Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)

Accepting Insurance, should be more common.

My new Fitness Studio is located in a neighborhood that mainly consists of corporate employees etc, as soon as I started accepting insurance the interest in our services has quadrupled. I mean what excuse do they have not to train if its free to them?
    Find a way to accept insurance and your business will do so much better.
    Last edited by Own3r; 10-21-2010 at 10:32 PM.

liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do u mean accept insurance?
    NSCA - CPT
    First Aid/CPR certified

**Dont forget to rep**

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As in client comes to see me and his health insurance pays for my services

SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Own3r View Post
    As in client comes to see me and his insurance pays for my services
    HOW? In the states this is, correct me if i'm wrong, a HUGE "no-no".
    --BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)--

I relate everything to the weight room floor because it works. I gnaw at the edges, and I get work done. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how much weight's in my way, I keep on going. And everyday, every rep, I'm better than the last. This success and this mental toughness carries over to every aspect of life.... Anyone who says it doesn't, just doesn't get it. --Spags

Originally Posted by SpagsFitness View Post
    HOW? In the states this is, correct me if i'm wrong, a HUGE "no-no".
    Well it really depends on you qualification, in my case since my partner is an RD and I am now a ND, this gives a very broad spectrum of coverage. As long as the individuals are insured for the services provided, it is legitimate.
    Many Gyms here employ chiropractors or osteopaths that overlook the trainings.
    Last edited by Own3r; 10-21-2010 at 10:04 PM.

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Health Insurance in the states don't pay for personal training. Plain and simple.
    If you're a doctor and run your business as a natural treatment with fitness at the core of your treatment then you might be able to get it paid by insurance since you're literally a doctor's practice like a clinic.

This is not the case for personal trainers.

justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10) justinslayer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jphalflion View Post
    Health Insurance in the states don't pay for personal training. Plain and simple.
    If you're a doctor and run your business as a natural treatment with fitness at the core of your treatment then you might be able to get it paid by insurance since you're literally a doctor's practice like a clinic.

Weird how insurance companies won't pay for personal training, but will pay for a % of someone's gym membership

mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrJustinPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Insurance Coverage for Personal Training

You would be quite surprised to hear what has happened, and has been happening, in the world of Personal Training regarding insurance, preventative medicine, medical coverage, and gym memberships.

I recently read an article published by the New York Times about the methods some companies are using to combat the current Healthcare coverage issues in the United States, in an attempt to keep down coverage costs on employees.

There are a number of company's that have designed "incentive" programs for employees, most of which state, that if the employee is going to a gym so many times per month, the company will pay the membership fee.

While working at Equinox Fitness in Santa Monica, CA, I worked with a few members with such benefits. They would have the front desk print out a record of the number of times they scanned in to the gym each month and would simply hand it in at work. Talk about an awesome deal, no?

There are also other incentive programs where companies are paying clients to lose weight and maintain a healthy BMI. These programs have been shown, in some cases, to not be as effective, as they have experienced employees starving themselves to reach their "goal", receiving their incentive, and then going back to their old habits.

There has been both success and failure in these innovative attempts, but the concept does exist and is being practiced in the corporate world.

Personal Training is getting closer to becoming a part of that, and I have made it my own personal mission to see that it does.

The overall idea is that a company can potentially save hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run, paying their employees to work out and stay in shape; as opposed to having to pay to treat diabetes, obesity, and/or cardiovascular related health problems 5 to 10 years down the road.

Here's another awesome example of the industry taking another step in the right direction.

When I was training at New York Sports Club in NY, roughly 3 years ago now, I had a client that was a 72 year old woman. Her medical coverage covered up to 60% of the cost of her personal training sessions under a reimbursement policy.

Her particular medical coverage decided a woman at her age should be covered for such forms of "Preventative Medicine." Obviously, she was a senior citizen, which played heavily in the decision of the insurance company to cover the expenses, but never-the-less, it is evidence that this industry has the potential to move in the right direction.

The objective here is to legitimize the industry by continuing to increase education, background, and experience requirements for personal trainers; legitimize the services provided by personal trainers through the standardization of program design and results tracking; and (probably one of the fastest ways this bridge can be built) is placing an emphasis on Corrective Exercise (possibly even making it a requirement for all personal trainers), whereas every personal trainer is qualified to treat Post-Rehabilitation Patients.

