Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

time to get the show on the road

I am not really a fan of the preverbal "New Year's Resolution" as it is so cliche, but I guess now is as good a time as any. I look back on the past year, and see that my sister lost 65 pounds, and how I was very cyclic in my commitment to getting fit. Hindsight shows me that 12 weeks is really not a long time. I lost about 10 pounds, and while something is better than nothing, it just plain sucks that I failed miserably this past year. So I guess it's time to try again. lol.

So to start the new year off right, I am testing my mental fortitude with a 48-hour liquid diet. Yes, I know that's stupid from a nutrition standpoint, but like I said it is more of a mental challenge to see if I can actually do it. Not to mention, my trip to OKC the past few days was hazardous to my health on the eating front (ugh, I feel so bloated). I am right at the 24 hour mark and the 2nd 24 is the tough part. After that, I will be eating chicken and some sort of vegetable and fruit til Sat. Hopefully, that will give me a week to decide how I want to approach my nutrition. I have been successful short term with calories between 1600-1800. I think though I am going to shoot for 2200 calories, because with lower cals I tend to start getting cravings.

I am also going to cut out all supplements except my PWO (1MR) and a protein powder. I will get whatever I need from food sources, plus it just keeps things simple.

As for the workout, I am going to buy the 5/3/1 ebook today and look that over, and get ready to start that sometime next week.

That's the start. Let's see if I can even get out of the blocks. lol.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with the nutrition challenge, sounds tough, but you can do it! Btw, nice addition to your sig.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, thanks for writing in my journal, you are the first!

I think you will do great at whatever you set your mind to. As you said in my journal, you have identified the problem, now all you have to do is work on fixing them. I think you have already began doing just that.

Good luck on your 2 day liquid diet. I have wanted to try that in the past, but I am just not strong enough to do it. Keep us posted on how it goes.

You can do this!

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Helllooooo!!

Taps foot, waits for 5/3/1 workout so I can steal it..........

I found this link as I don't have the e-book:
    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.co...program-59778/

I am going to try to build my routine off of this article. Maybe you can critique it for me once I'm done? I am a total 5/3/1 newb!

RE: Your liquid diet -- not so stupid (IMO) if you do it right. Keep protein WAY UP and take in veggies (if you can, even though they're not liquid lol) just to keep your satiated and full of nutrients. Fish oils and a multi vit is probably a good idea too during this period (if you're not taking them already)

Mo
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mkizer0720 View Post
    Hey, thanks for writing in my journal, you are the first!

I think you will do great at whatever you set your mind to. As you said in my journal, you have identified the problem, now all you have to do is work on fixing them. I think you have already began doing just that.

Good luck on your 2 day liquid diet. I have wanted to try that in the past, but I am just not strong enough to do it. Keep us posted on how it goes.

You can do this!
    Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Helllooooo!!

Taps foot, waits for 5/3/1 workout so I can steal it..........

I found this link as I don't have the e-book:
    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.co...program-59778/

I am going to try to build my routine off of this article. Maybe you can critique it for me once I'm done? I am a total 5/3/1 newb!

RE: Your liquid diet -- not so stupid (IMO) if you do it right. Keep protein WAY UP and take in veggies (if you can, even though they're not liquid lol) just to keep your satiated and full of nutrients. Fish oils and a multi vit is probably a good idea too during this period (if you're not taking them already)

Mo

UPDATE!!!! So for those interested in how my 48 hour liquid diet went, it went...well...unexpectedly well. I ended up "drinking" apple sauce (no added sugar), tea, water, 1/2 gallon chocolate milk, pickle juice. As you can see, no rhyme or reason, just stuff to keep me moderately satiated. I went to the gym today and out of habit jumped on the scale (I told myself I wouldn't until Saturday at my friendly competition weigh-in). So I stood on the scale for a good 10 minutes scratching my head. Why? Because it read 4 lbs LESS than when I last stepped on it about 10 days ago. I think the scale lied to me, or someone came in before me and messed with it, just to mess with me. lol. I did not expect those kind of results from eating like crap for 3 days and then essentially fasting for 48 hours. Not sure what gives, and I am not sure if I still believe the scale or not. Saturday will be the true test.

