Revelation27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Supplement usage/ Am I doing it right?

So here's my question. I want to try to lose fat and gain muscle. I have about 15% body fat and want to drop down to 9% and at the same time gain muscle. I started power lifting so I am doing heavy wieghts about 5-6 times a week. As for cardio I play Rugby for 1 1/2 hours for 3 days and I try doing 1-2 HIIT exercises on days that I don't play the sport. I am currently using a creatine (preworkout amplifier by muscle tech) supplement about 20-30 min before my powerlifting workouts in the mornings. I wanted to know if i could also use whey protein right after as well? Will this affect my weight loose? Am I doing it right? Will using both supplements help gain muscle while loosing weight? By the way, I try to eat food with mainly protein. I am trying to cut down on the carbs.

Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lexira has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Revelation27 View Post
    So here's my question. I want to try to lose fat and gain muscle. I have about 15% body fat and want to drop down to 9% and at the same time gain muscle. I started power lifting so I am doing heavy wieghts about 5-6 times a week. As for cardio I play Rugby for 1 1/2 hours for 3 days and I try doing 1-2 HIIT exercises on days that I don't play the sport. I am currently using a creatine (preworkout amplifier by muscle tech) supplement about 20-30 min before my powerlifting workouts in the mornings. I wanted to know if i could also use whey protein right after as well? Will this affect my weight loose? Am I doing it right? Will using both supplements help gain muscle while loosing weight? By the way, I try to eat food with mainly protein. I am trying to cut down on the carbs.
    Not sure if srs.

Your goals are contradicting each other. Building Muscle ( Caloric surplus ) Loosing weight ( Caloric deficit ) eating clean and cutting on carbs will help one of these goals and not both unless you have some crazy genetics or on illegal stuff.

Whey broton should be used to help you reach your macros. It's not a magical supplement it's just powdered food.

So yeah head to the nutrition section and ask there and find your self a proper diet and figure out macros.
    -"Your Finance Manager is stupid" - Lexira to Executive Officer.

-I am God's vengeance to ladies for what they do to men.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    (As stated) Your goals are contradictory, as a beginner you may experience some body recomposition (losing fat/building muscle simultaneously) during the first bit of your training...however it'll occur naturally, do not try to focus on this as a goal.

Pick a primary route and stick with it.

Creatine is not a timing dependent supplement, simply dose 3-5g/day for the first month or so and from there you can drop it down to training days only and you will maintain saturation.

Protein should be utilized as needed in meeting your daily dietary requirement, if you wish to consume it post-workout it is fine to do so, but it is not NECESSARY.

Sounds like you may have some misconceptions about nutrition and I'd advise you to head over to the 'Nutrition Section' located here ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Spend some time reading the sticky threads and asking any questions you have about proper dieting/meal construction.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781