Thread: Hypoglycemia

FrankieV13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hypoglycemia

A little confused on this, I have Reactive Hypoglycemia, and for some reason if I eat a protein bar I will be effected by it I mean it has 18 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, but I am wondering if the 18 grams of sugar is just to much for the smaller amount of protein and fat? any ideas?

arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arkmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sugars like can sugar or high fructose corn syrup are not good for hypoglycemia. Did you eat the protein bar on an empty stomach? If so try eating some additional proteins or fats before eating the protein bar. A friend of mine was hypoglycemic and everytime she had any sugar she would immediately get tired and weak. Also try getting most of your carbs from complex carbs ie whole wheat.

eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should probably seek the advice of a nutritionist, one that is familiar with your condition and/or recommended by your doctor.

With that said and out of the way, If I personally had your condition, I would try my best to refrain from simple sugars and highly processed carbs all together.