However, mentally it was a challenge. Have you ever counted how many food commercials are on TV. It's ridiculous. I almost gave in a handful of occasions, but I managed and I am very proud of myself.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Without further ado, my 5/3/1 start

Ok Mo, miss antsy pants, here is day 1 of my 5/3/1 routine. I am still working on getting the rest of it planned out, but today I chose to do bench so it will like this:

My max is 135lbs so I took 90% of that to get 121.5. I waited to round the numbers until the end.

So then I had calculate 65%, 75%, and 85% of 121.5lbs to get the weights for each of my sets. Those numbers rounded (which was a little tricky) were: 75, 90, 105.

The workout:
    warmup
    45lbs x 10reps
    55lbs x 10reps

working sets
    75lbs x 5reps
    90lbs x 5reps
    105lbs x 10reps (the last set if 5 or more reps)

Assistance exercises:

DB bench press
    5 sets x 15 reps (20,25,25,25,25 DBs)

DB row
    5 sets x 10 reps (30,35,35,35,35 DBs)

and Presto! I was done. I am not used to doing that much volume, but I sure did love the idea of being done sooner rather than later.

I kept in mind the idea of starting light, and checking my ego at the door. It is hard to do, and I had to remind myself of that on the assistance exercises, but I kept myself in check.

I still have a lot to sift through in the ebook and will be spending the evening calculating my other lifts' percentages. Now, I am off for my cardio, MMA-style. woohoo!!! Watch out, Ms. Svelt is coming through. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I make myself laugh.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lovin the new routine!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Lovin the new routine!
    mucho gracias! :-)

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Ok Mo, miss antsy pants, here is day 1 of my 5/3/1 routine. I am still working on getting the rest of it planned out, but today I chose to do bench so it will like this:

My max is 135lbs so I took 90% of that to get 121.5. I waited to round the numbers until the end.

So then I had calculate 65%, 75%, and 85% of 121.5lbs to get the weights for each of my sets. Those numbers rounded (which was a little tricky) were: 75, 90, 105.

The workout:
    warmup
    45lbs x 10reps
    55lbs x 10reps

working sets
    75lbs x 5reps
    90lbs x 5reps
    105lbs x 10reps (the last set if 5 or more reps)

Assistance exercises:

DB bench press
    5 sets x 15 reps (20,25,25,25,25 DBs)

DB row
    5 sets x 10 reps (30,35,35,35,35 DBs)

and Presto! I was done. I am not used to doing that much volume, but I sure did love the idea of being done sooner rather than later.

I kept in mind the idea of starting light, and checking my ego at the door. It is hard to do, and I had to remind myself of that on the assistance exercises, but I kept myself in check.

I still have a lot to sift through in the ebook and will be spending the evening calculating my other lifts' percentages. Now, I am off for my cardio, MMA-style. woohoo!!! Watch out, Ms. Svelt is coming through. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I make myself laugh.
    YES!!!! Our 1RM for Bench is the same I have my numbers all calculated out, but will use the other routine for the assistance exercises (I think, until I change my mind) This will be EPIC! We iz gonna get OUR SWOLE ON!

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.

ChicaBella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice routine. You are a BEAST!!! Get em girlfriend! :cyber-high5:
    Releasing the Thinner Me:)

ChicaBella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    UPDATE!!!! So for those interested in how my 48 hour liquid diet went, it went...well...unexpectedly well. I ended up "drinking" apple sauce (no added sugar), tea, water, 1/2 gallon chocolate milk, pickle juice. As you can see, no rhyme or reason, just stuff to keep me moderately satiated. I went to the gym today and out of habit jumped on the scale (I told myself I wouldn't until Saturday at my friendly competition weigh-in). So I stood on the scale for a good 10 minutes scratching my head. Why? Because it read 4 lbs LESS than when I last stepped on it about 10 days ago. I think the scale lied to me, or someone came in before me and messed with it, just to mess with me. lol. I did not expect those kind of results from eating like crap for 3 days and then essentially fasting for 48 hours. Not sure what gives, and I am not sure if I still believe the scale or not. Saturday will be the true test.

