Irecio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working towards my NASM need Tips

Hi, I'm turning 20 soon and was hoping to get Personal Training as my first job. Anyone know how to get started? Also how fit do you have to be to be hired? a lot of personal trainers in 24 hour fitness seem weak while other seem extremely fit.

kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    24 hour loves NASM. Almost every gym has their cert of choice and that's 24s. I have the nasm and it's hard. Very hard. I'm getting my acsm now and it's not as hard and very different from NASM. Honestly for a first cert I'd recommend Issa. But NASM will look better for 24
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It would behoove you to appear fit and healthy if you expect people to listen to you about how to get fit and healthy.

I got my nasm cpt recently as well, its a good course. Is suggest reading the text book twice, then do one of the online practice exams every day until you master it. Good luck! No Homo

BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50) BiggzMoNeY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I reccently became NASM certified. The exam was rather difficult, but not too bad at all. I decided to become a trainer because I have a passion for health and fitness, so it made studying hard, easy...

Master page 169, study, and take the online practice tests and youll be good!

jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Irecio View Post
    Hi, I'm turning 20 soon and was hoping to get Personal Training as my first job. Anyone know how to get started? Also how fit do you have to be to be hired? a lot of personal trainers in 24 hour fitness seem weak while other seem extremely fit.
    You'll need to first be passionate about health and fitness hands down as this is how you'll sell your services. You asked about being fit and I can tell you firsthand that this is what people see of you from a distance prior to even deciding to speak to you. I've worked as a trainer for many many years. As far as what types of trainers you've seen at 24 I can tell you that trainers pretty much look the same everywhere you go (outside of major bodybuilding gyms). As a hiring manager for Life Time Fitness I interviewed people all the time, some in amazing shape and some not so much. Just because someone passes a test or has a degree doesn't necessarily mean they live the lifestyle. If you're walking in to an interview with a certification in hand and you have little to no experience then you absolutely 100% need to look the part to make an impression.
    Pain Don't Hurt
    Patrick Swayze-Roadhouse

kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingarty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dirtymcbride View Post
    It would behoove you to appear fit and healthy if you expect people to listen to you about how to get fit and healthy.

I got my nasm cpt recently as well, its a good course. Is suggest reading the text book twice, then do one of the online practice exams every day until you master it. Good luck! No Homo
    honestly, he looks about the same, if not a tad better, than most of the male trainers 24 hour fitness has.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    BJ Penn > You

GO COWBOYS!!

Train Hard, Bleed Less jmossthnp's Avatar
    jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Irecio View Post

Well people will look at you, if your are fit it makes them feel better about paying you their money to become fit themselves.
    NASM CPT, CES... PES soon.
    Twenty-years in the trenches weight training plus Marine Infantry and Police Academy. No better group fitness certification than those.
    Associates degree unrelated to health.
    Passion beyond all (Or at least I think that way).
    Quit judging me because I carry more muscle than you do. I don't judge you for not having as much or not wanting to train to carry as much. Get over it.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nasm wasnt hard IMO just make sure you know ur squat assessment charts or better yet understand the functions of all the muscles!

basic kines knowledge makes the squat assessments alot easier to understand!

muscle imbalances and squat assessment chart was like 75% of the test
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------