FarFarNorth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Natural vs. Steroids

Though my account is new I've been reading and lurking on this site for long periods of time, and over these past two months I've been taking bodybuilding quite seriously.

My story in a nutshell is a gamer who weighed 350 pounds at 6'3, busted his ass down to 250 pounds and, though he's not perfectly skinny yet, realizes his muscles are EXTREMELY underdeveloped from lack of use, so I switched my focus to pushing iron. I'm getting great gains, still losing BF% (in the low 20%s now) but I've recently been discouraged by a friend.

My endgame goal is to look similar in build to the guys in the middle of this photo;
    irrigationfestival. com/images/stories/Events/competitors. jpg
    (link broken because of post limit, just push them together)

While my friend and I were sharing and I linked him that photo he said, and mind you he's a chubby short dude with no bodybuilding under his belt, "Okay, so what steroids do you plan on taking?"

I know that genetics play a large factor in how big you can get, but my question for the community is do you think that sort of build is, generally speaking, impossible for the average person without the use of steroids?

ps I'm thinking the pale Irish dude and the guy holding the trophy.

everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    roids will get you there faster, but try building a decent body naturally first.
    Nullius in verba

Originally Posted by everglide123 View Post
    roids will get you there faster, but try building a decent body naturally first.
    Before I so much as dream of that, I plan on getting to 10%BF and really perfecting what I have already.

But its discouraging to know that your endgame goal is only achievable through steroids.

A second question, if you're not competing or anything like that, is there really any detriment to temporary steroid use?

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bust your ass hard enough and you'll achieve that drug free.

Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FarFarNorth View Post
    Before I so much as dream of that, I plan on getting to 10%BF and really perfecting what I have already.

But its discouraging to know that your endgame goal is only achievable through steroids.

A second question, if you're not competing or anything like that, is there really any detriment to temporary steroid use?

TONS actually. Screwing up your hormones, gynecomastia, acne, liver problems, cardiovascular problems....they CAN be taken with care but it takes a very knowledgeable person in the topic to know how to take supporting supplements and the roids themselves...Tread VERY carefully in your thoughts of taking them...If you are going to no matter what...READ READ READ and STUDY about them first...but I advise against it all together. Peace.
    -Fudd

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    There's no way to answer your question; far, far too many variables involved.

Rather than putting real or percieved limitations on yourself, just work consistently hard, eat consistently good, and rest adequately. Everything else will take care of itself.

BTW, you'd do well not to listen to people with no bodybuilding/training/nutrition experience.

BTW #2, the 'guy holding the trophy' is the late Jesse Marunde, a WSM competitor, and a heck of an athlete. RIP, Jesse.

I'll decline to answer any steroid questions, as that's against forum rules, and will promptly get this thread locked/deleted.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanks for all the replies, good to know. I always pictured being Jay Cutler as a steroid area, but I figured the guys in the picture were just.. like the upper end of totally do-able with years of work.