Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kevoqwerty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RickyMG View Post
    if its as simple as it sound why do i not hear of it more often. i would gladly do it if i knew how to or had the equipment to do it.

So...have you ever watched an event or the Ultimate Fighter? It's talked about so much on both how fighters can be drained after the dehydration.

Equipment: Sweat suit and a ymca member ship to go to their sauna.

Plus do not go dehydrate yourself just to lose weight for the hell of it, seriously,unless your going to have a fight the next day and have to weigh in the day before. Then don't do it unless you plan on starting your re-hydration as soon as your done weighing in for a fight. Because I can't tell if you would do either or unless someone told you not to...

Watch The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 episode 5 and skip to 19 minutes in and watch till around 27 mins in. You will see why I say this man...although Gabe was a puss lol, but yea.
    "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."-Muhammad Ali

Shakespeare said to thine own self be true. I dont know what the **** he meant by that, but just dont quit on yourself."-Forrest Griffin

Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vanilla_Slice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's what I don't get with boxing and wrestling and the likes. Judges require fighters to weigh in at a certain weight to make the class knowing full well that the same fighter/s will be at least 10lbs heavier for the fight after they've re-hydrated themselves. It seems pretty pointless not to mention unhealthy for the fighters. I understand that the fighters need to be roughly the same weight for it to be fair fight but still.

bigtrey37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its water weight
    "A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else." John Locke

Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ramoneb87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They use diuretics, water deprivation, saunas and cardio.

Sure some mma fighters and boxers have been known to lose 15 pounds of more for weigh ins and they do it in as little as 24 hours. But it isn't exactly safe, even with the professional aid they have. And it is only temporary they start regaining that weight immediately after they are weighed. Thats why fighters often look bloated on fight day in comparison to the weigh in

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lawlzorz View Post
    dehydration
    X2, threads like these don't belong in the advanced section. I thought this was the place for people who can apply common sense.

BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuzzNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is very very very dangerous to cut so much weight in 24 hours like they do in MMA. My friend knows UFC fighter Jake Shields who had to cut so much weight, it hindered his performance in the Octagon, although he won the fight. They lake laxatives, use saunas, do crazy cardio with garbage bags or cardio "cut suits" to sweat it out. The also look weak and gaunt at the weigh ins for those who do it correctly. They deplete there electrolytyes something fierce.

rhinoman666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BuzzNJ View Post
    It is very very very dangerous to cut so much weight in 24 hours like they do in MMA. My friend knows UFC fighter Jake Shields who had to cut so much weight, it hindered his performance in the Octagon, although he won the fight. They lake laxatives, use saunas, do crazy cardio with garbage bags or cardio "cut suits" to sweat it out. The also look weak and gaunt at the weigh ins for those who do it correctly. They deplete there electrolytyes something fierce.
    not healty to lose this much weight in such a short period

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    humans can only live for four days with out water...... dead people tend to look thinner

Reg. Gravity Offender anonymousceleb's Avatar
    anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anonymousceleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if its as simple as it sound why do i not hear of it more often. i would gladly do it if i knew how to or had the equipment to do it.
    You don't hear about it because it's usually worthless and it's a big part of why people aren't supposed to weigh themselves every day and extrapolate their findings into meaningful fitness information.

Also, assuming an athlete is generally well-hydrated as compared to the average person, their body is cycling through water faster rather than holding onto it. This is also effected by the kind of things they're eating so they can lose a lot of water fast just by ceasing their usual maintenance.

kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kilog55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post
    Diuretics are banned and show up in their post fight drug testing procedures.

celery is a natural diuretic as are alot of other natural sources, pro athletes know how ot cheat the tests. but like i seen in HS wrapped up in black trashbags and layers of heavy sweat clothes running, biking etc its all water weight. same as most large gains on a new cutting cycle most of it is flushed out water.

Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    probably already been said but it's water weight from dehydration

J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Perfect example of this would be Anthony Johnson who fought lastnight. He was walking about at 230lbs 10 weeks ago. When training camp starts, they change up their diet and lose fat. Whatever they can't lose before the weigh-in, they cut by not eating or drinking until after the weigh-ins and also cut their water with dehydration.. He was able to cut down to 171lbs.

jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dehydration.

Remember Joe Diesel Riggs?

