prototypepratt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

post workout issues

Hey guys this might sound kind of noobish but I wanna know if other people are having these issues as well. I start with my pre-workout (Assault creatine) when I am lifting my upper body (pecs, triceps, bi's), after my workout I feel great. My muscles are really big (like they are swollen) and I assume this is because of the hard work I put them through. But anyway, they are really tight and stiff like they should be and I take my post workout shake (Sytha-6). After about an hour my muscles shrink down to normal size and I have not been seeing the increase in muscles like I would like and I have been doing this for about 3 months now. I mean my strength has been increasing but my muscles just aren't getting bigger how I would like them to. I take rest days like I should and I am consuming at least 1.5 gallons a day of water but I am not seeing any improvements. Is anyone else having these issues and is there anything that I really can do about it?

klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems like you're on track for everything except for one key element. This is perhaps the most important part of bodybuilding.

Diet.

If you aren't growing, the first thought I have is you may be eating too little.

Well generally I am eating at least 3 meals a day with snacking in between, so I would say I am consuming at least 4000 cal/day. Could this be from a High motabolism?

klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klspn6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Woah 4,000 calories is ton. You're only 160 lbs. Are you seeing growth in any other areas?

Did you take pictures before you started and compared to now? If not, how about body measurements?

Maybe you're used to looking at yourself. Anybody say, "Dude you're looking big" lately?

No not at all. I am active in the army so that may have something to do with it but other than that ive been the same size since I graduated high school. Like I said my strength has been increasing very steady and I haven't hit a plain yet that I couldn't get over, my muscles just aren't increasing as much as I thought they would. Plus high metabolism runs in the family so I am starting to think this is a major catalyst in this issue.

Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apocalypto08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't just assume you're taking in 4,000 kcal, count all of it and then get back to us. There are websites that can help you with this, like My Fitness Pal or swole.me. Objective measurements are always better than just hazarding a guess, and this includes muscle size - maybe you should bust out the tape measure.

If you genuinely have a high metabolism, then you just need to eat even more. If you're staying the same weight with what you're eating, then add another 500 kcal and see how it works for you.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by prototypepratt View Post
    Well generally I am eating at least 3 meals a day with snacking in between, so I would say I am consuming at least 4000 cal/day. Could this be from a High motabolism?
    When I first began lifting, I assumed I was eat over 3k a day. I was at about 2400ish. Once you get the feel for counting calories, you no longer have to be so strict, (unless you want to), in counting them.

Well I know I am at least for sure taking 3000/day. its just snacking is what has me guessing 4000.

But I will for sure start counting and keeping track a little more. I just need to go out and buy a tape to do some measurements.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by prototypepratt View Post
    But I will for sure start counting and keeping track a little more. I just need to go out and buy a tape to do some measurements.
    Why. Just bulk and don't measure. O.o