Thread: Cutting phase

flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100)

Cutting phase

hey guys whats up.

I was reading this article that i found browsing on the net about this bodybuilder's cutting phase. In his article he states that their is an offseason to his program and then their is a cutting phase for about 3 weeks.

Here is how it goes:

offseason: 1 cardio workout per week for 25min 50% intensity
    week 1: 2 cardio workouts per week at 30min each at 55% intensity
    week 2: 3 cardio workouts per week at 30min 60 % intensity
    week 3: 4 cardio workouts per week at 35min 65% intensity

Anyways: i have a few questions about this and cutting in general.

Goals: I really want to have nice abs. But i don't want to have lean muscle. I want to have big arm muscles, chest, and just get big overall.

Question 1: After my 3 week cutting phase will i lose just fat and maintain my overal weight. I don't want to go any lower than 5'9 175lbs.

Question 2: How do i not lose muscle but lose fat. Is it all about high carbs/high protein with low calories or what.

Question 3: Can i still weight lift and if so, when would i fit my cardio sessions into my weight lifting schedule. I lift weights monday-friday with wednesday off.
    How long would i do my cardio.
    I know everyone is different. But can i kind some general advice on the CUTTING PHASE.
    Thanks
    Last edited by flex321; 10-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    why not HIIT?

"I really want to have nice abs. But i don't want to have lean muscle. I want to have big arm muscles, chest, and just get big overall."

wth does that even mean? if you don't want lean muscle why are you cutting? if you want to get big overall why are you cutting? if you just want "nice abs" go get liposuction.

Question 1: i don't think your height will go down too much on a cut...
    Question 2: yes + or what.
    Question 3: duh? fit it in where you can. do it as long as you want.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by flex321 View Post
    Question 1: After my 3 week cutting phase will i lose just fat and maintain my overal weight. I don't want to go any lower than 5'9 175lbs.

Question 2: How do i not lose muscle but lose fat. Is it all about high carbs/high protein with low calories or what.

Question 3: Can i still weight lift and if so, when would i fit my cardio sessions into my weight lifting schedule. I lift weights monday-friday with wednesday off.
    How long would i do my cardio.
    I know everyone is different. But can i kind some general advice on the CUTTING PHASE.
    Thanks
    1) You can base your cardio routine off of what you read, but you should not follow it to the letter. You will have to adjust to your own caloric intake and metabolism. If your metabolism is faster than his or if you are eating less than him, you will drop weight. Also, with any significant fat loss, a loss of weight is to be expected.

2)Limit your calorie intake but not at the expense of protein. So basically, eat a lot of protein and limit (not eliminate) every other macronutrient. Or continue to eat a balanced diet and do a lot of cardio.

3)Tacked onto the end of you resistance training is fine. Early in the morning before eating. Or you can do it on your off-days. How long you do it depends on you, and when you choose to do it. If at the end of weight lifting, I'd try 20 minutes at a good pace for about 2 weeks, track your progress, and increase or decrease as neccesary. If during an off-day, 45 and adjust as needed.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100) flex321 is not very well liked. (-100)

hey

Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    1) You can base your cardio routine off of what you read, but you should not follow it to the letter. You will have to adjust to your own caloric intake and metabolism. If your metabolism is faster than his or if you are eating less than him, you will drop weight. Also, with any significant fat loss, a loss of weight is to be expected.

2)Limit your calorie intake but not at the expense of protein. So basically, eat a lot of protein and limit (not eliminate) every other macronutrient. Or continue to eat a balanced diet and do a lot of cardio.

3)Tacked onto the end of you resistance training is fine. Early in the morning before eating. Or you can do it on your off-days. How long you do it depends on you, and when you choose to do it. If at the end of weight lifting, I'd try 20 minutes at a good pace for about 2 weeks, track your progress, and increase or decrease as neccesary. If during an off-day, 45 and adjust as needed.
    thanks appreciate the advice. But if you go past 45minutes on off days don't you lose muscle instead of fat. I thought i heard going past 30minutes you lose muscle as well as fat. Ya i do hit all the time. I never do a steady pace for cardio