Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gyno ...

Raven2490 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gyno ...

in 2005 I weighed at 280 lbs of pure sit around fat and i'm only 5' 7". By 2007 I had lost over 102 lbs but the wrong way ( not eating properly and sometimes starving) which left me with a lot of loose skin and fat deposits that I havent been able to get rid of. I started goign to the gym in 2008 to try to replace the fat with muscle, but so far it hasn't happened. I've recently started taking OxyElite pro which I heard in the gym was a great fat burner b4 breakfast and then take my Jack3d right b4 my workouts. I am currently working out at home using P90x along with insanity for whatever I need for that part of the week(ie arms or legs, etc). I was measured for body fat % and it has dropped, but ever since I started on the oxyelite My nipples have become very sensitive and I was told it's called gyno and I would need an estrogen blocker.

My question is, what kind of estrogen blocker do I get if there r diferent kinds? and will it also help me get rid of the puch I have left over along with the chest?

Thanks in advance and any help will be greatly appreciated

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    what did your doctor say?

I recently saw my doctor( not about this) my bloodwork and everything was better than normal.

I've asked 4 personal trainers and all suggested the estrogen blocker. That this wasn't anything they've never heard b4.

Thx for the rply

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Raven2490 View Post
    in 2005 I weighed at 280 lbs of pure sit around fat and i'm only 5' 7". By 2007 I had lost over 102 lbs but the wrong way ( not eating properly and sometimes starving) which left me with a lot of loose skin and fat deposits that I havent been able to get rid of. I started goign to the gym in 2008 to try to replace the fat with muscle, but so far it hasn't happened. I've recently started taking OxyElite pro which I heard in the gym was a great fat burner b4 breakfast and then take my Jack3d right b4 my workouts. I am currently working out at home using P90x along with insanity for whatever I need for that part of the week(ie arms or legs, etc). I was measured for body fat % and it has dropped, but ever since I started on the oxyelite My nipples have become very sensitive and I was told it's called gyno and I would need an estrogen blocker.

My question is, what kind of estrogen blocker do I get if there r diferent kinds? and will it also help me get rid of the puch I have left over along with the chest?

all i see in the oxyelite ingredients is a collection of alledged fat burners. I don't see anything that would increase nipple sensitivity.

sensitive nipples does not automaticially mean gyno. they could simply be sensitive because you're losing so much protective fat that used to keep them from rubbing on the inside of your shirts.

immediately running out to gobble down some 'estrogen blocker' based on the shady advice of your local gym rat would not be in your best interest. Doing some research on gyno would be in your best interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

so would seeing your doctor about this specific issue

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

So is it safe to say that the mixture of OEP and Jack3d is not causing this?

Thanks for the reply

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So is it safe to say that the mixture of OEP and Jack3d is not causing this?

Thanks for the reply
    gyno is can be caused by pro-hormone and steroid type supplements which you are not taking.
    If it continues I would seek medical help.

Also on your blood work, were they checking hormone levels or just lipids (cholesterol triglycerides etc)

I'll make appt. 2maro.

I'll make appt. 2maro.
    Thanks to everyone that replied ... really appreciate it

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    get a blood test and have him check your estrogen if you think it may be an issue they you will have a clear answer

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)

There are quite a few estrogen blockers to choose from. Eat foods that are natural estrogen blockers and take natural estrogen blocking supplements.

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gyno is overly self/member diagnosed on these forums. I would be suprised if you got it from a fatburner such as OPE. As mentioned go see a doctor if you seriously think you have it. If you do, and have not used a PH or steroid, it's probably going to require surgery.

I would also focus on diet and nutrition over fat loss sup's. Most are a complete waste of money.

Good luck with your goals.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Gyno is overly self/member diagnosed on these forums. I would be suprised if you got it from a fatburner such as OPE. As mentioned go see a doctor if you seriously think you have it. If you do, and have not used a PH or steroid, it's probably going to require surgery.

I would also focus on diet and nutrition over fat loss sup's. Most are a complete waste of money.

Good luck with your goals.
    This really started when I started to take the OEP, but as per 1 of the replies it shouldn't be the reason. I really don't see a difference in my BFP since I started taking it(30 days). I'm just going to cut it completely and go see the doctor anyway. The only thing that I've notice make a difference is having more energy for more cardio and I get that from Jack3d.

