vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vick2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question P90X for skinny guys

First i already know there are like a 100 p90X threads out there but i read a couple of them and i still couldn't find my answer so instead of spending an hour searching i'm just gonna post a thread

Second. I heard P90X is for getting ripped and burn calories. But right now i'm underweight i'm on a diet for gaining weight but i don't. so should i try it or not?

Pretty much....
    Is P90X for fat people trying to loose weight and get ripped at the same time or can skinny people use it as well?

Thanks in advance

Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Idontlikecats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vick2 View Post
    First i already know there are like a 100 p90X threads out there but i read a couple of them and i still couldn't find my answer so instead of spending an hour searching i'm just gonna post a thread

Second. I heard P90X is for getting ripped and burn calories. But right now i'm underweight i'm on a diet for gaining weight but i don't. so should i try it or not?

Pretty much....
    Is P90X for fat people trying to loose weight and get ripped at the same time or can skinny people use it as well?

Thanks in advance
    The TV commercial says its more about muscle confusion so you build muscle.

I think the weight loss comes from the P90X diet.

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pretty much....

Thanks in advance
    do not do p90x, im guessing you don't have a lot of muscle mass, I think p90x is good for people who have lifted in the past, retained a lot of their muscle, gained fat, and just want to get rid of the fat but you will just lose a lot of fat and look like a starving child if you don't have a good amount of muscle mass.
    "I'd cut school to go to the gym, 'Oh I'll cut school, I gotta go to sleep, cus I gotta go to the gym tonight to squat, it's a leg day' you know, and if I gotta die tonight, if I gotta die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it. If I meet the end of the world tonight, I'm in the place that I wanna be, right here in the gym."
    -Kai Greene

Follow my blog: jdhouseofiron.blogspot.ca/

Team Member: Ground Zero! NoXplode15's Avatar
    NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoXplode15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pretty much....

Thanks in advance
    Stay away from the P90x its a lot of cardio and being underweight to begin with you will not benefit at all from this muscle mass wise.
    Ground Zero Training!!!!!!!!

brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50) brato will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ This, P90X is a cutting program.
    Bench - 275
    Dead - 485
    Squat - 365

CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CharlieYo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol.

P90x is only a cutting program if you're cutting. You may not be gaining mass, but you certainly won't get smaller if you're eating more calories then you're burning.

It's not a "cutting" program. It's just a program for people who just want a general level of fitness. Many people just happen to loose weight on it, because it's easy to follow.

I don't like it, though. Stick to the weights if you want to gain mass. "Muscle confusion" is all bull****.
    Last edited by CharlieYo; 10-14-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    "Complexity for complexity's sake is dumb. Slow progress when fast is available is very poor decision making. Training indirectly with elaborate assistance exercises to raise your back squat is foolish if you can walk in the gym and add weight to your back squat."
    -Madcow

Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NoXplode15 View Post
    Stay away from the P90x its a lot of cardio and being underweight to begin with you will not benefit at all from this muscle mass wise.
    Seconded.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm dropping weight and gaining muscle mass on P90X right now. You can use it to build mass and it will work, but honestly I think you would be better off with a program designed specifically to build muscle mass.

Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fuddrucker23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    I'm dropping weight and gaining muscle mass on P90X right now. You can use it to build mass and it will work, but honestly I think you would be better off with a program designed specifically to build muscle mass.
    Muscle, yes. Mass, no. There is a difference...even if ever so slight

DirkaDirkaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fuddrucker23 View Post
    Muscle, yes. Mass, no. There is a difference...even if ever so slight
    P90X = Pretty much cardio with some exercises thrown in.
    Insanity = A ridiculous amount of cardio with some exercises thrown in.
    You = a stick if you do either one of these programs...
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"
    -Einstein

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if youre eating more than you need you will gain weight no matter what workout or program youre doing.

try this: continue eating in surplus and if you MUST do p90x then up the weights a little while lowering the reps some. you can potentially put on some muscle

MAKE SURE YOU GET FATS IN YOUR DIET. biggest problem with p(ussy)90x diet

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    But right now i'm underweight i'm on a diet for gaining weight but i don't. so should i try it or not?

Pretty much....

The antidote for skinny kids who no longer want to be skinny is to get on a program built around Squats, Deadlifts, Benches, and Rows. And eating enough good food to show you a pound a week gain in bodyweight. Does p90x have any of these things?

Didn't think so.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

rocksmith372 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I've been using P90x for the last 6 weeks, I started out 140lbs and now I'm 150lbs. I simply take out the cardio stuff and do just the weight lifting parts. Make sure you up the weights for everything. You should be doing only 8-10 reps on everything. If you're doing the 12-16 reps, you're just gonna end up burning alot of calories and not gaining as much muscles as you would with 8-10 reps. But the most important thing is DIET. Do NOT obey P90x's diet plan since it's designed for people who are overweight. I eat around 3,000 calories a day. Drink a whole lot of milk. It's a great source of protein, fat, and calories. I also eat alot of eggs. I boil 12 in the morning and eat them throughout the day. So far, it's been working great for me.