kjavediqbal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass Gainer Vs Weight Gainer

Whats the difference between a Mass Gainer and a Weight gainer?? what is the distinguishing factor and under what circumstances one should consume which one of these?

Im 143lbs right now, aiming for 158lbs without a bulging belly....what's recommended?

yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mass gainers a bit less calories n less fat than weight gainers.. Mass gainers adds better quality extra calories than weight gainers as in more proteins etc. but Weight gainers have more calories..

not much difference.. almost the same thing..

EDIT: lol.. we both have the same stats(5'7", 147lbs) n I am from India too
    AMC

The only real natty bodybuilder that I know for sure is me! :)

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wouldn't recommend either. I would recommend making your own mass gainer/weight gainer

Get a protein blend of fast and slow digesting protein.

Add in ice cubes, peanut butter or any other healthy fat you'd like, fruits of choice, grounded up oats, yogurt, even ice cram or frozen yogurt, and the list can go on but you get my point.

Making your own you have better control on the macros
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

kjavediqbal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yaz_rulz View Post
    Mass gainers a bit less calories n less fat than weight gainers.. Mass gainers adds better quality extra calories than weight gainers as in more proteins etc. but Weight gainers have more calories..

not much difference.. almost the same thing..

EDIT: lol.. we both have the same stats(5'7", 147lbs) n I am from India too

No way Dude...you look bigger and better than me

yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend either. I would recommend making your own mass gainer/weight gainer

Get a protein blend of fast and slow digesting protein.

Add in ice cubes, peanut butter or any other healthy fat you'd like, fruits of choice, grounded up oats, yogurt, even ice cram or frozen yogurt, and the list can go on but you get my point.

Making your own you have better control on the macros

This is true.. I would never invest money on a weight gainer(expensive when u consider the cost per serving) when u can get enough calories from food itself or can make a high calorie protein shake urself.. I have whey protein shake because I need something that has less calories but high protein content and for something instant and convenient to carry around.. lets say for eg. immediately post workout..
    Last edited by yaz_rulz; 10-13-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    AMC

The only real natty bodybuilder that I know for sure is me! :)

manjeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kjavediqbal View Post
    No way Dude...you look bigger and better than me
    Hi mr. kjavediqbal, i just have joined the gym one week before and i am very thin, as my hands and legs are very skinny. I want to gain muscle so plz suggest me should i go for any protein supplements or not.

SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpeedyPower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by yaz_rulz View Post
    This is true.. I would never invest money on a weight gainer(expensive when u consider the cost per serving) when u can get enough calories from food itself or can make a high calorie protein shake urself.. I have whey protein shake because I need something that has less calories but high protein content and for something instant and convenient to carry around.. lets say for eg. immediately post workout..
    That's Totally Logic. Same thoughts, never spend money on weight gainers even if it costs same(in some offers) as Whey Protein.
    Just yesterday a friend said he got a Great offer on some weight gainer if buy quantities like 5 and more from the 10lbs and asked if I join him to buy, the shop can give us more better offer..you know
    He's a skinny size body but with spread muscle all over his body but worried that he had been taking whey protein but not growing fast, so said he better buy weight gainer especially with this good offer, maybe he grow faster.
    Told him if you want to grow faster anyway, eat bread all day..lol. Then said buy whatever you want, I'll not buy weight gainer, if the shop have a good offer on whey protein Call Me.
    The problem with some bodybuilder thoughts that it's easy to grow bigger and at same time ripped, so they think something is surely going wrong when they grow slowly.
    Which lead them to go to weight gainer in hope that it's the magic pill!!!
    Despite there body is at best condition to grow bigger in muscles and ripped or keep fat at lowest levels but when they go to weight gainers, it spoils all the process unless taken very carefully pre-workout, and the bodybuilder is very active through the day..
    It gives you much carbs, fats, sugar, much calories that all are better get from foods(Healthy).

Neither Buy Weight Gainer nor Mass Gainer despite the latter still somehow better but Whey protein Best Consumption.

roanphil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SpeedyPower View Post
    That's Totally Logic. Same thoughts, never spend money on weight gainers even if it costs same(in some offers) as Whey Protein.
    Just yesterday a friend said he got a Great offer on some weight gainer if buy quantities like 5 and more from the 10lbs and asked if I join him to buy, the shop can give us more better offer..you know
    He's a skinny size body but with spread muscle all over his body but worried that he had been taking whey protein but not growing fast, so said he better buy weight gainer especially with this good offer, maybe he grow faster.
    Told him if you want to grow faster anyway, eat bread all day..lol. Then said buy whatever you want, I'll not buy weight gainer, if the shop have a good offer on whey protein Call Me.
    The problem with some bodybuilder thoughts that it's easy to grow bigger and at same time ripped, so they think something is surely going wrong when they grow slowly.
    Which lead them to go to weight gainer in hope that it's the magic pill!!!
    Despite there body is at best condition to grow bigger in muscles and ripped or keep fat at lowest levels but when they go to weight gainers, it spoils all the process unless taken very carefully pre-workout, and the bodybuilder is very active through the day..
    It gives you much carbs, fats, sugar, much calories that all are better get from foods(Healthy).

Neither Buy Weight Gainer nor Mass Gainer despite the latter still somehow better but Whey protein Best Consumption.
    you make no sense man

Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Interested is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Where The Good Stuff