highside107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

chest sore after working out back/bi's heavily?

Hey guys, just a quick question. My chest is pretty sore today after a heavy workout of back and bi's. I've been doing Max OT, so everything was heavy compound exercises for my back and bi's... This was probably the best back workout I've had in a long time too, but is my chest supposed to be a bit sore as well? I do understand that your upper back does complement your chest muscles just like your lower back complements your abs. I was doing basic compound exercises like lat pulldowns, pullups, rows, and barbell curls. Thanks

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.fitstep.com/Advanced/Anatomy/Chest.htm the pectoral minor runs downward and across underneath the pectoral major and one of its purposes is to stabilize while contracting the scapula, rotating and contracting the scapula contracts the lats...simple human anatomy...its actually quite normal to get sore pec minors and serratus anteriors from doing any type of pullup/chinup
    Last edited by cramron; 02-21-2004 at 03:20 PM.

highside107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice response, thanks!

huanmah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lay off the chest exercises for a few days?

Originally Posted by cramron View Post
    the pectoral minor runs downward and across underneath the pectoral major and one of its purposes is to stabilize while contracting the scapula, rotating and contracting the scapula contracts the lats...simple human anatomy...its actually quite normal to get sore pec minors and serratus anteriors from doing any type of pullup/chinup
    I am having the same problem today. Yesterday I went all out on my back workout.
    Today my pecs are sore on the side. Do you think it's also due to bad form? I am a person who is strict about form.
    Today is supposed to be my chest day, I should wait a few days right? Until I don't feel any soreness in my back.