Tthackston13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Time to do Cardio?

I am currently seeing great results from the Max-OT program and follow it completely with the exception of doing abs 3 times a week rather then once. I even do my cardio on how the guy, Skip recommends on how to do it which is doing it like 8 hours after lifting. I run twice a week. However, I HATE waiting forever to do my cardio! I like to get my early morning workout in and be done. I dont like to have to wait around all day just to go run.

So my question is this. I want to put my cardio in while Im at the gym but wonder when I should do it. I have heard that doing it right after lifting which is what I used to do is best. I run 30 minutes on the treadmile at about 6-7 mph and take one break of two minutes when I hit 20 minutes into the run. I actually end up running about 31 or 32 minutes and I also make sure I eat more on days I do cardio. Is it bad to do my 30 minutes of cardio right after I lift? As I said, I only run twice a week to prevent weight loss. Thanks in advance for replies. I could really use some insight on this.

Would someone please help me out? Id really appreciate it..

creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tthackston13 View Post
    Would someone please help me out? Id really appreciate it..
    I do 20mins after my lifts, I like it a lot.
    Seems to have helped eliminate those pesky love handles
    lifting @9000ft bishes!

Yea I like cardio too just not too much. I used to do it everyday when I was trying to lose weight. But now I have lost everything I want so I try to keep it balanced by doing abs 3 days and 30 minutes of cardio twice a week. That way I am burning a little over 700 cals a week since I burn about 360 when I run. Do you think this is enough? I found that too much cardio made me too skinny even when I tried to eat more. I think Im going to do it right after my lifting.

creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea I like cardio too just not too much. I used to do it everyday when I was trying to lose weight. But now I have lost everything I want so I try to keep it balanced by doing abs 3 days and 30 minutes of cardio twice a week. That way I am burning a little over 700 cals a week since I burn about 360 when I run. Do you think this is enough? I found that too much cardio made me too skinny even when I tried to eat more. I think Im going to do it right after my lifting.
    that sounds good to me.
    I have been doing 5 mins before low intensity for warm-up
    and 20 mins after alternating intensity.
    But I am trying to lose a few pounds around the gut, and I could actually probably do more if I wanted too.
    I think you are fine with what you are doing.
    lifting @9000ft bishes!

I appreciate the help buddy. But yes I already lost all the weight I wanted. One thing I can actually help you with is how to lose the weight because I did it in no time flat. I just ran about 30 minutes a day and even ttake a rest or two where you walk at a decent pace. I dropped 50 pounds from April to August just by doing this 4 or 5 times a week! I didnt know this until this summer, but running is THE best thing for toning up the stomach. Some people think ab workouts are the best but this isnt true. Crunches and ab workouts build the muscle but you will NEVER see the abdominals until the fat covering them are gone.

I plan to just run twice a week after two of my lifting sessions. I hate waiting so long because I find myself keeping myself doing nothing all day because I have to wait to go run which isnt fun. Not to mention I dont like to run much anymore since I worked my butt off with it for so long. Again thanks for the reply man and I promise you that if you keep a clean diet and do what I said, you will drop it in no time. I guarantee it.

I appreciate the help buddy. But yes I already lost all the weight I wanted. One thing I can actually help you with is how to lose the weight because I did it in no time flat. I just ran about 30 minutes a day and even ttake a rest or two where you walk at a decent pace. I dropped 50 pounds from April to August just by doing this 4 or 5 times a week! I didnt know this until this summer, but running is THE best thing for toning up the stomach. Some people think ab workouts are the best but this isnt true. Crunches and ab workouts build the muscle but you will NEVER see the abdominals until the fat covering them are gone.

I plan to just run twice a week after two of my lifting sessions. I hate waiting so long because I find myself keeping myself doing nothing all day because I have to wait to go run which isnt fun. Not to mention I dont like to run much anymore since I worked my butt off with it for so long. Again thanks for the reply man and I promise you that if you keep a clean diet and do what I said, you will drop it in no time. I guarantee it.
    good tips, I may do that in the future! I do know about doing abs etc, you can't spot reduce fat. I used to run a couple years back and hate it, but I may actually start running at night when it is cooler out, good advice, thanks!
    lifting @9000ft bishes!