I can start out by saying that just because someone has juiced once or twice does NOT mean that you should be disqualiufied from any non-drug tested fed. You should be ashamed of yourself for making that assumption in that post. You also siad that you only lost because you were using a 32 millimeter bar, and I can tell you now, that using a 29 mm bar would not have made a 50-lb difference on your deadlift, so stop complaining. If you keep typing these ignorant, close-minded, bigoted, stereotypical posts, I will add you to my ignore list. GOOD DAY SIR

You just wont stop with these stereotypes, will you? You started out by saying that bodybuilders have eating disorders, and that powerlifters are fat, but now this?! I don't even know what to say to you, but I can start out by saying that just because someone has juiced once or twice does NOT mean that you should be disqualiufied from any non-drug tested fed. You should be ashamed of yourself for making that assumption in that post. You also siad that you only lost because you were using a 32 millimeter bar, and I can tell you now, that using a 29 mm bar would not have made a 50-lb difference on your deadlift, so stop complaining. If you keep typing these ignorant, close-minded, bigoted, stereotypical posts, I will add you to my ignore list. GOOD DAY SIR
    You just verbally raped him, good job.

You just verbally raped him, good job.

agreed^^

foreveralone crew

Originally Posted by SchlachtMan View Post
    agreed^^
    I think I might go with Ripptoes SS. I think I might do rows instead of cleans like it says because I don't want to do them improperly. Oh, and would the new Mesomorph Monster Stack be good supplements for me?

I took the test and I'm a mesomorph

Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Niccco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting strength is the way to go.

So, what do you all think about the stack I just mentioned?

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude, don't give a **** about what they may or may not say. anyway, like 90% of the football players at my high were weak as **** so they couldnt really talk smack even if they wanted to
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Registered User wanttogetbig123's Avatar
    wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    nice first post crying about you being a pussy lmfao. grow a ****ing pair.

Originally Posted by wanttogetbig123 View Post
    nice first post crying about you being a pussy lmfao. grow a ****ing pair.
    Why don't you grow a pair mother****er and get your cocky head out of your ass and not be such a prick.

Registered User wanttogetbig123's Avatar
    wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wanttogetbig123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Why don't you grow a pair mother****er and get your cocky head out of your ass and not be such a prick.
    lol look at u. i get picked on irl but i can give **** on the net. how about you ****ing grow a pair irl. doesn't even matter hwo big you are if you're over 160 you can still not get pushed around.

****ing *******.

Originally Posted by wanttogetbig123 View Post
    lol look at u. i get picked on irl but i can give **** on the net. how about you ****ing grow a pair irl. doesn't even matter hwo big you are if you're over 160 you can still not get pushed around.

****ing *******.
    Well try living here you dumb son of a bitch. Everyone is around the 200 lb area at LEAST. You'd get your ass whipped. Instead of calling people pussies on the internet why don't you grow a pair and talk **** in life you tard.