The reason the last point is so important is because insurance in this country is not a huge fan of "Preventative Medicine." Their motto is, "You get hurt. We'll pay. You're not hurt? You pay."

Patients are already getting the benefits of coverage in Physical Therapy. The way I see it, Personal Training and Corrective Exercise can logically become the next, very necessary, step in that program to full recovery.

How many post rehab clients have you had that have said, "Wow, I'm making so much more progress here than I ever made in Physical Therapy."

Physical Therapy is a critical component to surgery and injury recovery, but it is quite obvious, even in my own experience, the level of healing that occurs when these patients follow-up with Personal Training... it's astounding).

We have already begun to bridge the gap, but, as I said before, it is my personal mission to continue this push. Personal Training is something I believe in, and the second we can focus on improving the quality of the industry, the quality of the service, the quality of the service providers, and begin to quantify their values, personal trainers may finally be in a position where financial security and job security don't seem so distant.

I would really LOVE to post these articles, but this website won't let me link yet!

Google it, and you will find some incredible reads on the topics discussed above.

SupertrainerHQ
    Last edited by mrJustinPierce; 10-22-2010 at 12:05 PM.

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by justinslayer View Post
    Weird how insurance companies won't pay for personal training, but will pay for a % of someone's gym membership
    That's bc a gym membership costs a lot less monthly IMO.

Functional fitness is the core of our treatments and that is the reason it works for us.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's bc a gym membership costs a lot less monthly IMO.
    why "IMO"? It's not an opinion, it's a fact! lol..
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not the case at all, i train my mom who is a teacher and has insurance with blue cross blue shield and her insurance pays me to train her...related or not, its a health service and they accepted it, so its a sweet deal for me
    VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS " Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

I wanna be freaky big at 6'5''

ACE certified PT

SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigredelts View Post
    Not the case at all, i train my mom who is a teacher and has insurance with blue cross blue shield and her insurance pays me to train her...related or not, its a health service and they accepted it, so its a sweet deal for me
    repped for the BEST setup ever.
    --BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)--

I relate everything to the weight room floor because it works. I gnaw at the edges, and I get work done. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how much weight's in my way, I keep on going. And everyday, every rep, I'm better than the last. This success and this mental toughness carries over to every aspect of life.... Anyone who says it doesn't, just doesn't get it. --Spags

Registered Ginger Muscle Mania Matt's Avatar
    Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

not exactly true. it might be state dependent, but in Idaho under certain conditions it's acceptable.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew

jmmcgaha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Own3r!!!!!!
    I'm contracting out personal training to several health clubs! How did you accept insurance?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can't - unless you are a professional that is covered by benefit plans. As he said (two years ago) he was a naturopathic doctor. Chiropractors, massage therapists and physios can also claim that their "training" can be covered under benefits, they just don't say that it's personal training.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't see health insurance ever covering personal training. You don't need more than half a brain for business to realize that personal training isn't worth the cost to a health insurance company. For sake of argument, let's assume at $50/session, 2x a week, it would cost $5,200 a year for personal training. For an insurance company to offer this benefit, they would likely expect savings of at least $8,000-10,000 per year. I'm sorry, but I don't see it. This would not be the norm.

I'm sorry if my saying it has become tiresome, but personal training is a luxury and not an efficient delivery of fitness services. If I could charge $10/session and get similar results in a group setting, this would only cost around $1,000 per year for the same frequency. In the future, insurance companies might decide that by enrolling higher risk clients into a program such as this, they might actually save $2,000-3,000 per year. They might decide that this is a sound investment.

Money is what motivates insurance companies. Until everyone figures that out, they will continue to look for some loophole, or complain that insurance companies don't cover personal training.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guess what everyone if insurance starts to cover personal training you will make less money and work more. Also the quality of clients you get will be ****ty.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Guess what everyone if insurance starts to cover personal training you will make less money and work more. Also the quality of clients you get will be ****ty.
    This is true. The few times I have had clients where insurance is paying for it they are generally not as committed and they will only sign up for limited time while their free sessions last. Then they expect incredible results in shortened time.

jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Not if you do not accept Medicaid like many private practice MD's. Less clients though with the advancement of Obamacare. Honestly, the only way I can see private or public insurance covering personal training is under the referral from primary care, just like any other specialist. The guidelines to call yourself a personal trainer are so unregulated currently, there would need to be significant revisions.
    Owner, Murray Health and Fitness
    www.MurrayHealthandFitness.com

Have questions? Feel free to contact me