He used to drop insane lbs.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.

Follow my journey on
    http://www.********.com/half175

✪ Fandango Crew ✪

SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SuperDL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've had this convo with my bro before. All they do is stop drinking water and cut out carbs so they now have less water and glycogen weight. As soon as they drink and eat carbs again there weight goes straight back on, it's temporary not permanent.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here you go OP, drink 1 bottle of this and you'll be pissing out of your ass for a while.

☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆

Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forty0zFreedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A man training to be a soldier recently died by doing this.

He was on something crazy like 800 calories a day, running all the time, and they were telling him to purge on top of it.

Of course it was over a longer period, but still. I wouldn't do it after seeing that.

Going Beast mode Determinedbeast's Avatar
    Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determinedbeast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i suppose it makes sense but if it worked normaly to just lose weight it would be good.
    i have a load of fat to lose.
    There are no short term miracle ways to loose fat. Just stick to it and it will all come together.
    ***Super Saiyan Crew***
    ***Teen Misc Strength Crew***
    Current lifts
    Deadlift: 475lbs x1 (405x10)
    Squat: 425 lbs x1 (365x1 banded 1 foot box squat, ~475+ at lockout)
    Bench: 295 lbs x1 (225x3 banded bench, ~300+ at lockout)

grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) grej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i would never try that..

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    like i read once that a ufc fighter had his weigh in in 48 hours and he was something stupid like a stone and a half over the weight he needed to be.

and within 24 hours or maybe more he lost nearly all of it and only missed the target by 3 or 4 pounds.

how is it possible ?
    it's just temporary water loss...it's not fat loss.

My weight last year 48 hours before bbiing comp 222
    My weight day of show 198

it's all water

jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamestommy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Vanilla_Slice View Post
    That's what I don't get with boxing and wrestling and the likes. Judges require fighters to weigh in at a certain weight to make the class knowing full well that the same fighter/s will be at least 10lbs heavier for the fight after they've re-hydrated themselves. It seems pretty pointless not to mention unhealthy for the fighters. I understand that the fighters need to be roughly the same weight for it to be fair fight but still.
    dumbass
    goals
    -bench 300
    -deadlift 570
    -shoulder press 200

tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post
    Only the bigger guys can lose that much weight in a 24hr period. Most of the fighters start off 10-20lbs overweight a week going in and that is when they begin their cut. They start a strict nocarb diet and do nothing but cardio for several hours each day. By weeks end they have usually made weight. If they aren't within a couple pounds the night before weigh ins they cut food and water out completely and workout in a sweatsuit for a few hours to encourage dehydration. If that doesn't work they cycle between the sauna and working out until they have made weight.

After making weight they immediately rehydrate with pedialyte. They also eat a lot of carbs to replenish their blood glucose and muscle glycogen. By the time of the fight they have put back on 5-10lbs.

The reason people don't do it is because it isn't a fat loss plan. It is a weight loss plan.
    it also burns alot of muscle to my understanding .. the conversion of protein to glucose as the body fights the entire process the whole way... at least to my understanding?

Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its for making weight and its not the healthiest thing to do either. after they do that they eat and drink as much as possible to refuel their body. its just water weight its not losing fat

alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Rub Albolene on yourself and go sit in a sauna.

hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kinda simple for MMA fighters to do this b/c of water weight. I use the Kutting Weight suit and you can drop 6 pounds of water weight in a two hour lift-run session. They aren't actually losing fat or muscle, but just water weight. This is why some wrestlers are turning to Kutting Weight or sauna suits b/c when they need to drop 5 lbs in two days for weigh-in they just run off water weight then gain it back.

alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10) alfredofatale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Water weight. Think about how much of your body is actually water. Remove sodium, drink water like its going out of style, do a ****-ton of cardio in a sweat suit, sit in a sauna, and the cut liquids completely 24 hours out. Definitely not good on yer kidneys(horrible actually), but you'll lose a ton of water weight fast...probably 5 pounds on just the low end. Happy sailing. Hit me back if ya have more questions yeh. Cheers

like i read once that a ufc fighter had his weigh in in 48 hours and he was something stupid like a stone and a half over the weight he needed to be.

and within 24 hours or maybe more he lost nearly all of it and only missed the target by 3 or 4 pounds.

how is it possible ?