Jpep212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best time to take casein

Good day my fellow athletes,
    This is my first crack at this so here we go. I lift weights and do little cardio, I take my supps as suggested. The issue at hand is that I work a third shift job (8pm-7am) I get home, lift and take my whey right after but then I have to go to sleep shortly after. I know I have to take Casein for my bedtime but I find it o close se close to me taking my whey protein.
    Is it best if I take it during work or still drink it right after my whey? I only ask because I'm pretty bolted after my protein then I eat a small breakfast then right after that I ingest my casein.
    any insightful information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tropez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jpep212 View Post
    This is my first crack at this so here we go. I lift weights and do little cardio, I take my supps as suggested. The issue at hand is that I work a third shift job (8pm-7am) I get home, lift and take my whey right after but then I have to go to sleep shortly after. I know I have to take Casein for my bedtime but I find it o close se close to me taking my whey protein.
    Is it best if I take it during work or still drink it right after my whey? I only ask because I'm pretty bolted after my protein then I eat a small breakfast then right after that I ingest my casein.
    I use casein all the time actually. Since it's slow digesting, I've found it help keep my hunger in control longer and ride out being full until my next meal which is important to me. When I do mix shakes, I use 1 scoop of casein then 1 scoop of the whey of my choice. I can mix up the flavors that way as well since I always use a vanilla casein (as my base so to speak) and then I keep many flavors of whey on hand for the variety. Hope that gives you a bit of insight.
    Disclaimer: I am not a licensed expert so the views expressed in this post should be considered, like, my personal opinion man.

TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50) TCardaci will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, since casein breaks down slowly and is able to supply your body with protein for several hours, my suggestion is to take it when you have the largest gap of not eating (usually while sleeping)
    Or
    You can mix these two protein sources together and have them post workout/before bed. This way you can benefit from the fast and slow digestive protein sources. Not to mention many believe that a mixture of whey and casein is actually better than just whey.
    "Every Champion was once a contender that refused to give up!"

Current PRs:
    Deadlift- 500lb
    Bench- 325lb
    Squat- 425lb

[INSTAGRAM]- @tcgunz_fitness

DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DamondHull is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You dont need to take casein at night. You dont even need to take casein at all. Or you can take it whenever you want. It's all up to you man. Just try to hit your macros. I personally like blend's as my go to protein
    US Air Force
    1,000 lb Club (325 Bench)

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Take it whenever, doesn't matter.

Mike
    ….

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's all about hitting your macros, so Casein can be taken whenever you want. IMO I would drop the Casein and just go with a protein blend.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    It's all about hitting your macros, so Casein can be taken whenever you want. IMO I would drop the Casein and just go with a protein blend.
    This ^^ just grab a protein blend that you can use any time of the day! Look for a Whey/Casein/Milk/Egg mix..
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbagmcgoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take it when you need some protein. It does not really matter. Think of it as food.

Jpep212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks yall. This is my first time taking in casein. I typically stay away from a lot of the stuff (hype) except for the usual suspects; protein, pre workout, multi V,BCAAs but I decided to change it up. I just thought it was strictly bedtime only. I'll look into a protein blend and do my research on Macros.
    You guys rock!

dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    With some whey after training, and at nighttime. But cottage cheese also contains casein!!

victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50) victorztw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi bud, what i can recommand you is to put a little amount of casein with ur whey in ur shake post workout it increases synthesis of proteins and i recommand you just before bed, even if you took your whey close to it muscles will recover better and will not degrade hope it helps