However, mentally it was a challenge. Have you ever counted how many food commercials are on TV. It's ridiculous. I almost gave in a handful of occasions, but I managed and I am very proud of myself.
    Glad to hear your fast went well. My friend has been juice fasting for the past 30+ days! On day 21, she was down 14lbs! I hope she doesn't gain the weight back and then some once she starts eating again.
    Releasing the Thinner Me:)

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interested to see how the 5/3/1 works out - looks good so far. Also, you have thoroughly freaked me out with the pickle juice as part of the liquid diet, lol.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Interested to see how the 5/3/1 works out - looks good so far. Also, you have thoroughly freaked me out with the pickle juice as part of the liquid diet, lol.
    LMAO, hey I wanted something salty and well, I had a big ol' jar of pickles, so why not. hahaha. But, the 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk was amazingly awesome at around the 30th hour. yummmmm.

Originally Posted by ChicaBella View Post
    Glad to hear your fast went well. My friend has been juice fasting for the past 30+ days! On day 21, she was down 14lbs! I hope she doesn't gain the weight back and then some once she starts eating again.
    oh heck no. There is no way I would want to do it for that long. Fun while it lasted (not). Other than the mental insanity I would experience, I would be afraid of gaining the weight back, so we will keep it at 2 days every once in a blue moon.

Day 2 - F-ing legs!!!!

Today I did day 2 of week 1 on 5/3/1. I chose to do squats. My numbers are low comparatively because I am not used to doing back squats with any amount of weight, so it's a work in progress. I felt good on my form. I didn't notice fatigue in areas of my quads I am not used to. HAHA, probably because I don't do squats. whoda thunk it.

Squat Max: 150
    Training Max: 135

Warmup: BW x10
    Bar x 5
    65lbs x 5

65% 90lbs x 5
    75% 100lbs x 5
    85% 115lbs x 5 (totally forgot the "or more" concept today. Probably could have done 3 more)

I used the manta ray to disperse some of the load on my shoulders and neck and it seemed to do the trick for the most part.

Assistance exercises

BW walking lunges 3x7(each leg)
    BW step ups 2x10(each leg)

I was going to do 5x10 on each exercise, but I was starting to cramp up and remembered less is more with the assistance exercises. I already know I will be peeing standing up for the next few days. LOL. I hope to work some of that out with a cardio session (45-60mins) tonight. Thank goodness tomorrow is an off day from the weights.

Nutrition wise, I am easing back into eating, with sushi at reasonable portions (2 rolls instead of 5 or 6). Went to the grocery store this afternoon so I am good for the week. Not tracking yet, just keeping it low volume. I have to constantly tell myself KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!)

Nice job there on those legs. Please don't pee on your feet! I will cross my fingers that you hit the pot

written from my phone so.excuse everything except content.

Ok, from now on, if i dont post some type of routine involving legs twice a week, i want somebody to smack me upside the head. My legs are killing me today, and that usually means me hobbling the other way away from leg day for about two weeks. Problem is i will never get anywhere that way. ita crazzy because it takes a crazy amount of work, weight, and volume to get my upper body sore, and forget about making my abs sore, nothings gets them sore anymore. what gives. i work my legs in my cardio by adding moderate resistance, but squats and lunges burn my legs up.

5/3/1 day 3 military press

So my legs are still stupid sore, but thankfully the protocol for today's workout was the military press so it's all good.

The workout:

Military press

w/u: 45x10 (should have started lighter but didn't have a long barbell at a lighter weight)

working sets
    50x5
    60x5
    70x7 (I really thought I would be able to get 10 as I felt the loads were light at the beginning but I guess not, hah)

assistance exercises
    assisted pullups: 5 sets 8 reps (varied the grip each set)
    EZ bar pullover SS tricep press: 5 sets 8 reps (60lbs). This one was tough. Probably should have gone lighter. Stupid ego keeps getting in the way.

I rode the bike to try and get my legs stretched and loosen up some of that lactic acid.

Tomorrow is deadlift day, I'm excited!!!!!

Thumbs up

Those are strong military presses, bring on the deadlifts!!
    Current PRs:

BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love leg day.. the soreness is my favorite feeling. going to the bathroom and wondering " why oh why do I have to squat to pee"!!!! love it
    you did great !
    military presses suck.. me no like..
    This above all: to thine own self be True! Truth is beauty.

My Jounal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126952733

I can do ALL things thru Him who gives me strength

Day 4 - 5/3/1 DEADLIFT!!!

I thought my legs would be less sore, but no, not really. Not sore enough to keep from deadlifting though. I just had to make sure to do a longer than usual warmup on the bike.

I have never done deadlifts for reps and sets. I usually just play around with them, so today was interesting. I am fairly positive my form is pretty good, but it just felt weird doing more than 1-3 reps.

Workout:
    w/u: 95lbs x 8reps

125lbs x 5
    145lbs x 5
    165lbs x 6 (again, thought I would be able to do more, but my grip was getting weak and I was starting to fatigue, so I stopped so I didn't sacrifice form)

assistance exercises
    back extension into glute ham raise: 5x10 (BW, 10lb, 25lbs, BW, BW)
    single leg DB deadlift (wanted to really slow down the pace and work on my balance):
    1set x 10 reps each leg (15lb DBs)

A crap ton of weighted ab work.

Overall I am loving this program. Mentally, it feels very manageable, yet, when I get to my 3rd set of my main lift I am feeling it. The assistance exercises are great at 5 sets x 8-10 reps. I am definitely motivated to keep going with this program. I need to get in a bit more leg work so I can get somewhat used to the work (aka not as freaking sore as I am now) that way I can get into the gym in the evening for some cardio work (mma, crossfit, etc).

Nutrition has been good for me. I have avoided several temptations to eat out. My friendly weight loss competition ends tomorrow, so I will reveal the results tomorrow. I'm not sure if I am going to win, but I think I will be moderately happy with the results. I just have to keep reminding myself "baby steps."

BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbiSkai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5/3/1 is a great program. There is another forum out there that I cannot name where many of the women do 5/3/1 and have had some solid gains over this past year.
    Athletic Performance Specialist

My Pics, Videos, Maxes and Lifting Log: http://bobbiskai.blogspot.com/ or google me, Bobbi Skai

Bodybuilding.com log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129196381

Workout:
    w/u: 95lbs x 8reps

125lbs x 5
    145lbs x 5
    165lbs x 6 (again, thought I would be able to do more, but my grip was getting weak and I was starting to fatigue, so I stopped so I didn't sacrifice form)
    Not bad, not bad at all. What is your current max? I would guess right around 200. And lol at all the percentages from 5/3/1 leading to really bizzare weights for everyone. No more can you throw together the simplest of all barbell weights - 95, 135, 155, 185, heehee there is much math in this program!
    Current PRs:

mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkizer0720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, your definately strong. Your workout looks great. I have been lifting weights for over a year, but I am so new to heavy lifting. I am still trying to figure out what heavy is for me...lol. I am glad you posted your workouts. I normally just warm up by stretching, but I see you do some lighter warm up reps, which is what I'm guessing I need to start doing. I am going to keep browsing for advice. I need it!

Keep up the good work, your results are going to be amazing!

Michelle

Originally Posted by mkizer0720 View Post
    Wow, your definately strong. Your workout looks great. I have been lifting weights for over a year, but I am so new to heavy lifting. I am still trying to figure out what heavy is for me...lol. I am glad you posted your workouts. I normally just warm up by stretching, but I see you do some lighter warm up reps, which is what I'm guessing I need to start doing. I am going to keep browsing for advice. I need it!

Keep up the good work, your results are going to be amazing!

