xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHDx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Meditation - What Can It Do?

I've been looking into meditation, and the benefits from meditating for a few minutes every day. So far, after looking in several fitness magazines, websites, and blogs here is what I have found. This took me a while to type up, so please bear with me.

What is Meditation?
    Meditation calms you down, and makes you more relaxed. Meditation is taken up in a number of forms or practices. Religions that meditate usually have their own position they meditate in. Religions such as Buddhists, Hindus, Islam, and Christians all have their own form of meditation. Choosing your own type of meditation is up to you, all benefit you in some way. Meditation can help getting your central nervous system back to normal. It also can help with just a better performance throughout the day by starting off your day relaxed with no problems in mind.

Benefits of Meditation:
    -Relaxing
    -Time to Reflect
    -Refuels your Central Nervous System
    -Improves your body's general health.

How Can I Meditate?
    A few different ways you can mediate are yoga, simply sitting down in a quiet peaceful spot and practice breathing in a slow, controlled manner. Whatever works for you, after all this is a personal experience.

I'm not religious, I don't want to meditate.
    You don't have to be religious to meditate. Like I said previously, meditation is just relaxing and giving yourself time to 'refuel' yourself. You see many martial artists doing meditation before fights just because it relaxes and calms you down.

Surround Yourself with a Peaceful Environment
    When meditating, make sure your surroundings are not stressful, distracting, or uncomfortable. Put yourself in your bedroom or personal space that is quiet, private, and nobody will intrude. Also, if you feel the need to have something going on you might want to put in some peaceful music like nature sounds, calming bands or music, or you could hum. Get rid of stressful thoughts, "your mind often wanders toward the issues that stress you the most." (Men's Fitness Magazine, Brian Dalek)

I found this information very helpful, I have meditated for a few weeks now at least 4 times a week. I often times do this before I start off my day. I have noticed a benefit from sitting down and taking that extra time in your day to just recollect everything you have and just relax; something most people don't do.

I hope this helps!
    I used wikipedia, chacha, men's fitness magazine article: Live Well, Breathe...,
    healthandyoga.com/

dan12356 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the info. Finally I found a good article on meditation on this website.