dhop310 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Mesomorph or Endomorph?

I'm not sure if my body type would be considered mesomorph or endomorph. I've always been athletic and I've always found it fairly easy to gain muscle. The problem is I've never been able to get my body fat low enough to see the hard work I put in at the gym. I've been reading a lot of information in these forums and have gotten tons of information passed on from other athletes. Based on everything I've learned it seems that the key to success is in the DIET.

Many of the guides I've seen are for skinny guys trying to put on muscle mass. While I appreciate it is very difficult for some guys to put on muscle, I think for me and many other guys with excess fat, we face a different set of challenges. Its hard for us to get the lean look we want because we have so much damn extra fat! I put in hard work at the gym and I can't even see it because of the fat!

Are there any guys who have had success getting rid of their excess fat? Was diet really the key for you? What are some of the foods you added or removed from your diet that made you most successful? And finally, how long did it take you?

It seems as though its taking me forever. I've been at it for a while now and sadly I'm losing some motivation.

I'm 5'11. 238 pounds with embarrassingly high body fat. I do have a fair amount of muscle. My ultimate goal is 180 Lbs. and ~8% body fat. Is that realistic? I really appreciate your feedback guys. I'll post some pics below for visual reference.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

MonoDC2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonoDC2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'11 at 157 lbs now. Just got the clearly visible sixpack . I started at 180ish, but I've once been 190 when I played football in high school as a sophomore. (5 years ago heh).

It is actually all about diet. Diet is basically everything. I changed everything that I ate. Switched to egg whites, whole wheat (OMG DEM OATZ), veggies, chicken, a grip of fish, fruit, and whey. Of course some other crap but can't remember everything. I ate 1400 calories a day, lifted 4 days a week, barely any cardio at all, but had a job which required 4 hours of standing, lifting and lowering 20-100lb boxes. I basically did the same things I did before the diet and didn't lose fat, then started the diet and the fat just melted off.

I actually started ~2 months ago and lost 20 lbs and increased strength on almost all my lifts.

EDIT: To think about it, my deficit was pretty extreme, but I didn't feel hungry. Also, multi-vitamin, fish oil, gallon of water daily.

Man that's awesome! Congratulations and great work. Thanks for sharing your success story. Very motivating!

.Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    phuck! you dont look 240 pounds.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

True story my friend. Like I said, my body fat is high, but I also have a lot of muscle too. If I could just lose the fat and keep the muscle I'd be very happy.

.Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dhop310 View Post
    True story my friend. Like I said, my body fat is high, but I also have a lot of muscle too. If I could just lose the fat and keep the muscle I'd be very happy.
    well just by cleaning my diet up and going a week without cheating, I lost 1 pound. so yes, its 110% diet. keep protein intake and good fats high and cut carbs down low but not low enough you cant function, work around your daily routine aswell.

Great advice! Thanks brotha. I will definitely keep those things in mind.

also, check out fitday.com...good for calculating the cals.

I just bought some KALE. Apparently this stuff has all kinds of good sh*t for you in it

When it comes to fat loss what are people's thoughts on two-a-day workouts?