Thanks again for the replies and great info/help Really glad I found this forum.

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had the sore nipple thing off and on for about three years now. Taking testosterone boosting suppliments does it to me. Also testosterone replacement has done it to me. For me it's an increase in estradiol that does it. My doctor, Warren Willey who is a bodybuilder and has written articles for BB.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drwilley.htm has prescribed Arimidex for me which I take as needed when I get nipple pain. I've tried every supposed over the counter estrogen blocker I can find and non of them have worked for me.

This may not be your problem, but a lot of things including prescription drugs and soy products can cause breast problems in men. I'd talk to your doctor about it. I went to about eight different doctors who didn't have a clue before I found Dr. Willey. Good luck.
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flat6nut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it really a good idea to take a pre workout like jacked for cardio? I am no pro, but I sure as hell would not want a cafiene high while running. I do use a pre for lifting wieghts, but see no need for it for cardio...but I dont do any cardio...yet.

Originally Posted by flat6nut View Post
    Is it really a good idea to take a pre workout like jacked for cardio? I am no pro, but I sure as hell would not want a cafiene high while running. I do use a pre for lifting wieghts, but see no need for it for cardio...but I dont do any cardio...yet.
    I always keep an eye on my HR whenever I do cardio. Doing intervals makes it easier to keep track of my zone.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Congratulations on the weight loss! 102 pounds is quite an achievement. Loose skin is often a remaining contour problem. While nipple sensitivity can be mechanical injury of the loose skin, it is not a normal finding. It more often is a Symptom of Gynecomastia gland stimulation by hormone imbalance. Massive weight loss can result in such an imbalance.

Starting treatment without analysis is just not smart as medication can obscure the underlying problem. Simple blood testing alone is rarely sufficient. The problem is better evaluated by an experienced Endocrinologist before considering any medical management.

Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post

all i see in the oxyelite ingredients is a collection of alledged fat burners. I don't see anything that would increase nipple sensitivity.

sensitive nipples does not automaticially mean gyno. they could simply be sensitive because you're losing so much protective fat that used to keep them from rubbing on the inside of your shirts.

immediately running out to gobble down some 'estrogen blocker' based on the shady advice of your local gym rat would not be in your best interest. Doing some research on gyno would be in your best interest:

so would seeing your doctor about this specific issue
    I see many men with tenderness not related to gynecomastia. For my massive weight loss patients who still are trying to lose weight, yet who are uncomfortable with the loose hanging tissues or with irritation from the mechanical trauma of bouncing or friction, Body Shaping Garments offer temporary contouring and stabilization of the tissues.

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    get a blood test and have him check your estrogen if you think it may be an issue they you will have a clear answer
    Sorry, a simple blood test alone is not enough. Finding the underlying cause can be a quite complex affair that takes a doctor with a passion to discover.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ^^^^Excellent post.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    ^^^^Excellent post.
    If you were referring to my post, thank you.

An important addendum:

It is not just weight loss patients who can have tenderness in the nipple region. The most common non medical reason I see is men pinching their nipples to flatten them. Ther is a Thin Muscle Under the Areola that Flattens Puffy Nipples. When stimulated, (i.e. by pinching) it tends to flatten out some contour problems. When the muscle relaxes, the problem returns. Keep pinching tissue and it eventually gets sore. When examining a male with such symptoms and the problem clears up by getting them to stop the pinching, then I do not mandate an endocrine work up.

The other issue is the nipples are the most prominent part of the chest. They are subject to banging into with some activities like resting the bar on the chest while weight lifting. I also have marathon runners where the friction of the clothing can actually cause bleeding during events.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...ipple+bleeding

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    If you were referring to my post, thank you.
    I was, Dr.

Again, excellent, informative post on a much-misunderstood topic.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Now that u posted this, I have been doing alot of treadmill running, far more than I've ever done before 2 months ago. I have tried wearing underarmor shirts to try and minimize the nipple rubbing, but since u mention it, now I think it's worse off to do that.

I've been experiencing a very low sex drive lately as well. Could this be related to testosterone levels?

Now that u posted this, I have been doing alot of treadmill running, far more than I've ever done before 2 months ago. I have tried wearing underarmor shirts to try and minimize the nipple rubbing, but since u mention it, now I think it's worse off to do that.

