wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wolfbaden6's New and Somewhat Improved Training Log

Hey guys, I used to keep a log or 2 here last year, but I fell off my program, stopped for a year, and now I'm back in it. I figure I'll just my workouts and some comments here for my reference and for your comedic relief. I'm weak as hell, but ready to work my ass off.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll post my first 2 weeks of Starting Strength up here sometime within the next few hours. Try not to laugh to hard. I wouldn't want any of you tearing a muscle or falling off your chairs and getting a concussion. As I've mentioned, I started up again weak, but I'm progressing comfortably.
    Training log:

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

Week 1
    Friday 9/24/10
    Squats: 3 x 5 @165
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 115
    DL: 3 x 5 @ 225 (accidentally did 3 sets instead of 1)

Monday 9/27/10
    DID NOT LIFT

Wednesday 9/29/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 180
    Military Press: 3 x 5 @ 75
    Pendlay Rows: 3 x 5 @ 95

Friday 10/1/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 190
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 125
    DL: 1 x 5 @ 240

Week 2
    Tuesday 10/5/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 200
    Military Press: 3 x 5 @ 80
    Pendlay Rows: 3 x 5 @ 105

Thursday 10/7/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 210
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 135
    DL: 1 x 5 @ 255
    Training log:

Sunday 10/10/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 220
    Military Press: 3 x 5 @ 85
    Pendlay Rows: 3 x 5 @ 115

I'm also going to be leaving notes and stuff here about the day's session.

Today was a surprising lifting day. I came in feeling kinda tired and beat, but I lifted really well.

Warmup
    7.5 mins on an exercise bike. Resistance increased slightly each minute until the 6th minute at which it is maintained until time is up. This is my general warmup to get me sweating. I follow this up with some dynamic stretches.

Squats
    These started out kinda dumb. I got my warmup of 135 on my back, I squat down, and while squatting, my right foot slides out from under me because the ass lifitngbefore me spilled something and neglected to clean it up. I cam crashing down, looking like an idiot. I picked the weight back up, racked it, and proceeded on. My 3 x 5 here felt great. I thought I was definitely getting good depth and I felt strong coming out of the hole. Unfortunately, I did not lift in a sweatshirt like I normally do, so the bar (which does not have knurling in the middle of the bar) would slide down this stupid moisture wicking t-shirt I have. Needless to say, my low bar squat ended up very low bar by the end of each set.

Military Press
    Eh, these were easy. My upper body is weak as hell (well my whole body is...), but it's nice to see some progress.

Pendlay Rows
    These were very easy. I like the good pull I get with these as compared to regular bent-over rows and they feel much better on my lower back.

Overall
    I found today's workout to be very good for me. Aside from my squat mishap at the beginning of the session, today made me feel confident that there will be a lot of progression in my future.
    Training log:

Just a little update:

Being sick sucks.

That is all.
    Training log:

Went to see the doctor today and I was told I've got a case of acute bronchitis. Some antibiotics and an inhaler should fix me in no time.

For anybody who actually glances at this, what do you recommend? Get right back in where I left off or go back a session or 2 and go from there? I really don't predict too much in the way of strength lost, but I don't want to hurt myself getting back in.
    Training log:

buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10) buddyjay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Id say go back a couple notches thats what i usually do if i am sick or i miss an extended period working out.

i saw the last post cause i saw you had a log and was seeing how you had it set up thinking of posting my own
    Motivation gets you going; Determination keeps you going.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=563340111

BIGGER, STRONGER, MONSTER SIZE!!

I'm finally feeling well enough to get back into the gym today! I work 1-3 and have class from 3-4:20, so by around 4:40ish I should be good to go. Update later!
    Training log:

Week 3 (redo of previous 2 workouts after being sick)

Monday 10/18/10
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 220
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 135
    DL: 1 x 5 @ 255

Squat
    I thought I was going to have some trouble with these, but they felt fine. During my second set, I was doing a low bar squat when the bar started slipping down my back. I had to bail out of the lift and look like an idiot in front of the gym, but I don't care. I ended off by doing a higher-bar squat instead and those felt great.

Bench
    I adjust my grip to be a bit wider than I normally do after finally finding out than I've been doing a pretty narrow, more tricep-dominant bench. I felt it much more in my chest today and the lifts felt a bit easier too.

DL
    These went fine too. The bar went up really easy on every lift and my back felt fine.

Overall
    A great first day back after being sick. I thought I would have lost more strength than I did, but maybe a week off is just what I needed, whether I felt it or not.
    Training log:

I have quite possibly one of the busiest and most sleepless weeks in my whole life. I'll be in the gym later today. College sucks sometimes...
    Training log:

God, college sucks sometimes. I've been stupid busy. I finally got to lift last night.

Squat
    3 x 5 @ 230

Military Press
    3 x 5 @ 85

Pendlay Rows
    3 x 5 @ 115

I'm not going to go into details, but everything went well. There were no issues at all.

I'm tired, exhausted, and I just had a whole lot of stuff dumped on me by my family today that I'm really struggling to wrap my head around. I'm back in the gym tomorrow. Hopefully, I've got the fuel to keep going strong.

Some quick calculations, assuming I don't have to reset:
    - 1x body weight squat :: 3 x 5 :: November 5th

- 315 pound deadlift :: 1 x 5 :: November 12th <== I can probably do this now, but it's following the logical progression of the program

- 200 pound bench :: 3 x 5 :: November 21st <== embarrassing, but whatever
    Training log:

Lifts from 10/29/10:

Squat
    3 x 5 @ 240

Bench
    3 x 5 @ 145

DL
    1 x 5 @ 270

Everything went well last night. I had no issues lifting. I was able to take video of my legs while squatting! I just need to find a way to get it from my phone to my computer. I think my form looks alright from what I can tell, but we'll see when I show the masses.

I'm starting to get concerned that my squat is going to overtake my DL, but we'll see about it. I may just start adding 20 lbs to each DL workout instead of the 15 I've been going with. I'll test that out for 2 or 3 sessions and see where I'll go from there.

More on Sunday!
    Training log:

Sunday 10/31/2010

Man, what a crappy lifting day. I was excited to go and lift, but I just felt tired and beat-up the whole time I was in the gym. The workout took longer than normal too. Today's lifts:

Squat
    3 x 5 @ 240

I was able to get all of these, but like I said, I just felt crappy the whole time. Not sick, just tired. I'm looking forward to hitting new and heavier numbers. 300 lbs is on the horizon!

Military Press
    3 x 5 @ 90

These were probably the easiest part of my workout. For some reason, the extra 5 lbs felt so much heavier than last time, but I'll still attribute that to whatever the hell I was feeling.

Pendlay Rows
    3 x 5 @ 125

Same thing here, just tired at this point.

All in all, I'm glad I got everything, but I have to make sure I get a bit more sleep. More on Wednesday!
    Training log:

Lifts from 11/3/10:

Squat
    3 x 5 @ 250

I just looked back and I have no ****ing clue as to why I redid the 240 pound lift. I must have been on something. These were good today. The weight actually felt light. I enjoyed it.

Bench
    3 x 5 @ 155

I managed to get all of these done no problem, but the weight difference between today and two sessions ago felt immense.

DL
    1 x 5 @ 285

I must have written the numbers down incorrectly because this was a 25 pound jump. I got them without issue, but seriously, I'm an idiot.
    Training log: