sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight Lifting while pregnant

I've taken over 8 weeks off from lifting since I had IVF and just wanted to error on the side of caution. Once I get over my first trimester I would like to start light lifting again. Can anyone speak to lifting while pregnant. I know you should lift lighter and higher reps, but any good website or exercise programs for weight lifting/resistance training while pregnant. I definitely miss it! I've been walking an hour a day, but I miss my weights!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First of all, congratulations! How exciting! There was a thread like this over in the female training section: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=646103

You might want to read through it, some of the info may be useful. Emma-Leigh has a link in that thread to other threads pertaining to training in pregnancy and such and there is also a book recommendation, Dr. Clapp's "Exercising Through Your Pregnancy". I've heard a lot of good things about that so I just recently ordered if off of Amazon.

When I first discovered I was pregnant, I did a lot of research about what was okay and what was not and there didn't really seem to be a consensus about how much is too much and what is okay. Most people say the same thing---to check with your doctor because each person is different. I know that you've had IVF and I'm not sure if that makes your pregnancy a high risk one or not, but I definitely understand your reservations. I've had them too and I didn't have IVF. However, my first baby was huge (9.5 lbs) and I worry about pelvic floor damage and that sort of thing. I took it easy in my first tri, in part because I didn't feel well. Now I'm doing lots of walking and light training. Full body workouts 2-3 times per week, but I only spend 40 minutes max per workout and the intensity that I had before isn't there---I'm definitely going lighter in weights with more reps. I'm feeling a lot of aches and pains in my hips and pelvic bones after squats and deadlifts recently, even with lighter weights and less intensity so I might have to stop lower body work for now. I'm listening to my body and personally I feel most comfortable erring on the side of caution. I have plenty of time to get back into shape after baby gets here, but I wouldn't want to do any damage if it can be avoided. It's hard because I was super obsessed with working out before I got pregnant and I do really miss my intense workouts.

So I don't have any advice to offer, but to check out the link and see what your doctor has to say. Good luck to you and again, congratulations! Also remember not to compare yourself to others out there. Some women work out heavily through their pregnancy, doing stuff like running and heavy/intense lifting. But each person is different and what is okay for one woman may not be ideal for another.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply Heidismommy. I looked at your prego pictures and cannot believe you were barely showing at 17 weeks! I'm at 8 weeks and starting to a little, however my diet is not what it used to be. I am so much more focus on a healthy baby and even indulging in sweets a little more...although not too much I figure this is my time to enjoy pregnancy a little. I looked at some videos to try at home as well as I may freeze my gym membership since I can do the workouts at home. Thanks for the advice....yes, everyone is so different and so much conflicting advice!!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sparky141978 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Heidismommy. I looked at your prego pictures and cannot believe you were barely showing at 17 weeks! I'm at 8 weeks and starting to a little, however my diet is not what it used to be. I am so much more focus on a healthy baby and even indulging in sweets a little more...although not too much I figure this is my time to enjoy pregnancy a little. I looked at some videos to try at home as well as I may freeze my gym membership since I can do the workouts at home. Thanks for the advice....yes, everyone is so different and so much conflicting advice!!
    You're welcome and thank you! Actually I feel huge this pregnancy, I definitely started showing a lot earlier with this one than I did with my first. And the weight gain started earlier with this one. But I think changes are always more noticeable to us than to others. I've been the same way with diet, it's changed quite a bit. I'm consuming more carbs, less protein, and I'm including plenty of treats and stuff (I indulged before, but even slightly moreso now). I try to eat healthy, but also give into cravings. You're right, you should be enjoying pregnancy. Now is not a time to be rigid with intake. Working out at home is a good idea. That is what I do and I love it. It'll especially be nice once the baby is here. Sometimes it's hard to make it to the gym with a newborn I'm sure, but when the baby is napping it's a little easier to make some time for a workout. I'm going to allow myself a good 6 weeks for recovery first (esp. if this baby is anywhere near as big as my first). You're right though, so much conflicting advice that sometimes it's best to listen to your gut (after getting the green light to go ahead from the doctor). Good luck!
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    congratulations!! if i remember correctly, hadn't you been trying for a while and/or having problems getting with your period? in any case, very awesome. there's a sticky that has lots of info for you: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=126673253

Yes, great memory. I've been trying for 4 years. I had amenorrhea so I am hoping one pregnancy will get my body moving again...mostly because we cannot afford IVF again! I was reading some info on here about a bodybuilder and how strict she was while pregnant, I guess that works for some, but I feel it's more important to enjoy this time and although eat healthy enjoy some of the things I normally didn't...not to mention I just crave CARBS!!! I had a chicken aversion a few weeks ago and I was in a state of shock!

Thanks everyone, it's been a very long road!

This is a mind game BarbieBoomer_OLD's Avatar
    BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BarbieBoomer_OLD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've taken over 8 weeks off from lifting since I had IVF and just wanted to error on the side of caution. Once I get over my first trimester I would like to start light lifting again. Can anyone speak to lifting while pregnant. I know you should lift lighter and higher reps, but any good website or exercise programs for weight lifting/resistance training while pregnant. I definitely miss it! I've been walking an hour a day, but I miss my weights!
    I work in OB/GYN. This is not a question for BB.com forum members. This is a question for your doctor. Something people don't understand about obstetrics...when things go bad they can go bad very quickly. Please follow the advice of your doctor. Giving up certain aspects of your usual fitness routine is a very small price to pay for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Congratulations on your long awaited pregnancy!
    ~Love this game so much that you will pass that passion on to another person who has seen your dedication, your work, your challenges, your triumphs....then that person, because of you, will love this game too~

~What separates a winner from the rest is not raw talent or physical ability; instead, it is the drive and dedication to work hard every single day, and the heart to go after your dream, no matter how unattainable others think it is~

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BarbieBoomer View Post
    I work in OB/GYN. This is not a question for BB.com forum members. This is a question for your doctor.
    This is what I said when one of my clients was about to have IVF.

Medical issues require medical advice. And carrying through a successful pregnancy is a medical issue.

My client didn't come back to train again, so I assume she got pregnant, and has said nothing because in the first trimester things can be a bit... tentative.

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    obviously you shouldn't be deadlifting etc.... rofl

but light exercise and stretching is great for the mind and body during pregnancy
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42