BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)

Halloween Thread: SCARY Moments You've had as a Personal Trainer

For whatever reason....

What are some SCARY moments you have had in your career as a personal trainer?

If you haven't got any, what about SCARY moments while in the gym, at a competition, job interview, etc...

Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First started as a trainer, wasn't paying any mind to my client doing lat pull downs ridiculously fast...so dude ends up hitting his nose on the bar during the concentric phase. In my mind, I was like "GOT DAMN!"...but what came out my mouth was "Are you ok?.....alright good, just a few more reps now"

Also, one of my first clients seemed to be stalking me, sending me random texts like, "I just saw you leave the gym.."
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    First started as a trainer, wasn't paying any mind to my client doing lat pull downs ridiculously fast...so dude ends up hitting his nose on the bar during the concentric phase. In my mind, I was like "GOT DAMN!"...but what came out my mouth was "Are you ok?.....alright good, just a few more reps now"

Also, one of my first clients seemed to be stalking me, sending me random texts like, "I just saw you leave the gym.."
    LOL, I had a few clients that would never slow down and I would daydream that exact scenario...

My scariest moment I guess was when one of my clients canceled on his way to the hospital because he had a pulmonary thrombosis... Not scary because it was anything related to actual training but the guy was a cool dude....

Has anyone had an active client that has passed away at any point of training?
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had a single consultation once with a visually fairly in shape girl in her late teens... i told her to start knocking out some sit ups in a circuit and she couldn't, stating she DIDN'T KNOW HOW. i got her in position, told her to sit up - and she still couldn't, stating she didn't know which muscles to use to bring herself up....

(i would attach a photo of Picard doing a face palm but i dont have enough posts yet haha). GJDM, homo no homo, brahs.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Had an older man I had been working with for two sessions doing a seated row, very simple. He stops, gets a funny look on his face and passes out cold. I had to grab him to stop him from hitting the floor and he weighed about 250 lbs. Got him slowly to the floor with another trainers' help, he woke up and was okay after 20 minutes but imagine thinking your client just had a heart attack/stroke.

dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sounds like he had too many scoops of dat der celltech pre lift. couldn't handle the killer gainz. gjdm on catching him though. no homo.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dirtymcbride View Post
    sounds like he had too many scoops of dat der celltech pre lift. couldn't handle the killer gainz. gjdm on catching him though. no homo.
    The thing he had too many scoops of was ice cream. Good thing I can dead lift 250 lbs.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The two scariest moments for me where in high school. We where maxing on squats and took abreak to get some water. We desided to leave the bar loaded and some freshmen kid and his freinds desided they could do the weight. We came backin just as they got the pins out of the rack and the kid held the weight for about 2 seconds then collapsed. Luckly the safty pins where in and they stopped the weight from crushing him. Looked like some thing out of a loony tones cartoon.
    Second was the bench press. Kid thought it would be cool to try liftign the weights we where using. His friends got the bar up for him but that was about all the bar luckly hit midsternum instead of the neck. Broke his sternum and got him free ride in a ambulance.
    Thought the kid was going to die right there in the bench scary **** when a person is panicing because breathing is difficult but you have to keep him still until the meds arrive. After that we learned to unrack are weights even when taking a water break.
    and yes are suppervison in the gym was very minumal.

SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A younger male model I was working with decided that during the lowest point of a 255lb squat it would be a good idea to take one hand off to "readjust".

He let go of the right side, the bar flung up, and he started falling...I managed to grab the bar, spot him up, and let him rerack it, NO injury and nobody looking over thinking he's a nut or i'm a quack. Sounds a lot less scary than it actually was, I was flipping.

Also, the same client had an issue from an earlier motocross injury...his shoulder randomly popped out of its socket during certain motions....DB chest press is a "certain motion"...I found this out during said chest press. I am lucky that i'm a good spot, and have a good eye for failing and things f***ing up.
    --BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)--

I relate everything to the weight room floor because it works. I gnaw at the edges, and I get work done. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how much weight's in my way, I keep on going. And everyday, every rep, I'm better than the last. This success and this mental toughness carries over to every aspect of life.... Anyone who says it doesn't, just doesn't get it. --Spags

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpagsFitness View Post
    A younger male model I was working with decided that during the lowest point of a 255lb squat it would be a good idea to take one hand off to "readjust".
    should be properly balanced so taking hand off doesnt matter......

edit: i dont get how taking hand off causes weight to slide to one side? lol....was he pulling down with the other hand

was he doing 225lbs on one side and 30 on the other? haha. Seriously though, I'd tell him to drop back the weight back to 135 tops and work on correct form and proprioception.

SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rayr2010 View Post
    should be properly balanced so taking hand off doesnt matter......

edit: i dont get how taking hand off causes weight to slide to one side? lol....was he pulling down with the other hand
    Only because he thought he had to in order to balance the weight...it was balanced, he flipped cuz he realized what he did, and bam, just happened.

Not an everyday thing, very messed up.
    --BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)--

I relate everything to the weight room floor because it works. I gnaw at the edges, and I get work done. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how much weight's in my way, I keep on going. And everyday, every rep, I'm better than the last. This success and this mental toughness carries over to every aspect of life.... Anyone who says it doesn't, just doesn't get it. --Spags

Owennnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not been a PT long, but scariest thing I've had so far is a girl early twenties, after 20 mins of a barely intensive routine stop and say she's light headed, so I asked her when she ate before coming to the gym, the answer? "2 Days ago".

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Owennnn View Post
    Not been a PT long, but scariest thing I've had so far is a girl early twenties, after 20 mins of a barely intensive routine stop and say she's light headed, so I asked her when she ate before coming to the gym, the answer? "2 Days ago".
    One reason I hate training young girls