kilerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i look good when i flex, bad when i dont why?

hi, im 20 years old and weigh about 150lbs ive have been working out for a few years but i noticed that when i dont flex my body has a drooping/sagging look to it, my chest has more of a C shape, and my stomach appears bloated, just overall looks bad, but when i flex my body looks so much tighter and better, my abs really appear, i can see all 8, and i have a good dip in the middle (but when i dont flex its rounded as in a barley noticable line down the middle) and when i flex my chest it reshapes into somthing much better and the bottom has a nice horizontal line(connecting both pecs), and honestly when ever i go out to the beach or pool im always flexing and people tell me how cut i am (primarily because i have decent sized muscle for someone who is 150lbs) and im embarassed to not flex because it would look bad. how can i fix this?

I notice that when i flex my body/skin becomes much tighter, do i need to loose weight, tone my muscle for a better (non flexed) shape?

exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kilerz View Post
    hi, im 20 years old and weigh about 150lbs ive have been working out for a few years but i noticed that when i dont flex my body has a drooping/sagging look to it, my chest has more of a C shape, and my stomach appears bloated, just overall looks bad, but when i flex my body looks so much tighter and better, my abs really appear, i can see all 8, and i have a good dip in the middle (but when i dont flex its rounded as in a barley noticable line down the middle) and when i flex my chest it reshapes into somthing much better and the bottom has a nice horizontal line(connecting both pecs), and honestly when ever i go out to the beach or pool im always flexing and people tell me how cut i am (primarily because i have decent sized muscle for someone who is 150lbs) and im embarassed to not flex because it would look bad. how can i fix this?

I notice that when i flex my body/skin becomes much tighter, do i need to loose weight, tone my muscle for a better (non flexed) shape?
    lose bodyfat. im the same way.... i go a 6 pack when i flex but if i dont it jus looks flat and ****ty

Originally Posted by exercisingdude View Post
    lose bodyfat. im the same way.... i go a 6 pack when i flex but if i dont it jus looks flat and ****ty
    but what about my chest, when i flex the shape is like 100X better, it looks much more like solid, it looks bigger/ the muscles come much closer together to create a way more defined look.

hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    but what about my chest, when i flex the shape is like 100X better, it looks much more like solid, it looks bigger/ the muscles come much closer together to create a way more defined look.
    That's why its called Flexing bro

Facepalm.jpg

exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) exercisingdude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeh thats just what flexing does lol. you look tighter/better when u flex no way around that... only thing i can say is get bigger muscles and have less body fat and ull look better while resting

on the path to being lean Moloholo's Avatar
    Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucexdo View Post
    That's why its called Flexing bro

Facepalm.jpg
    qft
    The world would be a better place if everyone would channel their frustration and anger to better themselves and be nicer to everyone they meet. Everyone has their own fights and stories to tell, you are not more important than another.

- note to self, lessons from 2016.

t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol, that's the reason people flex.

i understand what you guys are saying, but at the same time that sucks for me, because i see other people who are also ripped but dont have to flex, its just the fact that th edifference is just massive, from no cut line(tones) to being really cut.

Also like i said i only weigh about 150lbs,i dont consider myself to be strong, but i can bench press 162 about 5-6 reps, and max out at 185lbs and im not looking to bench 300+lbs, i would just like to be able to hit the 2x45 plates(225) (1.5 times my eight just once on my own); by loosing weight would it even be possible to reach my goal?
    Last edited by kilerz; 10-17-2010 at 02:11 AM.

Registered User contiContiCONTI's Avatar
    contiContiCONTI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have exactly the same, I'm 17, 5'7" and 154lbs. When I don't flex at all, my lats are invisible, my shoulders are thin and my belly is slightly bloated. Then when I flex, I look really really good. Tbh I think this apples for everyone slightly. I have seen a video of aesthetic athlete Matt ogus, (who I don't like) and he is taking the piss out of 'before and after' photos that you see on all these '5 minute abs' videos. And he shows himself relaxed and then slowly tenses, and this proves that the before and after photos are complete bullsh*t. However, matt's belly was fuc*ing bloated to say the least, so I guess it's a normal thing. But yeah it is really annoying..just stay flexed at all times I guess hahah jks