JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 week transformation

I am the minority here as I really enjoy doing cardio and dislike lifting. Four weeks ago I started lifting for the first time and must admit I really enjoy it. I wanted to start out with simple lifts so for four weeks I simply did:

3 days/week
    5x5 Deadlift
    5x5 Bench
    5x5 Bent over rows

I am pretty pleased with the results but wanted to get your opinions. I would like to add a few more lifts now that I am comfortable and just purchased a gym membership. Judging by my pic is their any lifts I should incorporate. Also, I should mention I am still eating at a calorie deficit because I am hesitant to gain weight. Anyways, advice..criticism.

Unfortunately the before picture I was not flexing. I subconsciously threw up the shocker in the after pic.
    Attached Images

ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would definitely find a way to work squats into your routine.

pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try to take the same pose in each pic, I personally prefer also no flex and not after doing 2hrs in the gym

My pics are the early morning after a good night sleep. Maybe I should cheat and work my arse off and take the next one right after cardio/ab routine.

And if you have a gym membership now, I'm a big fan of the 4 day split. Hitting Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs, Shoulders. Core as needed of course.
    When I'm fat my pants don't fit, When I lose weight my pants don't fit.. maybe I should stop wearing pants?

Sept 1st/195lb - Last Weigh-In 175.5lbs
    Goal June 1st/170lb - Under 15% bf

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ehall20 View Post
    I would definitely find a way to work squats into your routine.
    Agreed.

The flexing vs. non-flexing kind of skews any comparisons, in addition to the fact that in your 'after' photo you are standing significantly closer to the camera thus looking bigger regardless of muscle mass. Your back does, however, look wider so those rows must be doing something

Keep at it, work on the core lifts (including squats!), and monitor your progress. Good luck

Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Plus, thorwin up the shocker sign in you after pic kind of makes you look like a douche..
    just sayin'

JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JCL1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. The reason I got the gym membership is because I wanted to start doing squats. Is it possible to do a 4-day split but substitute something for the legs or just do a 3 day? I really don't want to build muscle in my legs.

Autino I agree with you..not sure why I did that. I'm not a douche though

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JCL1 View Post
    I really don't want to build muscle in my legs.
    Curious as to your reasoning for this...

ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehall20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JCL1 View Post
    The reason I got the gym membership is because I wanted to start doing squats... I really don't want to build muscle in my legs.

So you want to start doing squats because you don't want to build muscle in your legs?

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Curious as to your reasoning for this...
    In my opinion I have naturally muscular legs which I'm happy with. Also, I am running a marathon in Jan so I'm training a few times a week doing that. Here is a quick calf pic I just took.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by ehall20 View Post
    So you want to start doing squats because you don't want to build muscle in your legs?
    I thought squats were a great overall core exercise. I have done alot of research with lifts and what they do but am still rather uninformed.

pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squats / Like Deadlifts hit a lot of muscle groups.

Check out this site for more info ... http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

As for 4 day split, Checkout the workout Forums, there's tons of variations on 4 day splits, 5 day splits, 3, etc.. it's all up to your personal goals.

But try and hit your muscle groups hard and let them rest for at least 72 hours and realize some workouts hit other muscles, just not as hard.
    When I'm fat my pants don't fit, When I lose weight my pants don't fit.. maybe I should stop wearing pants?

Sept 1st/195lb - Last Weigh-In 175.5lbs
    Goal June 1st/170lb - Under 15% bf