Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Shrinking but not losing much weight

I'm not sure what is going on with me. I am badly overweight after having severe health problems and injury that lead me from being a very active person to being unable to even walk. I still can't walk much due to terrible bone on bone arthritis.

I have been losing inches as in 4 inch decrease in waist but have only lost 4 lbs weight. All my clothes are hanging off me even bras. I have a lot of loose skin. Yet weight is not decreasing. I'm assuming I am gaining muscle faster than losing fat however I need to get to a lower weight to take the pressure off my knee joints.

Here's my workout routine: I workout 5 days a week lifting weights 1-1 1/2 hours a day plus 45 minutes on exercise bike followed by 15 mins on rowing machine. I cannot do treadmills or ellipticals because of my knee problems. I am adjusting my eating habits and have done away with all bread, eat veggies and meat, no soda not even diet sodas and do not eat fast food or prepacked foods.

In order to eat healthy I have had to isolate myself from all family and friends as all they want to do is go out and eat unhealthy foods. I was working out 6-7 days a week and not having any problems with it but a two trainers at my gym told me to stop it and take 2 days off to rest body. Meanwhile on the weekends I feel depressed when I am not working out.

Is this just a phase where I am shrinking but not losing much weight and it will get better? I really don't know what else to do as I am eating healthy and working out min 2 hours a day. I want to lose weight but also have nice defined muscles as a woman. I love the way the pro women bodybuilders at my gym look. They have advised me I am doing right thing but to stop weighing myself.

Has anyone been through this of having to lose a massive amount of weight by lifting weight and cardio?

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would love to help, need to post your height/weight and calorie break down of all foods you eat. You may be losing some fat, gaining some muscle as you say (they call that noobie gains)..

To answer your over training question - it's easy to fall into the habit of over training, especially as you see results. Think about sustaining that long-term, however, and your trainers are correct - your body needs rest, especially with the joint issues that you're describing. If you feel that guilty about it, then by all means go to the gym, just make days 6 and 7 very light.. mild bike etc..

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to read about the severe health problems! Glad to read though about your diet changes and exercise routine. And that's quite a work out load.

My father sounds the same as you. He works out heavily with weights, along with cardio, and eats similar to you. He also worries over his weight. He looks great! His muscles are well developed now. His body fat is below 10%. But what the scale reads matters most to him. I tell him to worry over body fat, and forget about weight, but he still is concerned about the lbs most.

Remember this article about weight loss causes. If fat loss is difficult to come by, you might want to test your thyroid.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...ight-loss.html

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=ParsleyTea;566612751]Sorry to read about the severe health problems! Glad to read though about your diet changes and exercise routine. And that's quite a work out load.

My father sounds the same as you. He works out heavily with weights, along with cardio, and eats similar to you. He also worries over his weight. He looks great! His muscles are well developed now. His body fat is below 10%. But what the scale reads matters most to him. I tell him to worry over body fat, and forget about weight, but he still is concerned about the lbs most.

Remember this article about weight loss causes. If fat loss is difficult to come by, you might want to test your thyroid.

Thank you for your reply. Actually I do have a slow thyroid, but I take medication for it. I just feel really weird because the size of my clothing has dropped but still hovering around same weight. I need the physical weight to drop to take pressure off my knees plus I am a shortie so I cannot keep carrying this weight around. I used to be a martial artist and want to get back into that too.