ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajb316 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Time restricted workouts

I'm currently working out for about 90mins at the moment and think I am overtraining as my lifts have stalled.

Due to a number of outside factors I am going to be restricted time wise for the next few months and am planning to switch to a high intensity 30-40min early morning (6:30am) session.

Has anyone had any good experiences with shorter workouts and muscle gains? I am going to be restricted to 15-20 working sets maximum.
    My Big 4 Lifts:

Squat: 140kg x 5
    Bench: 110kg x 3
    Deadlift: 180kg x 2
    Military Press: 70kg x 2

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ajb316 View Post
    I'm currently working out for about 90mins at the moment and think I am overtraining as my lifts have stalled.

Due to a number of outside factors I am going to be restricted time wise for the next few months and am planning to switch to a high intensity 30-40min early morning (6:30am) session.

Has anyone had any good experiences with shorter workouts and muscle gains? I am going to be restricted to 15-20 working sets maximum.
    30 to 40 mins high intensity is definitely within your parameters with the 40 mins session. Just be sure to time your rests between sets. If you keep the rest 45 to 60 sec max then you'll be in the HITT zone and you'll easily be within your time constraints.

Cheers

buffbong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You definatly can get in solid workouts in that time frame. You will probally grow from the added rest and increased intensity.
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buffbong View Post
    You definatly can get in solid workouts in that time frame. You will probally grow from the added rest and increased intensity.
    this^^^
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.