Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2731
    bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Today is an unplanned rest day. Although I did just move our supplies for the deli. I am just tired. Want some time to recover a bit more. Tomorrow I am going to go after deadlifts (as long as my back feels good which it does right now).

Help me do the math folks. These are the amount of boxes and their approximate weights that I picked up, moved, lifted, threw, whatever you want to call it.

38 boxes of chicken x40 pounds each
    6 boxes of tortillas x20
    4 mac and cheese x20
    4 mashed potatoes x20
    4 brisket boxes x30

about 50 other assorted boxes ranging from 5-30 pounds each. So what is that. Over 2000lbs moved. Yeah, I think I will just rest today.
    Ummmm..doesn't sound like rest to me. Maybe active rest?

Good luck pulling tomorrow...hope the back stays strong
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Today is an unplanned rest day. Although I did just move our supplies for the deli. I am just tired. Want some time to recover a bit more. Tomorrow I am going to go after deadlifts (as long as my back feels good which it does right now).

Help me do the math folks. These are the amount of boxes and their approximate weights that I picked up, moved, lifted, threw, whatever you want to call it.

38 boxes of chicken x40 pounds each
    6 boxes of tortillas x20
    4 mac and cheese x20
    4 mashed potatoes x20
    4 brisket boxes x30

about 50 other assorted boxes ranging from 5-30 pounds each. So what is that. Over 2000lbs moved. Yeah, I think I will just rest today.

That is an interesting routine there mater.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mmmm 38 boxes of chicken, nom nom nom!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    AHHHHH!!!! Just the way Saturdays are supposed to be!

I trained with Chris today, and I manned up (?) and did the deadlift complex. Here is the t-nation version:

This is what I ended up doing.

I warmed up on deadlifts with this:
    95x5
    135x3
    155x3
    185x3

then

4 rounds of

rack pull
    245x3
    deadlift from floor
    205x3
    hang cleans
    95x5
    jump shrugs
    95x8-10
    broad jumps
    BWx10

Additional work and cardio

pendlay rows
    4x10x95

Cardio was 85lb prowler push down and back on the minute every minute for 15 minutes. I did 6 rounds before I had to take a longer rest, and ended up finishing every other minute. I was toast. A little humbled too.

Anywho, overall it was a kick-ass workout. My back felt good, and I made sure Chris watched my form. I did wear a belt, just so I could "feel" safer, but I think I was good either way.

SIDE NOTES

Lately, I have had people on here and IRL tell me that I am looking leaner. And, I agree. Funny thing is, the scale hasn't moved, my measurements haven't changed, my clothes still fit the same, but I do feel like I look leaner in the upper body/back and legs. Not sure what gives, as my nutrition hasn't been completely on point (not horrible, just not 100%). The only reason why this bothers me is that I am not able to pinpoint why I am having "success" at the moment. I want to just "run with it" but then when I stall again, I won't know what to change or modify to get me going again. Oh well, until then, I will just take it with a smile and be thankful.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey ... I think we're even! I realized your journal had somehow been unsubbed in my CP! In and sub'd ........... again!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work on the deads.

Happy Saturday.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Hey ... I think we're even! I realized your journal had somehow been unsubbed in my CP! In and sub'd ........... again!

No worries. It happens....apparently. lol.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Nice work on the deads.

Happy Saturday.

Thanks!!!! I actually feel super excited about that workout. I felt strong, smooth, and did it without injury. It has been quite some time where I felt that confident before, during, and after a workout, so that is a huge accomplishment for me right now.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Sunday workday.

My lower back feels appropriately sore today, so I am happy about that. That means the deadlift session was a complete success, injury free. WOOHOO!!!!

