tentbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements/nutrition for skinny kids who aspire to push themselves to the limit

Alright, ill give you dudes a backround first, then ask some questions. I am a former basketball and cross country running high school kid, who was 6' 2'' 155 pounds, fairly athletic and motivated when I see improvements in chasing tough challenges. I ran about 30 minutes everyday fairly consistently on the cross country off season until 2 months before the season. I would then run for 2 months building up mileage until I was able to run 7-8 miles a day easily. I competed and did well at the state level in both cross country and basketball (played small forward). Varsity in both sports and went to state last two years of my high school career in both sports. Nutrition was basically whatever was put in front of me, except fast food like McD and BK which make me puke. Now here comes the kicker, I have always had a fast metabolism and when I would hit the gym for 2 months in the summer I would always come out stronger and more defined but not any bigger, which wasn't very helpful to my motivation. I have had a 6 pack since the end of freshmen year and staying lean has never been I prob. Now I am in college and have decided I want to SERIOUSLY try to bulk and get bigger. Any sort of helpful advice would be appreciated. Nutrition, supplements, training, motivation, I will take any helpful comments on any of those subjects. I have done a little research and asked some friends what they would suggest. Most all of them said (weight gainer, multivitamin, hit the gym hard) What do you experts think???

sirpsychosexy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tentbent View Post
    Alright, ill give you dudes a backround first, then ask some questions. I am a former basketball and cross country running high school kid, who was 6' 2'' 155 pounds, fairly athletic and motivated when I see improvements in chasing tough challenges. I ran about 30 minutes everyday fairly consistently on the cross country off season until 2 months before the season. I would then run for 2 months building up mileage until I was able to run 7-8 miles a day easily. I competed and did well at the state level in both cross country and basketball (played small forward). Varsity in both sports and went to state last two years of my high school career in both sports. Nutrition was basically whatever was put in front of me, except fast food like McD and BK which make me puke. Now here comes the kicker, I have always had a fast metabolism and when I would hit the gym for 2 months in the summer I would always come out stronger and more defined but not any bigger, which wasn't very helpful to my motivation. I have had a 6 pack since the end of freshmen year and staying lean has never been I prob. Now I am in college and have decided I want to SERIOUSLY try to bulk and get bigger. Any sort of helpful advice would be appreciated. Nutrition, supplements, training, motivation, I will take any helpful comments on any of those subjects. I have done a little research and asked some friends what they would suggest. Most all of them said (weight gainer, multivitamin, hit the gym hard) What do you experts think???
    I used to be built just like you at 19 years old - about 160lbs and 6'3. By the time I was 21, I was 230lbs at the same height.

Here's what you need to do to train:

deadlifts
    squats
    bench presses
    bent over rows
    pullups

As far as an actual routine, check the stickies, there's plenty of good ones here about beginner's training.

Here's what you need to eat:

Everything in sight - most skinny guys think they're huge eaters but when they add their calories, it comes out to nothing.

Drink a lot of whole milk, it provides a lot of calories and protein.