Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 2731
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So a few things to update in here.

This past week I started going to back to my old gym and old workout schedule. I didn't get to crossfit once. So, I weighed myself last Monday, and since I am going out of town this week, I weighed in yesterday (Saturday). I lost 1.25 pounds. Nothing great. BUT, it got me under 230 AND my clothes were a tad looser. And this was after squatting and eating a smaller portion of Raising Canes for dinner on Friday (had to grab and go). So, I will take it. I liked being able to just get up and go to the gym. I know I didn't push myself as hard in the cardio department, or anywhere really, but I was able to go to the gym every day this week and had good energy levels all week. The diet was a lot better. Lots of salads for lunch. Basically, I was having 3 meals a day, but the first was just a scoop of syntha-6 protein shake. Lunch and Dinner were smaller than normal, but still decent size. This next week, I am out of town for fun, but we are actually doing some more physical stuff like walking/hiking at a park and playing golf. So, we shouldn't be just eating all the damn time like our usual out of town trips.

The other news is about the boy. OMG! He is sooooo stinking cute. He is older than me, but very handsome. We had dinner at his place on Wednesday night and the sparks were definitely there. He is in Law school, first semester, so he is slammed, so our schedules don't really match up too well, right now. But, we met again yesterday for a quick lunch at the park. It was nice. Let's put it this way. I am dying over here knowing I won't be seeing him until possibly Thursday night. That is a freaking eternity. Fingers crossed, pray to whomever, that this one works out at least for a long while. I feel like a giddy school girl. Of course, I gotta play it cool though ya know. Can't let him know I like him a lot. I am just going to enjoy the ride, no matter how long it lasts. Oh, and of course, added motivation to get in the gym and the kitchen to look svelte. hehe.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got back from out mini vacay yesterday. Managed to get to the gym to workout with Chris yesterday. Woke up this morning to go to the gym, decided to go ahead and weigh-in today instead of tomorrow. And…Viola! down 4 pounds. Yes, you read that right. One week, and a vacay week at that. While on vacay I made a diligent effort to eat less, push food away and not chow down on breads and chips. I didn't workout too much, except some golf, a small hike and a treadmill run at the hotel. But, apparently, it all worked. Super excited for this week. It's a lot easier when you are seeing results. WOOT WOOT!!!
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DOing the super happy dance!! Way to go MMA!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job MMA!! Oh and with da boy, smack dat ass, bow chica wow wow!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Ok, so boys are confusing. I think he likes me, he says things to make me thing he likes me, but doesn't DO things to make me thinks he likes me. Ugh. Oh well, only time will tell with this one. Supposed to go see Alabama in concert on Sunday. That's about how long he gets before I bluntly ask if he wants to actually date me, or just hang out. But, I'm lining others up in the meantime.

Confidence, for some reason, is on the rise, all the way around.

Looking forward to a good week of workouts and eating. Not set diet plan, just eating when I'm hungry, but eating less at those meals. This week is TOM, so if I can just stay at 225.75 I will be happy with that this week.

Today was a quick shoulder workout and stair master. I swear, I ****ing hate that I love that thing. It surely hates me.

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Boy suck. I mean they really do! LOL! Stick to it!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Whoa! 10 days since I last posted in here. Unacceptable. So, moved on from the boy. He flaked, too busy with law school or something like that. Oh well.

Started couch to 10k program this week. Gotta admit I hate that much running. And honestly, not sure if my right hip/tendons are going to let me do that much. The program calls for doing it 3x week. I may have to cut it back to 2x week and just extend out the program. Whole reason I am doing that program is that I signed up for an adventure race already, and plan on signing up for another one when registration opens. Both are in the spring, and both have the following disciplines (distances are close, but approximate):

5k paddle in a kayak of some sort
    10k trail run
    15k mountain bike

Both races have smaller obstacle throughout and one of them requires you to use navigational skills and orienteering. I'm looking forward to finally doing an adventure race. Not only do I want to complete the race, I want to put my best effort into it, hence why I am starting to "train" now. Not really sure how to train for something like that, except the endurance is going to be the big factor.

