Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle gaining expectations.

How much muscle can you honestly put on in a month or year? I hear many people say that while bulking you should gain about 1lb per week, and although I know that 1lb won't be pure muscle and no fat; if only 50% of that was fat, you'd gain 2lbs of muscle per month. So 24 pounds of muscle a year. This guy "Scooby" from youtube claims you can only gain 5lbs of muscle tops in a YEAR, and he doesn't even mention anything about "newbie" gains.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/expectations.htm
    Momentum Novice: https://www.fit-philosophy.com/blogs/strength-muscle/momentum-free-beginners-routine
    531 Momentum Routine: https://www.fit-philosophy.com/blogs/strength-muscle/531-momentum

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chaoszx View Post
    How much muscle can you honestly put on in a month or year? I hear many people say that while bulking you should gain about 1lb per week, and although I know that 1lb won't be pure muscle and no fat; but even if only 50% of that was fat, you'd gain 2lbs of muscle per month. So 24 pounds of muscle a year. This guy "Scooby" from youtube claims you can only gain 5lbs of muscle tops in a YEAR, and he doesn't even mention anything about "newbie" gains.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/expectations.htm
    Don't listen to Scooby. /thread
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Piece of helpful advice: don't listen to anything that the scooby faggot says.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

Get big or die trying JacqueAttack's Avatar
    JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For beginners, its possible to put on 20lbs of muscle for a year. Of course him being a veteran in bodybuilding, he would be lucky to put on 2lb of muscle a year naturally. I would say he's at his peak atm, and maintaining for him would be extremely difficult. Scooby gives okay advice, but his videos are usually aimed for beginners and/or obese people. I don't agree with all of his videos however. For example, he says egg yolks are bad. The yolk contains the most vitamins, and the dietary cholestrol doesn't raise the cholestrol levels in your body. Also, he is hypocritical. For example, he exagerrates the need to eat real food and stay away from supplements. If you've seen one of his videos before, he takes like 6 scoops of whey a day. Overall, I'd say that his advice is only good for people who are new to bodybuilding.

Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chaoszx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did I mention he's ****in' creepy as hell?
    Momentum Novice: https://www.fit-philosophy.com/blogs/strength-muscle/momentum-free-beginners-routine
    531 Momentum Routine: https://www.fit-philosophy.com/blogs/strength-muscle/531-momentum

BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrensTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Unless you have been working out for long enough to have your genetics figured out, having expecations on how much muscle you can potentially gain in a year is pointless, and potentially depressing when you don't live up to your expectations

I'm a hard gainer and i'd honestly assume i've only gained about 8-10kg of pure muscle in the 2 years i've been working out, with strict diet and good consistency