JWe45bb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

too many carbs in my Protein Shake????

I just started following the Palumbo Cutting Diet, which calls for 3 Whey Shakes/day, 50g protein, with 1 scoop of PB. I am experimenting with almond milk and coconut milk, which both have 1g carb per serving. My PB has 1.5g net carbs per TBSP. Finally, I use ON Whey, which has 4g of carbs. So with one scoop of the Whey, my shake has 6.5g carbs, which is alright i'm pretty sure, however if I use two scoops of Whey to achieve the 50g of protein that the diet calls for, I will be around 10.5g carbs....will that throw me out of ketosis?

TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JWe45bb View Post
    I just started following the Palumbo Cutting Diet, which calls for 3 Whey Shakes/day, 50g protein, with 1 scoop of PB. I am experimenting with almond milk and coconut milk, which both have 1g carb per serving. My PB has 1.5g net carbs per TBSP. Finally, I use ON Whey, which has 4g of carbs. So with one scoop of the Whey, my shake has 6.5g carbs, which is alright i'm pretty sure, however if I use two scoops of Whey to achieve the 50g of protein that the diet calls for, I will be around 10.5g carbs....will that throw me out of ketosis?
    Keep it under 30 and you should be good.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JWe45bb View Post
    mix your shakes with water and have no worries

however..most people dont follow palumbo if they really want to do a keto diet.. Protein is just to high for the average person to stay in ketosis.. 46% of protein is converted into glucose and can prevent some form even reaching ketosis depending on their calories eaten. A true keto diet is 60-65% fat and only 30-35% protein
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Locabort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    or mix with Almond Milk (unsweetened). 2g carbs per 1 cup. tastes great too!