Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Your 5/3/1 questions (and many others) answered

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...531-questions/

Superb article, worth the read, hell I would say worth a sticky as well.

Posting this in both Workout Programs and Exercises, mods, forgive me if you think this is excessive.
    Served two years in the military. Respect all military brahs!

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

**Los Angeles Lakers** **Kobe Bryant** **Derrick Rose**

I DO not REP BACK.

People who have to rep me for life:
    GreasyBurger, AVOJAMACADA, Cuhh

I am Powerlifter the next arnold's Avatar
    the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great article, I have been going balls to the wall on my last set so its good to get some clarification on when to do it and how much to leave in the tank.

SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No one does 5/3/1?!

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

I DO not REP BACK.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I'm doing 5,3,1 right now. I just can't imagine someone having any real questions. LOL.

It's very simple and well explained, not to mention versatile enough that you have to really try in order to screw it up.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Meh, thought it was a really good read. A little disappointed at the lukewarm response, haha.

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

I DO not REP BACK.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Oh, don't get me wrong Ilike the article but I think people are reading your thread title ad thining this is a question and answer thread.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alextheassassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in love with 5/3/1, I have been doing it for about 4 months now and I have seen huge gains, I can now get about 9 reps on what I used to get 1 rep on bench, squat used to be my most hated lift and now it is my favorite I can get 10-15 reps of my old max! I will probably use it the rest of my life. Thanks Wendler!

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Repost from the 5/3/1 writeup thread. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post512176253

I really don't see the point of stickying this thread.
    Last edited by Koaia; 10-28-2010 at 03:48 AM.

gethuge135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gethuge135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What exactly is 5/3/1?
    "Dream-sacrafice-victory"
    Henry Cejudo Olympic gold medalist

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gethuge135 View Post
    What exactly is 5/3/1?
    You would have faster access to information if you did a search. You can read more about the program in the 5/3/1 writeup. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112382761

I understand that the title of this thread --- Your 5/3/1 questions (and many more) answered --- is kind of misleading because one might conclude that this is a Q & A thread when it isn't. The intention of this thread is to provide a link to an article on EFS where 52 questions about 5/3/1 are answered. The mod who stickied it probably believed this would be a Q & A.

But if you want to read through a good thread with a lot of information, the 5/3/1 writeup thread which I already linked to is a better bet.

nikeair01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nikehshox

Thanks for your share.very good.

jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10) jumpin jack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice read. So it looks as if super setting the assistance lifts is fine with Jim? Is that the way you guys understand it?

Originally Posted by jumpin jack View Post
    Nice read. So it looks as if super setting the assistance lifts is fine with Jim? Is that the way you guys understand it?
    Wendler probably wouldn't be opposed to it provided the main lifts keep going up.

gethuge135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gethuge135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When do you max out? How many weeks?

Originally Posted by gethuge135 View Post
    When do you max out? How many weeks?
    You don't "max out" on 5/3/1. Before starting the program, you can test your 1RM or calculate one with a formula (weight * 0.0333 * reps + weight = 1RM), and then reduce it by 10%. You use the reduced 1RM to calculate your weights for the following weeks. You work up to 85% of your reduced max for 5+ your first week, 90% for 3+ reps your second, and 95% for 1+ for your third. You should try to set PRs as often as possible. Your fourth week is a deload week.

I ran the program for a few months, but I think the reduced frequency and low volume kept me from progressing as well as I could on a simpler program.

At your stage in training, you would probably do better on a simpler program as well. Anything that focuses on the big lifts and plans for progression daily or weekly would work well.

VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Training day!!!

Heavy squats!!!
    Heavy deadlifts!!!
    Heavy presses!!!

Fiending to get jacked!!!!!!!!!
    "The greatest obstacle each of us must overcome is ourselves." -some wise guy

Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dobbsde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5/3/1

This program is awesome great for Long term slow gains. It is a smart way to increase strength.

weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000) weak704 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Just started my 3rd cycle. Everything has been going good so far

Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't know it. seems great

stashington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    has anyone tried doing the pull ups between every pushing exercise? is this not a little excessive?

dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dixieland1204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stashington View Post
    has anyone tried doing the pull ups between every pushing exercise? is this not a little excessive?
    I have done his football training that he came out with in march and it asks you to do pullups between your main sets... I was doing 5 pullups between each set until i got to 50 reps a day. I could do 20 reps in a row when it was all said and done and that was at 254 pounds. It is a great way to increase your pullup strength

Trank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    has anyone tried to have wednsday and the weekend as their off day? will it mess up my gains?

kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) kennethbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've completed 15 weeks of 5/3/1 thus far, and I absolutely LOVE it. I love its simplicity and effectiveness. Before starting, my best lifts in the big three were:

Squat: 225 x 6
    Deadlift: 285 x 5
    Bench: 200 x 1

It's important to remember that I had tried numerous times to beat these PRs over the past few years, and these were the best I had ever done. In other words, I didn't just bang these out the week before starting the program to determine my 1RM. I could never get past these limits, and had started thinking they might represent my top genetic possibility. I'm now pushing age 35 and have been training for a LONG time, even competing in five bodybuilding competitions the past two years. Anyhow, after fifteen weeks (I started in mid-August), these are the best lifts I've done on 5/3/1:

Squat: 240 x 13 (that was on one of my 1-rep days!)
    Deadlift: 295 x 8
    Bench: 185 x 7

Obviously, none of these lifts are that impressive, even for a guy my size (136 lbs. contest weight). However, the IMPROVEMENT certainly is!

Anyhow, if you don't find excuses to not squat and deadlift, and if you have the PATIENCE and fortitude to stick to a plan (I'm planning to follow 5/3/1 for a total of about one year), I really think you'll like the program. Whether it's the single greatest strength program in the world, I have no idea. However, it has me now using weights and performing sets that were unimaginable to me just a few months ago.

daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have a question, is this suitable for beginners(ive been working out for roughly 7 months. did 3 months of westside for skinny bastards and then 4 months of starting strength, my lifts are still under the 200's though).i want something more mass oriented thats why i want to switch to this.

beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beast1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I been doing 5 3 1 for the last year. Never been stronger.

skrayd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your 5/3/1 questions and many others ans

alright i dont wanna be mean or anything guys, but are some of the questions copied and pasted from the already answered questions from that old thread that was made about 2 weeks ago?

Im just wondering.

Thanks

ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5/3/1 on a cutting diet

I am on a cut currently, have lost about 10 lbs so far, still need to lose about 15 lbs more of fat...will take me a few months..

I am thinking of trying the 5/3/1 strength training program, but is this a bad time for me to do it?

Will it be a waste of time to try 5/3/1 during a fat loss phase?

Originally Posted by ConanDestroyer View Post
    I am on a cut currently, have lost about 10 lbs so far, still need to lose about 15 lbs more of fat...will take me a few months..

I am thinking of trying the 5/3/1 strength training program, but is this a bad time for me to do it?

Will it be a waste of time to try 5/3/1 during a fat loss phase?
    5/3/1 is meant for advanced lifters. You're not. Don't bother.

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

I DO not REP BACK.

ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConanDestroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SgSpartan View Post
    5/3/1 is meant for advanced lifters. You're not. Don't bother.
    What determines if someone is "advanced" ?

And if you feel I'm not ready for this program, what should I do instead to increase strength?

phlocka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you incorporate biceps into this? Are they even allowed?