Registered User blonderebellion's Avatar
    blonderebellion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diets for female endomorphs?

I've seen plenty of posts here with diet suggestions for males, but what about for female endomorphs? Are the guidelines the same, just smaller portions for us? Explain, please.

And, just for background:

I am not trying to be a female bodybuilder or anything of the sort. I'm just trying to get the fit body I've never had. I've been busting ass at the gym trying to get there, but I just recently discovered why, despite my clean diet and long gym sessions, I am not losing fat in my midsection as fast as I would like to. Ugh, being an endomorph sucks. Now I'm kind of afraid that even if I lose all of this fat, I'm still going to look chub because of my body type.

Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mikeyboy909 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm a male endomorph and the best things to do are:

Try not to snack on bread or other high carb products
    Take in lots of protein
    Do HIIT (Highly Intense Interval Training)
    Do Circuits (doing a group of exercises round in circles)
    Give yourself as little rest between sets
    Cut down on snacks, trust me on this one..chocolate goes to us a lot more than other people!

Just generally try and eat more vegetables and things containing high fibre so you don't feel as hungry.

Another little tip is if i'm craving food, have a glass of skimmed milk and it'll soon pass

Originally Posted by Mikeyboy909 View Post
    I'm a male endomorph and the best things to do are:

Try not to snack on bread or other high carb products
    Take in lots of protein
    Do HIIT (Highly Intense Interval Training)
    Do Circuits (doing a group of exercises round in circles)
    Give yourself as little rest between sets
    Cut down on snacks, trust me on this one..chocolate goes to us a lot more than other people!

Just generally try and eat more vegetables and things containing high fibre so you don't feel as hungry.

Another little tip is if i'm craving food, have a glass of skimmed milk and it'll soon pass

Thank you for your response! I don't even eat chocolate, soda, or any junk foods, so I guess I just need to stop eating bread and other carbs to lose more weight. I also have trouble eating more than 50 grams of protein a day and incorporating veggies into my diet more, so I know I definitely still have room for improvement.

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blonderebellion View Post
    I also have trouble eating more than 50 grams of protein a day and incorporating veggies into my diet more, so I know I definitely still have room for improvement.
    That could be your problem right there. Also fat comes off where it wants to first. Both my fiance' and I lose it in our back when we did our first cut, she kept a small pooch FOREVER til it finally came off.

Also she is 5'2" 111 lbs and eats 1130 calories on a cut, she manages to eat 150g of protein. At your weight and what you should be cutting at 120g should be simple.
    The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Originally Posted by NotHereOrThere View Post
    That could be your problem right there. Also fat comes off where it wants to first. Both my fiance' and I lose it in our back when we did our first cut, she kept a small pooch FOREVER til it finally came off.

Also she is 5'2" 111 lbs and eats 1130 calories on a cut, she manages to eat 150g of protein. At your weight and what you should be cutting at 120g should be simple.
    How do you manage to incorporate that much protein, though? I eat lean chicken for dinner and shrimp for lunch, yet I don't even come close to 120g! Do I need to take a supplement or something?

Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 large eggs in the morning = 20gms
    1 chicken breast = approx. 40gms

Thats 60gms in just 2 meals. Eat more.

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein shakes help and they taste very good.
    The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    6 oz of lean beef is like 52g and around 420 calories, 6 oz of lean chicken (strips or breast) has about 33g of protein and around 170 calories. Red meat has TONS of protein and the good animal fats that you need.
    Your average "scoop" of whey protein is about 24g of protein/130 calories.
    Dont worry about "becoming a bodybuilder", you lack the hormonal support of testosterone to get "big", so unless you are taking test, its NOT gonna happen. Keep losing body fat and you will trim your core, it takes time.
    With 4 scoops, steak, chicken, and misc crap i get about 212g of protein a day, and thats only 2200 calories of food.
    Lifting heavy weights 3-5 times a week, do MAX OT or HIIT cardio, at least 3 times a week and eat below your maintenance or burn more calories to put you in a deficit through weight training and really hard cardio to lose bodyfat.

You can eat sprouted wheat bread/ezekiel bread/oatmeal as they are slow "complex" carbs, but in moderation-you dont need a ton of carbs unless you are pushing yourself.

Do compound exercises like squats (not on the smith machine), bench press, and deadlifts as they recruit the most muscle fibers, more lean body tissue, the faster your metabolic rate (RMR) will be and end up burning more calories per day.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Pennyw1se View Post
    3 large eggs in the morning = 20gms
    1 chicken breast = approx. 40gms

Thats 60gms in just 2 meals. Eat more.

Holy shiz, 3 eggs?! I only eat 1. I guess I do need to start eating more, even though it seems counterintuitive to weight loss.

And thank you all for your help! Especially you, Serpentarius! I'm going to the gym right now and I'll try to incorporate those exercises you just mentioned.

