Thread: ZMA Vs Casein

chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ZMA Vs Casein

Alright everyone,Quick question..... so What is better for building muscle at night? ZMA (Which helps to keep Test. levels peaked) Or Casein (Which helps your body feed while you sleep, Anti-Catabolic supplement.) Please explain in detail why you think your answer is right, greatly appreciated- Wolverine.
    I Collect Reps like i Collect STD's Nom Sayin?
    BIG D (Wolverine)- Smaller than tomorrow, bigger than yesterday.
    I will not give up. I Will not let the world pass me by.. I WILL TRANSFORM AND I WILL NOT DIE!
    Vassive!
    "its all about training the mind first, then training the body, then all will flow evenly...." - Chipper1 *ME!*
    August 2nd- 300lbs....May 23rd- 195lbs....

xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Both cheap and effective.

But, they are both different. Casein is great for slow digesting protein to help maintain muscle. ZMA is great for natural testosterone production along with a great nights sleep.
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

2k+

JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000) JohnnyOhhh is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is just my own personal opinion- from my experience with it- but I didn't feel like ZMA did much. I know many people say it helps them sleep but I didn't really feel much of a difference.

I would guess that casein would be better for building muscle as it actually contains protein, as opposed to ZMA which is just zinc+magnesium. Even if it did boost testosterone (still controversial) you'd need the protein to actually grow.
    new log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=690964161#post690964161

"When it comes to training (and life in general for that matter), many people erroneously think that all you have to do to succeed is work hard. Unfortunately, this isn't true. You have to work intelligently." -Dr. Clay Hyght

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why not take both? They serve different purposes.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipper1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

re

i would if i could, but ZMA will not work as effectively because of the Calcium in the Casein. Calcium blocks some receptors for ZMA.
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    Why not take both? They serve different purposes.
    I will not give up. I Will not let the world pass me by.. I WILL TRANSFORM AND I WILL NOT DIE!
    Vassive!
    "its all about training the mind first, then training the body, then all will flow evenly...." - Chipper1 *ME!*

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chipper1 View Post
    i would if i could, but ZMA will not work as effectively because of the Calcium in the Casein. Calcium blocks some receptors for ZMA.
    Well then it depends on you I guess. How do you feel your test levels are? And how tired are you usually? If you lack energy and/or motivation then ZMA is best. However if you're already pretty well rested all the time and are pumped throughout the day to go to the gym then chances are you don't need tons of more testosterone to keep you going. In which case take the casein.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

i feel pretty good, somedays i need a pre-workout, some days i dont, i mean when i sleep i sleep pretty well, sometimes its hard to sleep but i blame that on taking the pre-workout late. Also my Post workout (Bullrush) has 22mg of ZMA and my multi has 15mg, so i think i should be covered? so i might as well just get a casein for bed time.
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    Well then it depends on you I guess. How do you feel your test levels are? And how tired are you usually? If you lack energy and/or motivation then ZMA is best. However if you're already pretty well rested all the time and are pumped throughout the day to go to the gym then chances are you don't need tons of more testosterone to keep you going. In which case take the casein.
    Last edited by chipper1; 10-24-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Vassive!

keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keembo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Casein. Ads for ZMA might state that they raise test levels but honestly, people only use it for a better night's sleep. Even for the people that do use it for a better nights sleep complain that it doesn't work.

1 scoop of ON Casein at night with some milk and 2 scoops natural peanut butter will be optimal for protein synthesis and anti-catabolism during your sleep.

Keembo
    "But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."
    -Rocky

rehide11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm also chalenging to combine these two together. So what if I take ZMA and an hour later my Caseine shake? I assume that in an hour ZMA would be completely absorbed in the stomach. What do you think guys?

RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lmao. I lost brain cells reading this thread

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Casein not needed. You should simply get enough g of protein in during the day.
    ZMA is however useful.