That being said, I wasn't quite sure what to work today, so I opted for chest since that is the "furthest" bodypart from my lower back. I did the bench press star complex. Quite different experience than the first time. I think the biggest issue is that I was flustered that out of the whole gym, two guys had to use both racks next to me, and I felt crowded. Not their fault, I just like my space, especially when doing circuits. Not to mention, the guy closest to me was doing some pretty heavy squats and if he had to bail the weights were going to come right at me, so that made me nervous. Anywho, I still did work, and it went like this:

bench press warmup
    95x8
    115x5

I had to use the smith machine for 3 of the 5 exercises, which I was fine with. So the weight listed is plate weight only, I couldn't find how much the bar weighs (I really don't think it weighs anything with it being on the rails. Meh.

top half bench press - 5 reps
    160/150/150/150/150

bench press - 4 reps/4/3/2/1 - this was weird, but I wasn't taking any chances without a spotter
    125/125/125/125/125

speed bench press on smith machine - 5 reps
    95/80/80/80/80

smith machine bench press throw - 10 reps/8/8/8/6
    70(stupid)/50/50/50/50

plyo pushups off bench - bodyweight
    8/8/8/8/8

Additional work/cardio

straight arm pulldowns
    50x12
    40x12
    30x15

superset with incline DB press
    30x12
    25x12
    20x15

Cardio - 10 minutes on stationary bike, levels 8-10, staying above 100 RPM whole time.

Like I said, I wasn't exactly as thrilled about the circuit this time as before. I struggled a bit with the weights, but overall I still felt like I got a decent workout, I think it was all just a head game.

And if you take a trip over to my Flexible log, you can read about the last thing I did in the gym today:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149337453

Leg Day

Leg press
    Plate weight listed

90x10/10/10/10 (normal/narrow/wide/calf raise)
    140x10/10/10/10
    190x10/10/10/10
    190x10/10/10/10

Leg Extension
    100x10
    120x10
    140x10
    160x10
    180x10ish PR (video below)

Lying Leg Curl
    100x10
    120x10
    140x9
    160x8
    160x7

Hack Squat Machine
    20 lbs added

4 sets of 8

Glute Bridges on Stability Ball
    3 sets of 10

Cardio - sort of

Treadmill
    30 seconds walking forward (2.0 incline, 2.5 speed)
    30 seconds right side lunge
    30 seconds walking backward
    30 seconds left side lunge

Did 4 rounds for 8 minutes

Overall, a fantastic leg workout. My legs were shaking something awful toward the end, and I felt like I wanted to puke a few times. But, I felt strong.

Here is my 180lb leg extension. Sorry you couldn't see my quads, but I couldn't find a better spot for the camera that still showed the stack moving. Ya know, because no vid means it didn't happen.

Raging mad!!!!!!

Ok, so as to not detract from my awesome leg workout, I am posting this vent separately.

After my leg workout, I met up with a friend at another gym location (same gym name, just different location) because that one has child care. She is a lot like me in terms of liking being tortured in the gym. haha. Anywho, she is 6 weeks post baby delivery (she was a surrogate) and we are trying to get her back in shape. I have trained her before. Anywho, since I have already done my workout, I focus all my efforts on her training and take her through a full body routine, that is moderate in difficulty, adjusting along the way. Well, about halfway through, this douchebag that works there, comes over to me, and says "Hey. Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute." I knew exactly what he was thinking, that I was training her using their facility. Which I am, but I am not getting paid and we are both members of the gym. Sooooo, I tell him, without hesitation, "I'm not getting paid, so don't worry about it." Well, he seemed stunned by my response and decides to go on, "Ok. Cool. Well, if you did the workout with her then we wouldn't mind." To which I replied, "I have already done my workout, so, no, I won't be doing it with her." He then goes on, "Well, my boss is here and I just wanted to make sure..." I cut him off. "I'm not getting paid, we both are members, so there is really nothing more that needs to be said." Yes, I was pissed. My friend was too. She said, "Why does it matter that your boss is here. What does that have to do with anything." At one point in the "conversation" he tells me "Hey, haven't I seen you at Freedom Fitness (another gym in town) and I said, "I don't know, maybe, I have only been there like twice." He says, "Oh yeah, I think I did an assessment on you. My reply: "Um, hell no, you didn't! I was there with a friend, never a member." (BTW, this guy resembles your stereotypical globogym trainer, a fat slob.) Finally, he decides to move on and say "Well, thanks for your time." and walks off. This is the EXACT reason why I FUKING hate that gym. Actually, I hate all the other locations of this gym except mine for this very reason. I have been in that one before with a couple of other friends a long time ago and they tried to tell me something then, and they got the same reply. I don't charge my friends to train them. I do it to help them. That's it. Me and my friend wanted to go hit something after that. I'm sure what started it was this old trainer who I had a run in with a while back probably said something to one of the sales guys and that is probably what started all this. It irritates me to no end. Words can not describe how hot I am right now about this. My friend and I devised a plan, that next time we go in there, she will train me, and she will just stand around. lol. Believe me, if I go in to that location to train, they will FUKING know I am there. It will be a HAM-RAGE day of lifting of EPIC proportions!