Michelle
    Thank you. I have only been doing "heavy" lifting for about 3 months. Basically, that means I never really challenged myself before that although I am familiar with 90% of weight lifting exercises. I just now, with 5/3/1 started doing warm up sets, so it's new to me too.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Not bad, not bad at all. What is your current max? I would guess right around 200. And lol at all the percentages from 5/3/1 leading to really bizzare weights for everyone. No more can you throw together the simplest of all barbell weights - 95, 135, 155, 185, heehee there is much math in this program!
    Actually missy my deadlift max is 225 and that was by accident. Like you mentioned, the math got away with me one day and I thought I was doing less than I was. I didn't realize it until I was in the locker room at the end of my workout. haha. The numbers for the 5/3/1 keep me on my toes mentally that is for sure. I want to make sure I am following the program to the letter, or number in this case, so I triple check my weights before I lift. Rather annoying actually, because I end up arguing with myself about the weight. I know, I'm weird.

I have a ways to catch up to your current PR, but I'm pretty sure I can do it. ;-)

Actually missy my deadlift max is 225 and that was by accident. Like you mentioned, the math got away with me one day and I thought I was doing less than I was. I didn't realize it until I was in the locker room at the end of my workout. haha. The numbers for the 5/3/1 keep me on my toes mentally that is for sure. I want to make sure I am following the program to the letter, or number in this case, so I triple check my weights before I lift. Rather annoying actually, because I end up arguing with myself about the weight. I know, I'm weird.

I have a ways to catch up to your current PR, but I'm pretty sure I can do it. ;-)
    225, oh cool! Seriously that is really good - most over here haven't gotten that far. You're not that far off, and yeah if you're following the program exactly then you should be able to greatly increase all your lifts. I may even do some military press this weekend in your honor. Keep up the good lifting and don't let all the math explode your brain, ha ha!
    Current PRs:

Looking good in here!! Today marks my Day 1 of 5/3/1. I hope I have as much success as you're having so far!!

Cheers, Heidi

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Looking good in here!! Today marks my Day 1 of 5/3/1. I hope I have as much success as you're having so far!!

Cheers, Heidi
    Heidi? I thought your name was MO!!!! lol. You will do great with the program. I really can't find any negatives about it. As long as it fits in with your goals, you can do no wrong. Hardest part is not trying to change it up to what you think would work, and not doing too much on the assistance exercises. Other than that, it is AWESOME!!! I'll be following.

BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BTM1ND3D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    great job on the deadlifts!!!!

so with the gains, are you noticing a difference in appreance?
    This above all: to thine own self be True! Truth is beauty.

My Jounal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126952733

I can do ALL things thru Him who gives me strength

And the WINNER is.....

Not me. haha.

Yesterday, my sister, my friend, and I finished our weight loss competition and weighed in. It was 8 weeks and it was determined by pounds lost only. To recap those 8 weeks, I was probably about 60% with my nutrition and about 90% with my training. I def. had some low points when it came to eating including my little out of town trip to OKC. But alas, I still managed to lose 8 lbs!!!!

The liquid diet for 48 hours provided short term results but went away after 2 days of normal eating. However, I do think it was beneficial in resetting or jumpstarting weight loss as long as you are eating right after the 2 days. I am very happy with the results because I passed that point on the scale I had been staring out for probably a solid 4 months. Now, I have a new scale goal and that is to move the big bottom piece one click to the left. (If you understand what that means, your awesome!!)

Definitely motivated to keep going now. Not that I wasn't before, but I actually saw the scale move down and that is what I wanted, tangible results. I don't feel my body is any different, but that's ok for now.

And like I said, I lost the competition. My sister lost 14lbs and my friend lost 15lbs. I am very proud of them. Not to mention the winner, got 150 dollars. That brought my sister's 2010 total weight loss to 73lbs. I am very happy for her. I am hoping this year, she can double that and improve her fitness as well. I just think, if I had stuck to it all last year, I could be at my goal weight if I lost what she lost. But alas, can't think about that past.

My next goal is to continue to lose weight and focus on our local BB show in late March, where I am going to support a friend and hope to have some muscle definition somewhere. Enough to make people there think I have potential. That is 77 days away. I will def. need yalls help to keep me on track on that may include a few swift kicks in the ass, so don't hesitate. lol.