ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100)

getting lean suggestions

so i want to get lean and have muscle definition and abs. i got some extra body fat on me but slowly gettin it off. i workout everyday and do 30 minutes on the bike in the gym everyday after workout. each day i workout a different part. monday: biceps tues:triceps Wed: legs thursday shoulders friday: off saturday: chest sunday:back. on those days after workout i do the bike for 30 minutes. i eat clean and take in 1g/lb of protein and creatine. is this a good way to get lean and get somewhat bigger muscles? or what should i do

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    -Eat less

-Move around more

-Lift weights

-Eat protein

JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ekbviz View Post
    so i want to get lean and have muscle definition and abs. i got some extra body fat on me but slowly gettin it off. i workout everyday and do 30 minutes on the bike in the gym everyday after workout. each day i workout a different part. monday: biceps tues:triceps Wed: legs thursday shoulders friday: off saturday: chest sunday:back. on those days after workout i do the bike for 30 minutes. i eat clean and take in 1g/lb of protein and creatine. is this a good way to get lean and get somewhat bigger muscles? or what should i do
    I actually stopped doing cardio completely and starting losing more weight.

I stepped my intensity up big time while lifting though. How long have you been doing your current routine? If its been awhile and you aren't seeing the gains you think you should then I'd look at going to a push/pull split or maybe even look at doing a full body 3 days a week?

The only problem I have with one body part per day is you're waiting a week between working that muscle out again and if you only do one body part you'll be done with your workout in 20 minutes lol

ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100) ekbviz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JustinT24 View Post
    I actually stopped doing cardio completely and starting losing more weight.

I stepped my intensity up big time while lifting though. How long have you been doing your current routine? If its been awhile and you aren't seeing the gains you think you should then I'd look at going to a push/pull split or maybe even look at doing a full body 3 days a week?

The only problem I have with one body part per day is you're waiting a week between working that muscle out again and if you only do one body part you'll be done with your workout in 20 minutes lol
    well i used to do splits like that, but see when i did triceps and chest in same day, my triceps limited chest workout,, same with biceps and back. usually when i do my current routine it takes me around 40 mins and i hit that particular muslce very hard. then i do abs for 20 mins and cardio for 30. i go after work at 9pm so cant spend 3 hours there.

i was just wondering because people say you lose muscle when you try to get lean. but if i hit muscles hard and eat 1g/lb of protein i should be good

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Generally, yes^
    Impossible to tell though, do you have pics? what's your current pro/cho/fat? what is your training like (intensity, volume)? your results will depend a lot more on your individual metabolism and daily habits.
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Originally Posted by ConLaV View Post
    Generally, yes^
    Impossible to tell though, do you have pics? what's your current pro/cho/fat? what is your training like (intensity, volume)? your results will depend a lot more on your individual metabolism and daily habits.
    im not like mad fat. i can kinda see my upper abs, and i have pecs but some fat on those i wanna get rid off. my metabolism isnt the best since im out from home from 8 am to 11 pm. kinda hard to eat 6 meals a day. i do average of 10-15 sets per muscle group. basically sweat my ass off. i have lost a lot of fat seeing i got to the point where i see veins in my forearms and biceps

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's great, I'd say you need to work on getting your meals in...plan ahead, this will make a huge difference. It's worth the time/sacrifice.
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ekbviz View Post
    im not like mad fat. i can kinda see my upper abs, and i have pecs but some fat on those i wanna get rid off. my metabolism isnt the best since im out from home from 8 am to 11 pm. kinda hard to eat 6 meals a day. i do average of 10-15 sets per muscle group. basically sweat my ass off. i have lost a lot of fat seeing i got to the point where i see veins in my forearms and biceps
    It's as simple as cutting kcals by cutting carbs to get somewhere below maintenance where you can still lift functionally and consistantly sticking to it over time.

+ The advice above by ConLav. Certainly a better source on leanness than I am.

Originally Posted by ConLaV View Post
    That's great, I'd say you need to work on getting your meals in...plan ahead, this will make a huge difference. It's worth the time/sacrifice.
    well i eat 4-5 meals a day. still better then 1-2 meals that i used to eat daily. gettin there slowly