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok, so as to not detract from my awesome leg workout, I am posting this vent separately.

After my leg workout, I met up with a friend at another gym location (same gym name, just different location) because that one has child care. She is a lot like me in terms of liking being tortured in the gym. haha. Anywho, she is 6 weeks post baby delivery (she was a surrogate) and we are trying to get her back in shape. I have trained her before. Anywho, since I have already done my workout, I focus all my efforts on her training and take her through a full body routine, that is moderate in difficulty, adjusting along the way. Well, about halfway through, this douchebag that works there, comes over to me, and says "Hey. Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute." I knew exactly what he was thinking, that I was training her using their facility. Which I am, but I am not getting paid and we are both members of the gym. Sooooo, I tell him, without hesitation, "I'm not getting paid, so don't worry about it." Well, he seemed stunned by my response and decides to go on, "Ok. Cool. Well, if you did the workout with her then we wouldn't mind." To which I replied, "I have already done my workout, so, no, I won't be doing it with her." He then goes on, "Well, my boss is here and I just wanted to make sure..." I cut him off. "I'm not getting paid, we both are members, so there is really nothing more that needs to be said." Yes, I was pissed. My friend was too. She said, "Why does it matter that your boss is here. What does that have to do with anything." At one point in the "conversation" he tells me "Hey, haven't I seen you at Freedom Fitness (another gym in town) and I said, "I don't know, maybe, I have only been there like twice." He says, "Oh yeah, I think I did an assessment on you. My reply: "Um, hell no, you didn't! I was there with a friend, never a member." (BTW, this guy resembles your stereotypical globogym trainer, a fat slob.) Finally, he decides to move on and say "Well, thanks for your time." and walks off. This is the EXACT reason why I FUKING hate that gym. Actually, I hate all the other locations of this gym except mine for this very reason. I have been in that one before with a couple of other friends a long time ago and they tried to tell me something then, and they got the same reply. I don't charge my friends to train them. I do it to help them. That's it. Me and my friend wanted to go hit something after that. I'm sure what started it was this old trainer who I had a run in with a while back probably said something to one of the sales guys and that is probably what started all this. It irritates me to no end. Words can not describe how hot I am right now about this. My friend and I devised a plan, that next time we go in there, she will train me, and she will just stand around. lol. Believe me, if I go in to that location to train, they will FUKING know I am there. It will be a HAM-RAGE day of lifting of EPIC proportions!
    Dude that sucks. Happened to me once to accept I WAS working out with my friends so the fuking trainer watched for all of 5 seconds before he said something. He said it had to do with insurance. Whatever.

180 sheesh! Next time show calves poppin
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Leg Extension
    180x10ish PR (video below)
    Nice work; but be careful of your knees on this one. I was reppign the stack on the one in my gym and after a few weeks started getting knee pain so I took them out of the program again.

Sooooo, I tell him, without hesitation, "I'm not getting paid, so don't worry about it." Well, he seemed stunned by my response and decides to go on, "Ok. Cool. Well, if you did the workout with her then we wouldn't mind." To which I replied, "I have already done my workout, so, no, I won't be doing it with her."
    This is like the third or fourth story like this I've read lately. Gym staff hassling people that are trianing together.

WTF is with all the goofball behaviour by gym staff these days?

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Nice work; but be careful of your knees on this one. I was reppign the stack on the one in my gym and after a few weeks started getting knee pain so I took them out of the program again.

This is like the third or fourth story like this I've read lately. Gym staff hassling people that are trianing together.

WTF is with all the goofball behaviour by gym staff these days?
    I don't know, but it's irritating as hell. That is why I love my gym. They don't have many sales people (it's the smallest of all the gyms for this chain). Regardless, those sales people don't roam the floors from what I can see. They have one trainer, he is pretty legit. I have trained my sister there several times and not once have they said anything. I even run on the treadmill sideways and backwards and they still don't say anything. It's more of a hardcore gym with solid regulars so that may have something to do with it.

As for the leg extensions. If you listen closely you can hear a clicking sound on each rep. That is me knees. No pain, but I understand what you are saying. I went big and heavy just to prove I could, but I don't like going that heavy. Plus, I only do leg extensions or leg curls maybe once every week but usually 10 days in between. There are so many other leg exercises I can do.

BACK Day

I just did a bunch of randome exercises that worked back and abs.

Assisted Pullup Triset
    wide grip pull-up / dips / neutral grip pull-up

8 reps each at 90lbs resistance
    8 reps each at 80lbs resistance
    6 reps each at 70lbs resistance
    4 reps each at 70lbs resistance (I believe this is a PR for least amount of weight used for assistance)

Weighted Abcoaster superset with back extensions

3 sets of 12 reps each

Close-grip neutral pulldowns
    10x100
    10x100
    10x100
    9x100
    8x100

Hammer strength seated unilateral row (Plate loaded)

1st set - 3 reps each arm alternating x 4 (45 on each side)
    2nd set - 4 reps each arm alternating x 2 (45 on each side)
    3rd set - 8 reps both arms together (45 on each side)

Hanging leg raises

3 sets of 10 - these are getting a bit easy, but I can't straighten my legs out to save my life. something to work on

Attempted Dragon Flags

3 sets of 12 - Basically it ended up being leg raise with hip thrusts at the top and I tried lowering my whole body down, but I ended up in a roll down most of the time. Shiz was tough.

Inverted Rows

3 sets of 10/9/7 - little rest in between. Going for failure.

Thoughts

I hit all the areas of the back I wanted to, so that's good. Kind of all over the place today, but still did good work.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome leg day MMA! 180 on extensions and 160 on lying ham curls??? Mind=destroyed. Yep I've read a few things about people saying the extensions fuk with their knees, scared me into doing high rep on that now, but dood I could not do 180 if my life depended on it, so nice job!

That's crazy they would approach you just because they saw 2 people together, and 1 helping the other, seriously I could see them saying something if you were there every day with different people and not working out yourself ever, but damn people go together all the time and do stuff like that.

Believe me, if I go in to that location to train, they will FUKING know I am there. It will be a HAM-RAGE day of lifting of EPIC proportions!
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Awesome leg day MMA! 180 on extensions and 160 on lying ham curls??? Mind=destroyed. Yep I've read a few things about people saying the extensions fuk with their knees, scared me into doing high rep on that now, but dood I could not do 180 if my life depended on it, so nice job!
    Thanks, but I would give up both of those lifts/numbers to be able to do a single unassisted pullup. Someday.

Looking forward to working out with Chris today. We are doing shoulders, and that means LOG PRESS!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! My back is pretty sore from yesterday, so not sure if that will affect my lifts, but if not, I want to shoot for a PR on the log press today, which..... Sh!T I don't know what that would be. I think over 165. Let's see if I can't hit 180. lol. Not sure if I'm shooting too high, but hey, you gotta dream right?

other thoughts

Still waiting on my Bodyform by BBS to log. I am hoping it comes today or tomorrow. I am going to use that log for some serious hardcore training/nutrition and see if I can't make some progress. I am even going to take before/after pics, although yall probably won't get to see them (sorry, not that confident yet). Or maybe I will take non-scantily clad ones so I can post in the journal. Yeah, I will probably do that.

I am also supposed to meeting with a trainer at my chain gym today. This was odd. I get a text from someone saying they came across my bb.com profile and asked how I was doing. Told me they worked at my local gym. Kind of weird. So I texted back. Asked him how he got my number. Pretty sure he looked me up under the member stuff at the gym. Kind of ballsy if you ask me, and sort of creepy. Anywho, pretty sure he is just interested in selling me some personal training sessions. Which, as you know I can not afford right now, and probably not for a long time. Anywho, I talked with him through text and gave him a glimpse of how I like to train and what my body goal would be (Toni West). So, I am going in after my workout to talk to him and see what he has to say. I'm not sure he understands what he got himself into by texting me. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, because I have seen him and one other guy trainer from that gym and they may be legit (or my opinion of legit). All the other trainers that work for this company, I could care less about and have no interest in training with them. Bottom line though, I am past the point of being effective with a chain-gym trainer. I need a trainer/coach/mentor one who has a high level of expertise in both training AND nutrition. AND that won't try to sell me the shirt off my back. More to come on this developing story later. ;-)

Meeting update: I met with the guy about training and even though he was nice and we talked, I could tell his sole focus was to get the sell. It's all good. He told me of a couple of trainers he had (males) that competed in the bb world (more like physique guys with swim trunks). I'm not sure how this will all play out. I told him what I wanted and all that jazz, but I don't think any of these guys will be what I am looking for. However, I may give them a one-month tryout and see what happens.

I have been looking to hire a "coach" for a few weeks now. I feel like I need that extra push and/or direction. I would like to go with someone highly reputable, but I am reluctant to do an online coach, because I don't get that face-to-face. I don't know. You read a lot of positive stories on here about people transforming or competing and their coach was a big player in their success. That is what I am looking for, even though I am not competing. I am willing to make the investment (when I have the funds) for a good, quality coach, but I don't want to waste it either. Ya know, it feels like I am standing on that precipice between competing commitment and just regular commitment (does that even make sense????)

I ain't gonna lie. My mind has shifted its focus to being a bit more concerned about the aesthetics. You know, being cute in that black strapless dress. Before, It was just about numbers and such. Now, it's more about the look. Sounds weird me saying that, because I am not a vain person, but I want to walk around with that confidence of being fit and looking the part.

Shoulders/Delts/Upper Back

Well, I was supposed to train with Chris, but I guess he forgot I was coming and all his other peeps canceled so he didn't show. It's all good. Went to my regular gym.

My body was feeling tired, so I went more for the burn than lifting heavy.

seated DB presses/seated DB Arnold Press/seated shrugs triset

4 sets
    10-12 reps
    25lb DBs

30-45 second rest inbetween exercises

machine lateral raises
    this is the machine that you sit in and the pads sit on your upper arm and you lift looking like a chicken flapping its wings

3 sets of 15 at 30lbs

facepulls
    80x12
    100x12
    120x10
    150x8 WHOLE STACK!!!! Video below

head supported reverse flies - 3 ways

3 sets of 5/5/5 with 15lb DB. Basically I changed from raising high like a Y to regular reverse flyes like a T to low flies like an inverted Y. Fun times

Cardio
    10 minutes on treadmill
    30/30 holding 25lb plate overhead/regular walking at 5.0 incline/3.0 speed

Man am I puffy. That's what happens when you eat a sh!ton of carbs or just a sh!ton period. Gotta get this diet in check fast!
    Last edited by mmater; 11-15-2012 at 11:14 AM.

AHHHHHH YEA!!!!!! Got my bodyform in today. It was the wrong flavor, but I guess it will have to do, because I ain't waiting for another one. lol. Anywho, I plan to start that log on Saturday, and other than my random mindless ramblings, I will be posting my workouts and such over there for the duration of the log (30-45 days). I really hope my body tolerates this product. It has a crap ton of stimulants in it, so I will be starting out at half dosing.

AHHHHH YEA!!!!!! Part deux: just made up 10 meals for the next few days. turkey, baked sweet potatoes, tuna casserole - my way, lemon pepper chicken breast with carrots and pinto beans. Biggest nutrition hurdle - other than my mind - is being at work around all the hot bar food. So easy to grab a corn dog or fried burrito. Grrrrrr. Just say NO!

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Meeting update: I met with the guy about training and even though he was nice and we talked, I could tell his sole focus was to get the sell. It's all good. He told me of a couple of trainers he had (males) that competed in the bb world (more like physique guys with swim trunks). I'm not sure how this will all play out. I told him what I wanted and all that jazz, but I don't think any of these guys will be what I am looking for. However, I may give them a one-month tryout and see what happens.

I have been looking to hire a "coach" for a few weeks now. I feel like I need that extra push and/or direction. I would like to go with someone highly reputable, but I am reluctant to do an online coach, because I don't get that face-to-face. I don't know. You read a lot of positive stories on here about people transforming or competing and their coach was a big player in their success. That is what I am looking for, even though I am not competing. I am willing to make the investment (when I have the funds) for a good, quality coach, but I don't want to waste it either. Ya know, it feels like I am standing on that precipice between competing commitment and just regular commitment (does that even make sense????)

I ain't gonna lie. My mind has shifted its focus to being a bit more concerned about the aesthetics. You know, being cute in that black strapless dress. Before, It was just about numbers and such. Now, it's more about the look. Sounds weird me saying that, because I am not a vain person, but I want to walk around with that confidence of being fit and looking the part.
    When I read your post above, I had a feeling that he was trying to sell personal training. Your right about it being ballsy texting you.

AHHHHHH YEA!!!!!! Got my bodyform in today. It was the wrong flavor, but I guess it will have to do, because I ain't waiting for another one. lol. Anywho, I plan to start that log on Saturday, and other than my random mindless ramblings, I will be posting my workouts and such over there for the duration of the log (30-45 days). I really hope my body tolerates this product. It has a crap ton of stimulants in it, so I will be starting out at half dosing.

!
    What is bodyform?

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    When I read your post above, I had a feeling that he was trying to sell personal training. Your right about it being ballsy texting you.

What is bodyform?
    I don't see the training with them going anywhere. I just thought I would entertain the idea. I'll be honest, I know exactly what I want from this coach/trainer/mentor and nobody in this town fits the bill, plain and simple. Does that mean I know everybody in town? No. But I have been on the lookout for somebody like this and I have yet to see anyone. Chris, my current trainer is about as good as it gets, and while he is fantastic for training strength, he isn't into the nutrition side of things. BTW, I just got a text from him (like this very second) and he just DL'ed 635 no straps. Yeah, he is kind of a freak of nature. lol.

here's the video: HOBBES you will be proud!

Bodyform is a thermogenic in powdered form. It is by better body sports. I got selected to log/review it. I have done a couple fat burners a long time ago, and the pill form doesn't sit well with me at all. I'm hoping in powder/liquid form it won't get "stuck". The ingredient list is pretty potent, so I will be cutting out my pre workout for the duration.
    Last edited by mmater; 11-15-2012 at 05:45 PM.

I don't see the training with them going anywhere. I just thought I would entertain the idea. I'll be honest, I know exactly what I want from this coach/trainer/mentor and nobody in this town fits the bill, plain and simple. Does that mean I know everybody in town? No. But I have been on the lookout for somebody like this and I have yet to see anyone. Chris, my current trainer is about as good as it gets, and while he is fantastic for training strength, he isn't into the nutrition side of things. BTW, I just got a text from him (like this very second) and he just DL'ed 635 no straps. Yeah, he is kind of a freak of nature. lol.

here's the video: HOBBES you will be proud!

Bodyform is a thermogenic in powdered form. It is by better body sports. I got selected to log/review it. I have done a couple fat burners a long time ago, and the pill form doesn't sit well with me at all. I'm hoping in powder/liquid form it won't get "stuck". The ingredient list is pretty potent, so I will be cutting out my pre workout for the duration.
    Yeah, I would stick with the Chris guy. Did you get the product yet?

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    Yeah, I would stick with the Chris guy. Did you get the product yet?
    Yes, I got it today. I will start using it and logging on Saturday when I workout with Chris. HAHA. Yeah, he is pretty badass, and a nice guy to boot.

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey MM In regards to looking for a trainer, have you ever thought of looking for a trainer in your area that works with competitors? They will definitely have the nutrition aspect, even if you don't plan on competing. My friend is a figure competitor and her coach works with non-competitors as well and does both training and nutrition.

Killer workouts in here!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Hey MM In regards to looking for a trainer, have you ever thought of looking for a trainer in your area that works with competitors? They will definitely have the nutrition aspect, even if you don't plan on competing. My friend is a figure competitor and her coach works with non-competitors as well and does both training and nutrition.

Killer workouts in here!
    Yes, I have. The problem is, Lubbock, TX does not have many competitors, therefore even less coaches. I know a figure competitor personally and she trains herself, but her schedule is soo screwy I can't work with her. Then there is another female bodybuilding competitor and I have tried looking her up to see where she trains out of, and my guess is she trains on her own here in town, and when need be goes out of town for a coach. My trainer's business partner used to compete and he actually coaches a bunch of guys for shows, and I used him a few months ago for the diet, but he was sooo scatterbrained (he was taking on a new endeavor - opening a crossfit gym) that I don't feel I got much from him in terms of support and whatnot. MY trainer, Chris, is the closest I have come to what I am looking for. The two things I feel he is missing, is developing a solid nutrition plan (he even admits to not wanting to do that part), and putting a foot up my ass when I need it. I know it sounds weird, but I need someone to have a certain level of expectation FROM me. I love having that responsibility that someone is depending on me to perform, whether it be in a job or training or even my diet.

Most likely I will stay with Chris, and probably look online for a nutrition coach. Toni West actually does this, and I need to contact her to see how much she charges.

facepulls

150x8 WHOLE STACK!!!! Video below
    Noice.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Strong facepulls, I know you said you thought you looked puffy but you really don't look like you're anywhere near 213, mind=blown, must be a lot taller IRL. Holy fark at that DL.
    Current PRs:

Thanks hobbes.

Ok, ladies and gents. My new log is up here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149709493

Please follow me over there as I challenge myself these next 45 days to closeout the year with a bang!

I will be doing most of my workout postings over there for now. Ramblings of other life stuff will still go here.

So, a funny "Life in the Deli" story:

Lady comes up and asks a co-worker if we had any chimichangas on the hot bar. We do sell them but we don't carry them all the time, and told her that it would talk 15 minutes to cook them up. She thens says, "well, Ok. Let me just get one of those burritos then." My co-worker proceeds to get the burrito and customer goes on to explain to him "My husband has had an upset stomach today and I want to make sure I don't get him anything that will make it worse. Hopefully he will be able to keep this down." berstare.jpg. For F-sake, she could have at least gotton him a corndog. ;-)

In other news, I received my bb.com amino recovery product from Kate Kennedy from one of the sponsored promos. The way the thread made it sound, it was going to take a while, but NOPE! It's here now. I am going to wait to start this product log a bit later, so I am not overlapping too much, even though they are different products entirely. I want to make sure I give each product log equal attention. But, if it works as good as it looks (I like the color blue) I am super excited. Just like I am entranced with the Muscle Pharm Line just because of it's design, I am falling for the bb.com line for the same reasons. haha.

So, a funny "Life in the Deli" story:

chimichangas
    burritos
    corndog
    ^^^ Does not sound like any "Deli" I have ever been in........

Deli food:

Mile high Montreal smoked meat on rye.

brb heading over to your new journal.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak