Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question about bulking?/

so im on my first day on my first bulking phase
    i was losing fat befoore and i got my BF to 15-16% and im bulking right now
    BTW im 5' 10' and 158 lbs 17 years old
    i was going on the 2 weeks bulking 2 weeks cutting to minimize fat gain

my maintenance is 2250 daily im taking 2550 in my first 2 weeks and then cutting to 2000 in my second 2 weeks
    and this goes on and on for about 3 months....

is this gonna make me gain muscle cause i just need to bulk without gaining much fat

yeah and i almost forgot : is glutamine necessary to minimize muscle loss

and one other thing
    my macros are
    carbs : 280g
    protein : 200g
    fats : 55-60g
    cals :2550 cals

good or bad!!!!

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Based on what i know, im pretty sure this wont work. You'll just lose your gains by cutting every two weeks. I dont think ive really heard of anyone doing this. Also im pretty sure you can up your fat intake, eating fats doesnt mean your going to gain fat.

again, wait for someone else to confirm this because im not 100% sure

edit: also if your worried about fat gains, just do a clean bulk. Eat under a 500 calorie surplus.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to "minimize fat gain", eating in a minor caloric surplus will help but bulking/cutting for 2 weeks on and off will not.

Up your fat intake, lower protein intake to 1g/lb BW. Other than that, make adjustments as you see fit.

Virt1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You cannot be scared about gaining fat when bulking. That's what cutting's for, however you're meant to cut at the end of a bulk, not before you've even started (2 weeks in). Doing so, as you are, will get you nowhere. If you're still concernced about fat then work a good amount of cardio into your routine, or cut your bf down to around 12% from where it is now before you start your bulk. Put the cardio at the end of your routine, so that shifting the weights uses up your glycogen stores, and the cardio afterwards only has fat left to burn.

Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    Based on what i know, im pretty sure this wont work. You'll just lose your gains by cutting every two weeks. I dont think ive really heard of anyone doing this. Also im pretty sure you can up your fat intake, eating fats doesnt mean your going to gain fat.

again, wait for someone else to confirm this because im not 100% sure

edit: also if your worried about fat gains, just do a clean bulk. Eat under a 500 calorie surplus.
    muscleandstrength.com/articles/bulking-for-natural-bodybuilders.html

and good thing bout the fat intake ..what about 70g and 260 carbs

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    If you want to "minimize fat gain", eating in a minor caloric surplus will help but bulking/cutting for 2 weeks on and off will not.

Up your fat intake, lower protein intake to 1g/lb BW. Other than that, make adjustments as you see fit.
    great, thanks bro
    what aboout 170 protein and 75 fats and 280 carbs
    good or bad

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Metalhead553 View Post
    great, thanks bro
    what aboout 170 protein and 75 fats and 280 carbs
    good or bad
    Do whatever you want and whatever is going to get you the best gains and whatever is going to get you to your goals.

Only YOU can decide what's "good" or "bad".

Originally Posted by Virt1 View Post
    You cannot be scared about gaining fat when bulking. That's what cutting's for, however you're meant to cut at the end of a bulk, not before you've even started (2 weeks in). Doing so, as you are, will get you nowhere. If you're still concernced about fat then work a good amount of cardio into your routine, or cut your bf down to around 12% from where it is now before you start your bulk. Put the cardio at the end of your routine, so that shifting the weights uses up your glycogen stores, and the cardio afterwards only has fat left to burn.
    i dont encourage much cardio while bulking but thanks anyway

i dont encourage much cardio while bulking but thanks anyway

Why? Cardio has its benefits on a bulk. Other than the fact that you have to eat to compensate for the burned calories. I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Why? Cardio has its benefits on a bulk. Other than the fact that you have to eat to compensate for the burned calories. I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.
    i just see while bulking 30 minutes cardio 2 times a week is enough

Whatever works for you. *sigh*

Virt1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^
    You can't moan about your fat % in that case. You're either going to have to bulk and see it raise slightly (unless you do a clean bulk in which case with a bf of around 15% it should barely increase anyway), or get it down further before you start a bulk.

Originally Posted by Virt1 View Post
    ^
    You can't moan about your fat % in that case. You're either going to have to bulk and see it raise slightly (unless you do a clean bulk in which case with a bf of around 15% it should barely increase anyway), or get it down further before you start a bulk.
    alright...clean bulk it is