ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Over-training my triceps?

I'm doing chest and triceps together. Here's my routine...

Incline DB press
    Flat BB press
    Incline DB flies
    Dips
    Cable pressdowns (overhand grip w/ straight bar)
    Rope pressdowns
    Seated DB tricep extensions

Too much for triceps?

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, not at all. Looks solid.

One thing about smolov (russian strength program) bench training im doing is im hitting my chest 4 -5 times a week now, thankfully its only for 3 weeks! But i have discovered that the human body is very resilient and can take a lot of damage before approaching over training..
    But yeh, your routine looks great.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sets? Reps?
    Served two years in the military. Respect all military brahs!

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

**Los Angeles Lakers** **Kobe Bryant** **Derrick Rose**

I DO not REP BACK.

People who have to rep me for life:
    GreasyBurger, AVOJAMACADA, Cuhh

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SgSpartan View Post
    Sets? Reps?
    This as you listed the lifts you do not what your routine is. Also if you have to ask if you are overtraining, you are not overtraining. People who are overtraining suffer serious noticable performance and/or medical problems.

I think you are doing more isolation movements then you need unless you are peaking for a photoshoot or competition but let's see your actual routine.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    No, not at all. Looks solid.

One thing about smolov (russian strength program) bench training im doing is im hitting my chest 4 -5 times a week now, thankfully its only for 3 weeks! But i have discovered that the human body is very resilient and can take a lot of damage before approaching over training..
    Ah you are learning that most of the myths of the modern bodybuilding world will only hold one back. I've always seen my best results on very high frequincy training. I hit my best deadlift ever (615x2 raw) whilst doing deadlifts 5x a week. Lagging bodyparts come up quickly if I hit them every day etc.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Ah you are learning that most of the myths of the modern bodybuilding world will only hold one back. I've always seen my best results on very high frequincy training. I hit my best deadlift ever (615x2 raw) whilst doing deadlifts 5x a week. Lagging bodyparts come up quickly if I hit them every day etc.
    Deads 5x a week>>? WOW.
    Good to hear, thats a huge deadlift man.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deads 5x a week>>? WOW.
    Good to hear, thats a huge deadlift man.
    I found I could only dead 5x a week for about 5-6 weeks before the cramps (to the OP frequint intense muscle cramps is one of the first signs that you are approaching overtraining) in my hammies and lower back would become too much. It isn't something one can maintain long term. 2-3x a week is sustainable for me as long as squat volume isn't excessive. This will vary from person to person

Was 245-250 at the time of that pull.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Deadlifting 5x per week? You're really recommending that?

Either you were training sub-maximally or this was when you were on the juice.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Deadlifting 5x per week? You're really recommending that?

Either you were training sub-maximally or this was when you were on the juice.
    No I would not recomend deadlifting (but I would recomend less intense compound movements) 5x a week for anyone natty and yes I was assisted at that time. I have however done heavy singles over 500 lbs 3x a week while squating 3x a week 100% natural, with proper use of deloads.

The point being the fear of overtraining and training a bodypart too frequintly is overstated to the point of rediculousness. Overtraining does not happen nearly as easily as many "experts" try to propose. Fear, stress and worry are larger contributors to overtraining symptoms than most would develop from adding another sessions per week for a couple of their favorite lifts.

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    But i have discovered that the human body is very resilient and can take a lot of damage before approaching over training..
    ^^This is very true^^

Over training is so much more than just doing 'too many sets' for a certain muscle.

Over training put simply is when you train beyond the body's ability to recover.

IMO too many people are scared of overtraining. As long as your getting sufficient sleep, rest and calories you won't be anywhere near over training.

Even though the human body is very resilient this doesn't mean you should add more and more to your training program just because you can, more is not necessarily better.

ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh sorry guys...I usually do 3 sets of each exercise...between 10 and 12 reps

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No I would not recomend deadlifting (but I would recomend less intense compound movements) 5x a week for anyone natty and yes I was assisted at that time. I have however done heavy singles over 500 lbs 3x a week while squating 3x a week 100% natural, with proper use of deloads.

The point being the fear of overtraining and training a bodypart too frequintly is overstated to the point of rediculousness. Overtraining does not happen nearly as easily as many "experts" try to propose. Fear, stress and worry are larger contributors to overtraining symptoms than most would develop from adding another sessions per week for a couple of their favorite lifts.
    You are an awesome poster; repped

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by keys_10 View Post

IMO too many people are scared of overtraining.
    On the contrary. Very few people are afraid of overtraining. Because very few people have the actual reasons to be afraid of overtraining.

What is usually referred to as 'overtraining' on these forums, is actually something like 'overworking'. "Hey..., would this be overtraining my Bicep?" And similar.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd still like to see someone that is not on gear and squats 6x a week. I mean, if John Broz says so, it must be true, right?

"IF you can't [sic] squat everyday, lift heavy everyday then you are not OVERTRAINED, you are UNDERTRAINED!" - John Broz