I've been experiencing a very low sex drive lately as well. Could this be related to testosterone levels?
    The effects of Testosterone on the body are wide and extensive. Sex drive, thinking, nerve function, are but a few of the many mysterious issues. Endocrine imbalances can take many forms. That is why seeking a "diagnosis" in a forum is a losing proposition. Breast tenderness and possible low sex drive = get thee to an experienced Endocrinologist before manipulation of the issue by self medication.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Thank u very much, Dr. Bermant. Reall appreciate the time and advice

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    The effects of Testosterone on the body are wide and extensive. Sex drive, thinking, nerve function, are but a few of the many mysterious issues. Endocrine imbalances can take many forms. That is why seeking a "diagnosis" in a forum is a losing proposition. Breast tenderness and possible low sex drive = get thee to an experienced Endocrinologist before manipulation of the issue by self medication.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    I've been self-medicating for several years now for gyno. I know that my low sex drive can be affect by the testosterone level, my emotions, feelings, mood at the time, and BPH can screw you up also. My testosterone level is 673 ng/dl which is pretty high for an old guy. My estrogen level is <0.1 L which is almost non-existent.
    Eval:Male(20-50yrs) 132-813 ng/dL
    Male(> 50yrs) 71 -623 ng/dL

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Taichichuan View Post
    I've been self-medicating for several years now for gyno. I know that my low sex drive can be affect by the testosterone level, my emotions, feelings, mood at the time, and BPH can screw you up also. My testosterone level is 673 ng/dl which is pretty high for an old guy. My estrogen level is <0.1 L which is almost non-existent.
    Eval:Male(20-50yrs) 132-813 ng/dL
    Male(> 50yrs) 71 -623 ng/dL
    Are you runing this for long periods of time? You do realize that keeping estrogen so suppressed for long periods is also bad for you right?
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

Are you runing this for long periods of time? You do realize that keeping estrogen so suppressed for long periods is also bad for you right?
    NOPE!
    I've been doing this for a few years now and I don't plan to stop. When I was younger the muscle growth just came to me, now at my age it's hard to put on a few pounds a year. My goal is to reach 250lb. before I die; it's something that I want, better than pussy, and if I don't reach it, So Be It!

What is estrogen good for anyway in a male? NOTHING! Females need it to re-produce!

I don't like the "nipple thing' and the damn mood swings that estrogen can cause.

As long as I stay on my protocol, there shouldn't be a surge of estrogen populating my blood system until I die.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Taichichuan View Post
    What is estrogen good for anyway in a male? NOTHING! Females need it to re-produce!
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that estrogen supports the endothelial lining of blood vessels. When your endothelial lining thins thats when heart disease becomes a big risk.

Its a complex subject, can't find what I'm looking for but a quick search shows this backing up that view point

http://circres.ahajournals.org/cgi/c...full/79/5/1024

I'm sure you'd find more if you spent time looking (something I'm not going to spend my Sat night doing).

Thank u very much, Dr. Bermant. Reall appreciate the time and advice
    You are welcome.
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that estrogen supports the endothelial lining of blood vessels. When your endothelial lining thins thats when heart disease becomes a big risk.

Its a complex subject, can't find what I'm looking for but a quick search shows this backing up that view point

I'm sure you'd find more if you spent time looking (something I'm not going to spend my Sat night doing).
    You both are correct, the balance of the hormone system is quite complex. Estrogen does play essential roles in men as well as women just as Testosterone plays essential roles in women as well as men. Just how much is still not well understood.

For men estrogen is important in bone metabolism, sperm motility, and probably many other key functions. Such issues are discovered with unusual cases where the hormone is absent or suppressed by an astute endocrinologist who is playing detective during treatment and being observant and studying the potential side effects of a physician monitored treatment. The dangers of self medication are such safety factors are missing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post

It's Saturday night and it took less than a minute to confirm that you are right about estrogen. I will continue to keep this substance as low as possible in my body.

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Negged for breaking the rules. NO PROHORMONE TALK ALLOWED.
    2012 was a year of on and off training due to miss-hap's. I had broken ribs,pulled something under my shoulder blade. Then had a total hip replacement. Got soft around the edges. Now time for a comeback. 1st year in. So far things are going great!!
    April 11th 2014 double bypass surgery. So another set back grrrrrr.

If The Bar Ain't Bending... You're Just Pretending.

There is no pill or shake. That can replace hard work.