Still eating conservatively. Other than my hip nagging me, I feel pretty good.

Wow. Even longer between posts this time. Unacceptable. I am working on fixing that. I am revising and revamping my goals/plans for the next year. I just saw that Kris Gethin is putting out a new 12-week trainer. I did his first one and had huge success with weight loss. The best part of that first plan was that every day every video and every workout was different. The other plans on here are nice and all, but you know me and my ADHD when it comes to workouts. So, on the 9th when it opens up, we will see.

btw, Boys suck! lol.

Boys do suck! And why you no log a workout when you come by. Do you even lift?? LOL! Not srs!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Boys do suck! And why you no log a workout when you come by. Do you even lift?? LOL! Not srs!
    lol, no, you are right. I'm not sure I even lift anymore. haha. Gotta fix that and soon.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MMA, we need more squats and DL up in here! Glad things are going pretty well, except for boys being stupid haha.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

So, today I have decided to actually post a workout in here. lol. No real structure to it, just got into the gym and did sh!t.

5 minute warmup

10 minute run - random hill incline at 5.0 pace

1st round barbell complex - just the bar

5 hang clean shrugs
    5 hang power cleans
    5 push press
    5 RDL
    5 snatch balance

30 seconds ropes
    10 tire flips
    10 sledgehammers each side

rested maybe 1-2 minutes then did

2nd round-75lbs

4 hang clean pulls
    4 hang power cleans
    4 push press
    4 RDL
    2 snatch balance - my everything wasn't liking this move

30 seconds rope work
    10 tire flips
    10 sledgehammer each side

rested 1-2 minutes then

2 rounds of

90lb stone carry (basically took 2 45lb rubber plates and held them on my chest) - approximately 50 yard walk
    20 lying leg raises with hip raise - 10 regular, 5 each side

I was sweating pretty good. my lower back (same area as always) has been nagging me for a couple of weeks now. My knees are also a bit achy lately, so my squats were not very good. I'm going to have to look into that more closely.

Starting Monday, I am going to to Marc Megna's AMP program. I hadn't really looked at the program before, simply because I don't like the way he looks (looks kind of douchey). But, apparently, I was way wrong, and he is a really nice guy (from what people say). So, that's my fault. Stupid reason. Regardless, I took a look at the program and the workouts vary daily so that's nice for my ADD tendencies. It is 8-weeks. That puts me finishing up right before my new work schedule would take place. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, with no real direction in my training or nutrition. Time to get my head out of my ass, and get after it.

^^^As long as the dude is not anti-steak you should be good. I'd never follow a plan by somebody that ate tree leaves and lettuce (which is kinda the same thing, I think, I dunno I'm busy eating ribs and steak over here. ) Not a stupid reason, I know what you mean.
    Current PRs:

Day1 of the AMP program

only working set weights listed

Front Squat
    4x5x115

Two-Arm Bent Over DB Row
    4x5x45

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    4x5x135

Standing DB Shoulder press
    4x5x45

Half-Kneeling One Arm DB Shoulder Press
    4x5x30

Hip Thrusts - this one was awkward and I don't think I really did it right
    4x5x95

Seated Calf Raises
    4x6x220

Rest between sets was no more the 90 seconds. Of course, I was right at that for the front squats. I didn't go super heavy on anything as my lower back is at the forefront of my mind. The bent over rows were actually more difficult than I thought they would be. Tomorrow is just steady cardio for 40 minutes.

Yesterday, I went out to the "trails" and did a total of 5 miles in about 1:25:00. I did the first 3 miles in about 48 minutes, so a little bit of walking/running. It was a good mix. My legs were getting pretty tired in the last mile.

This should be the start of me actually posting workouts in here again. I got to get out more in other people's journals. Sorry I have been slacking, life happens.

Day2

Steady State Cardio

Stationary Bike - 40 minutes. I was able to get 14.40 miles in.

