Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darb77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone had a PRP injection?

I am scheduled to get a PRP injection friday on my left knee (patellar tendon). I have a pretty bad tear that wont seem to heal. My insurance is going to pay for this and thought I would give it a go.

Is this a pretty painful procedure?
    Did it help you alot?
    How long was the down time with the bodypart injected?
    Was it real sore afterward?

I am kinda nervous about doing this but I have been through therapy and done everything I could and still have issues with my knee. I was hoping to get some feedback from some people who had a PRP injection.

Thanks.

CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have not gotten one, but best of luck with the operation.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Note -- have not had the shot done. But I do have some knowledge about how it works thus I'll attempt to answer your Q's

1. It's like a shot you would get for a vaccine... painful but not crazy extreme or anything like that. Well, depending on where they put the needle.

2. Most research shows that PRP/autologous blood injection/prolo/etc. tend to get about 70-90% success rate with recovery of function. So..... it's likely you'll see some benefit.

3. Ask the docs who is injecting you. They would know more. SPECIFICALLY ask them about proper rehabilitation work.

Based on how it works it's probably light activity maybe working back in more or less over about 6-8 weeks. But I could be wrong.

4. Should be somewhat. Nothing more than like a regular bout of DOMS though. It's just stimulating some inflammation in the area to help it heal. Might be wrong about this too, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

A step from insanity nemesisman's Avatar
    nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as brain said there are many different ways to approach knee problems now. many physicians are trying injections, therapy etc before surgery. I would just get the injection and move forward. im sure it wont feel pretty but its probably better than getting opened up. good luck and let us know how it goes.
    You call it obsession, I call it passion.
    www.insanitymd.blogspot.com

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I asked my shoulder doc about PRP injections and they mainly do them with surgery to speed up recovery. So there aren't that many out there doing them as I thought. They have mostly done them in office for elbow tendonitis with good success. Their office charges $400-600 per treatmant, which is a lot better than surgery that carries at least a $500 co-pay for a hospital visit. Not to mention a faster recovery.

Not sure where my shoulder problem will end up, nice to have options though.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Msavard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How was the recovery? I am scheduled to get a PRP injection on my right patella. I play college baseball and Im trying to decide whether to get the injection now and miss the first week or two of practice or wait for the end of the season. How long before you could use the knee? Would I be able to swing a bat 3 weeks after the injection?

Thanks