Petemb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat git - Losing weight, but want to gain muscle too

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice from you guys.

I'm 27 years old, 6'2" and weigh approx 96kg (just over 15 stone).

Just recently I got fed up with my growing waistline due to junk food and static office job, and decided to take action to sort out my body. I've had a couple of 'false dawns' in the past, with starting to work out but gave up after my first session.

Now I'm motivated to change my life once and for all! 2 weeks ago I started a 'diet', called "the abs diet" by David Zinczenko .

My eating habits have changed drastically: I'm eating six meals a day (instead of 2), eating lots of vegetables, whole nuts and seeds, fruit, and lean meats. And no junk! And I am feeling so good, balanced energy levels, not getting tired during day and much more positive outlook!

Since starting the abs diet I have also been following a basic 3 day a week workout concentrating on main exercises like Squats, Bench, biceps, triceps, back and abs etc working out my major muscle groups.

So getting to the point! I can feel the flab going from around my waist, which is great!

BUT is my diet possible restricting any muscle gain from my workout?

Although I am eating lean meats, typically I am not eating LOTS of it, but following the "abs diet" I am eating 60g of chicken with salad and wholegrain carbs, or 110g extra lean beef for another meal with veg. (These are typical examples).

This eating plan/diet is working in helping me lose weight but is it going to restrict me in putting on muscle? I should add I am having 2 whey protein shakes a day too. One in a fruit smoothie, with skimmed milk and one with just water in evening with snack of fruit and almonds.

My goal is two fold:

- To lose the flab, especially gut and chest flab
    - To put some decent muscle on my frame. (Although I am flabby I have skinny arms)

Sorry about long post but I would really appreciate advice from people who have been in same position or understand where I am coming from. Right now I'm super motivated, and looking forward to a healthier, stronger body.

All the best!
    Pete