Day 3 - Full Body Workout

Bench Press
    4x5x125

Hamstring curls using valslides - basically used a towel on a wood floor. added 40 lbs to the towel and did hamstring curls.
    4x5

Asisted Pullups
    4x5x80lbs help

Single leg squat from box - this **** was f_ing hard. I used a normal bench as my box. I liked this exercise though. Took a lot of effort and concentration
    4x5 each leg - bodyweight only

Rope Cable curl
    4x10x60
    superset with
    Tricep Pressdown
    4x6x70

Except for the bench press where I took the full 90 seconds rest in between, everything else was less than 90 seconds rest. All in all a good workout.

Day 4 - training with Chris. tire flips and shiz

Day 5 - Full Body workout

Trap bar deadlift - I used the hammer strength machine.
    4x5x180

Incline DB Press
    4x5x50lb DBs

Split Squats - should have added DB's but didn't
    4x6 each leg

Chest supported Machine row
    4x5x50 each side

Pushups off bench - my right pec is acting up big time, so I took it easy
    4x6

BB hip thrusts - figured the exercise out this time
    4x5x95lb

Didn't really go heavy on the weights so I cut the rest periods down to 30-60 seconds. My body has been pretty achy this week, my right pec and my right lower back specifically. This weekend I plan on getting outside and hitting the trails and maybe get on my bike. It's fun to be a kid again. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Not sure how I feel about the new bb.com look. It has a lot of potential, but lots of glitches right now. It's a horrible hybrid between new and old right now. I'm sure they will get it figured out.

Took the weekend off. Today I was short on time, ended up with some of the karate people who were doing cardio so I joined them (well actually they forced me, but whatever)

Me and a partner alternated between

running on treadmill
    lunges

Partner 1 did 20 (i did 10) lunges while the other runs
    Partner 2 runs as long as it takes partner 1 to do 20 lunges

10 rounds of that then 10 rounds of

running on treadmill
    10 dips

same concept

I then had to leave, but they kept going. Hopefully, I can walk tomorrow.

Nice work in here brohametta! WTF is the new bb.com thing you're talking about? Oh man, I hate when they change it up on me. I use the Black forum setting cause the White one makes my head hurt.

And about the 5 mile venture - that is a lonnnng way for anyone to run/walk/anything, srs, ovaries to the wallz sister, ovaries to the wallz.
    Current PRs:

PR report??????????
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Alright, alright! Sheesh. lol

Yesterday, I worked Bench Press after running a crap ton on the treadmill (see below). Did 10 singles, working up in weight. I hit a new PR of 170lbs. WOOHOO!!!!

So, this past week, I ended up working out with the group that does karate at my gym. It's a small group, and one of the guys I work at the PD with. The sense is the police chief for the school ISD here. They usually work out later in the mornings, so I don't usually get the chance to work out with them. Well, because of the holidays they have been going at 10a.m. I got roped in on the first day, and went every day except Thursday. All totaled, we covered 26 miles this week on the treadmill. Tons of lunges too. I am still upright and able to move my legs. My cardio is sh!t that's for sure. lol. But, it was a good change. They invited me to their private class this morning, and it was brutal. But, the best part is they kind of took me into their group and the invite was nice. Should be much of the same next week, until school starts back up.

January is going to be crazy busy for me. Birthdays, ski trip, meetings with Chief's, interviews for new detective positions, and draft day. Ugh. I am just trying to remember all of it.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a good new year.

Over two months since my last post. So, I guess an update is in order:

- Will be going upstairs to be a detective in early April
    - Had some unwanted drama with a work friend that took a lot out of me in January and Feb.
    - Did an orienteering race in Feb. Managed to somehow come in first in my age group for that course (one of the "beginner" ones) and 6th overall for that course
    - Already signed up for two adventure races in April and May. Looking at a third and fourth one in late May and June
    - Signed up with JJeane to do an olympic lifting meet in May. I swear they have the coolest medals ever and that's why I'm doing it. I WANT ONE!

Over the past few months, I have had somewhat of a shift in life priorities. I love the gym and going to the gym and being in the gym. However, I don't have the same wants as I did early last year or before that. I try to be self-reflective on a regular basis and I think it's pretty cool how life does happen and your interest and priorities change. For some, they never do and that's ok too. For me, they have and instead of fighting it, I am going with it and making the most of it. Here are a couple of examples:

I am not so concerned anymore with getting a six pack or being under 200 pounds. I am more concerned with being healthy and injury free. Still need to be able to fit into my uniform, but outside of that, I have found a bit more acceptance with the way I look and am not stressing about it as much.

From a food standpoint, I have really taken a liking to cooking. My sister and I are going to San Antonio at the end of this month to the CIA for a cooking boot camp. I enjoy food. plain and simple. And cooking is a skill and an art. Food is fun. Instead of counting calories and being restrictive, I am focusing more on eating in moderation (always the hardest part for me) and eating whole, natural, unprocessed foods. I will be planting a small garden this year in hopes of at least getting tomatoes and green beans. I thank JJeane for the inspiration to be a little more self-sustaining and growing my own food. I have made some pretty cool dishes the past couple of weeks that have been awesome. They haven't been super healthy, but I am not pouring on the butter either. Again, moderation being the key. I am also going to be trying my hand at making my own bread with my own starter. His name is Ferguson (Rufus was my first attempt, but he died.)

So, in a nutshell I am embracing life. Not that I haven't before, but making a more concerted effort right now. I'm getting out of my comfort zone with these adventure races and not being so hard on myself (different than just "letting go" and "not giving a f#$%").

And since this is supposed to have some lifting shiz in it, I will leave you with this: I have roughly 8 weeks until the lifting meet. This week was the first week I worked on the snatch and clean and jerk. I hit 120 on the snatch and 145 on the clean and jerk. I am doing the power versions versus the full squat versions (cause it's allowed). My goal for the meet is to hit 135 on snatch and 165 on clean and jerk.

Hope everyone (the two of you that read this now, maybe ;-) is well.

Glad to hear you're doing ok MMA. What kind of detective? I always think of those guys on Law and Order investigating murders but then I know there are detectives that do more common stuff like look into traffic accidents and stuff.
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    I am also going to be trying my hand at making my own bread with my own starter. His name is Ferguson (Rufus was my first attempt, but he died.)
    I'm so confused, what??

And since this is supposed to have some lifting shiz in it, I will leave you with this: I have roughly 8 weeks until the lifting meet. This week was the first week I worked on the snatch and clean and jerk. I hit 120 on the snatch and 145 on the clean and jerk. I am doing the power versions versus the full squat versions (cause it's allowed). My goal for the meet is to hit 135 on snatch and 165 on clean and jerk.
    Holy chit!
    Current PRs:

Hit 125 on snatch and 155 on clean and jerk this past week. one step closer to my goal lifts.

Did a 6 mile hike yesterday at Palo Duro Canyon. It was a blast.

Rode my mountain bike on some trails in the area for about 7 miles. Almost ate **** a couple of times. And my are is still sore. lol.

You are killing it, girl!
    Current PRs:

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm glad to see that everything is going pretty well for you. I know I haven't been in here for a while.

So, it's been forever since I have been in here. Life has happened, but I'm almost ready to make a comeback, so be ready.

Until then, I will leave you with my last two lifts from my first olympic lifting meet at the Barn this past weekend. Went down there and met up with jjeane and she did awesome!

no making fun of my form, or lack thereof. I got up there and did it and didn't injure myself and that's a win for me.

The funny thing is that you are the only one who cares about your form!! LOL
    You did great! And I am really proud of you! Hope to see you soon!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

I watched your vids yesterdy MMA. Not making fun of your form at all cause you'd kill me but the funny/amazing thing I notice about how you do those is you just fukkin' throw the bar up and do it, like easy, really easy. I assume you'd increase the wt if you did perfect the form, I don't know much about oly, but my god do you just totally manhandle the bar to get it to do what you want. I am impressed.
    Current PRs: