zach1356 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gained 20 pounds in 2 months

Hey guys,

After mostly just running over the summer and not lifting, I began lifting heavy and eating tons of protein 2 months ago. In that period of time (2 months) I put on 20 pounds.

My strength has been going up at an incredible rate during that time frame, but it of course will slow soon. But my bench/squat/deadlift are all higher than they have ever been.

I have been eating a ton. Several protein shakes a day, usually one protein bar, and any food I please to fill me up.

Obviously my weight gain is not all muscle (though I now have more muscle than I have ever had before), and my gut is starting to expand too much. But I am loving the strength increases I have been getting from the massive amount of calories/protein I've been eating.

Should I continue my current diet until the strength gains slow and then clean it up a bit? I know that I will eventually have to burn all this excess fat that comes with my gains but I am wondering if you guys have any input. Thanks.

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can always cut later, a lot of the girls on this board (and by that I mean skinny pussies) will tell you to perserve your abs at all costs, but my vote is to get a strong as you can and build as much muscle as possible and worry about getting rid of fat later.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bromenclature has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    You can always cut later, a lot of the girls on this board (and by that I mean skinny pussies) will tell you to perserve your abs at all costs, but my vote is to get a strong as you can and build as much muscle as possible and worry about getting rid of fat later.
    I wish you a happy dreamer bulk

mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    The problem with that is you set yourself up for a multiple-month cut. If that's your thing, I guess it's fine.
    Cutting. Commenced January 19th, 2015 @ 211 lbs. Goal: 168 lbs.

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bromenclature View Post
    I wish you a happy dreamer bulk
    There is a difference, Dreamer didn't really gain muscle along with the fat.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Suave_Howss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any food you please? Like what kind of foods?
    To Be Big, You Gotta Eat Big! - Ronnie Coleman

Yes, any food I please. Sadly I have to admit that I eat fast food 5 days a week at work. Breakfast is cereal and a protein shake. I'll have a protein bar at work. Then when I come home I have home-made food, which usually is not that bad for me but it's not like I'm counting macros on those. Then a protein shake before I go to bed.

So there is a lot that can be cleaned up, and I dont even count calories right now. But I know that I am getting easily 1-1.5x body weight in protein grams, which accounts for my huge muscle gains.

Just makes me worried to see my gut get so big at the same time. I don't want to hinder the great strength/muscle gains I've been having, so I'm at a crossroads.

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't eat fast food it's plain bad for your system and your health. As others said, if you don't mind a multiple month cut then whatever, but I would go absolutely insane. I did a cut for 3 months and it really sucked so at the moment I'm trying to bulk clean so I don't have too much fat to cut down after. Plus there's that one article I read here that stated if you eat clean foods while bulking you actually put on more muscle at the end of the year than if you bulk dirty and cut for like 5 months.

And by "gut" do you actually mean flab? Because eating that much will cause your stomach(organ) to expand. I'm like that now too I look like I'm pregnant with twins after a meal.

Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking about throwing in some cardio 2-3 times a week to help minimize the excess fat gain while on the bulk. I might be able to burn some of these extra calories that are turning into fat, while not burning too many to inhibit muscle growth. Think that might help?

And my stomach is big all the time lol not just after meals.

matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol Dreamer's back
    "I wish people trained their brains with the same passion they are training their biceps." - Juliacheh

"you dont want a lot of simple carbs because it increases estrogen levels in your body. unless you eat them right after you workout. estrogen will quicken the uptake of protein and it repleneshes glycogen levels in your muscles!" -GOMDpls