Here's a bit of an update:

Here are my average macros so far for this week:

Fat 31.5g
    Saturated Fat 6.8g
    Cholesterol 286.6mg
    Sodium 3,237mg <---Not sure why this is so high, christ. Normally it's ~2k
    Carbs 185.8g
    Fiber 16.6g
    Sugars 82.6g <----- Mostly fruit sugar, but that's probably too high...
    Protein 105.1g

I consistently eat a net of around 1,200 calories.

Besides increasing my protein and cutting down on my fruit sugar, what else can I do better? Any suggestions?

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Female endomorphs almost always do better on low carbs than low fats.

If you can stomach a keto diet, the results can be astonishing for people like you.

KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillaKev001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MajorTwang View Post
    Female endomorphs almost always do better on low carbs than low fats.

If you can stomach a keto diet, the results can be astonishing for people like you.
    I was going to suggest the same thing. You may benefit from Keto. Eliminate the carbs (including fruit!). Focus on your protein intake. I am 4.5 weeks into a cut on Keto and 18lbs leaner. The fat is coming off from EVERYWHERE. Try to divide the protein intake between your meals.

120g - 3 meals & a post workout shake works out to about 30g per meal + 30g in your shake. The protein will help keep you full & the low carbs will help your drop some excess water too.

I have been successful on even higher protein. My LBM is 220lb. I take in between 230-250g of protein daily. My diet has been very controlled & snack cravings have vanished.

You might have to force the protein intake a bit but build your meals around that protein. One Keto you can eat meals that are all but "forbidden" but "conventional" low fat diets. I eat 4 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup of cheese & 4 strips of bacon for breakfast. About 47g protein.

My point is you wouldn't just have to eat 3 eggs for breakfast, you can have 1 or 2 & some bacon or sausage (or any other type of meat) to get your protein.

My girlfriend has been successful as well. She has lost 25lbs.
    Last edited by KillaKev001; 10-13-2010 at 08:36 AM.

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keto can be absolute magic for endo women. Mrs Twang has dropped 10lb in 6 weeks, dropping her carbs down to the 80-100g a day level.

The problem with trying to diet on high carbs is that unless you cut calories like a bitch or do lots of cardio, your glycogen levels never drop low enough to trigger fat burning. Instead the high insulin levels shunt what little dietary fat you do eat into your fat cells for storage, because you're telling your body to burn carbs instead.

Low carbs on the other hand signals to your body that it needs to start burning fat. To give it this signal, you need to give your body sufficient fat for energy.

Red face Revelation!!

Originally Posted by MajorTwang View Post
    The problem with trying to diet on high carbs is that unless you cut calories like a bitch or do lots of cardio, your glycogen levels never drop low enough to trigger fat burning. Instead the high insulin levels shunt what little dietary fat you do eat into your fat cells for storage, because you're telling your body to burn carbs instead.

Low carbs on the other hand signals to your body that it needs to start burning fat. To give it this signal, you need to give your body sufficient fat for energy.
    AH HA! This makes so much sense. I really can't cut anymore calories without it negatively affecting my energy level, which in turn affects how hard I can work out, so the only thing I can really cut now is mah carbz. >_<

Today is officially the first day I've been low-carb. I'm at 46g for the day, before I cook up a plate of chicken for dinner and munch on some celery.

I need to read up on Keto before tomorrow, and if it's doable, then hey, I'll go with that for the rest of this week and beyond until I see some results.

Thank you all, you've been so wonderful! I'll update you again next time I have something worth posting.

Originally Posted by KillaKev001 View Post
    I was going to suggest the same thing. You may benefit from Keto. Eliminate the carbs (including fruit!). Focus on your protein intake. I am 4.5 weeks into a cut on Keto and 18lbs leaner. The fat is coming off from EVERYWHERE. Try to divide the protein intake between your meals.

120g - 3 meals & a post workout shake works out to about 30g per meal + 30g in your shake. The protein will help keep you full & the low carbs will help your drop some excess water too.

I have been successful on even higher protein. My LBM is 220lb. I take in between 230-250g of protein daily. My diet has been very controlled & snack cravings have vanished.

You might have to force the protein intake a bit but build your meals around that protein. One Keto you can eat meals that are all but "forbidden" but "conventional" low fat diets. I eat 4 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup of cheese & 4 strips of bacon for breakfast. About 47g protein.

My point is you wouldn't just have to eat 3 eggs for breakfast, you can have 1 or 2 & some bacon or sausage (or any other type of meat) to get your protein.

My girlfriend has been successful as well. She has lost 25lbs.
    I'm going to look up this Keto thing and try it. Eliminating fruit is going to be hard, but hey, if it works, it'll be worth it. XD

TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TravisNJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by blonderebellion View Post
    I'm going to look up this Keto thing and try it. Eliminating fruit is going to be hard, but hey, if it works, it'll be worth it. XD
    Keep your carbs under 30g per day (try to get them from green leafy veggies). Your macros should be 60% fat, 35% protein, 5% (I try to keep under that, regardless).

If you are interested, check out the keto sub-forum of the nutrition forum.

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Before you jump into a keto diet, you may want to try switching your carb and protein numbers. Even making that change should impact you and will get you on the way to adjusting to a keto diet, if that is way you decide to go.